Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

My Visits To Buhari Not To Defect To APC – Mimiko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Visits To Buhari Not To Defect To APC – Mimiko (529 Views)

Hospital Visits To Yusuf Buhari Boosting Sales — Abuja Traders / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Group Advises Aspirants To Defect / PDP Crisis: Pressure Mounts On NASS Lawmakers To Defect En Mass To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Visits To Buhari Not To Defect To APC – Mimiko by agwom(m): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Gov. Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo has dismissed reports that his recent visits to the Presidential Villa are to facilitate his movement from PDP to APC.
Mimiko told State House correspondents in Abuja on Monday, after a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, that he only briefed the president on the security situation in his state. Governor Mimiko receives President Buhari in Akure

According to him, as the Chief Security Officer of Ondo, he is duty bound to brief the president on the security situation in the state.

“Like I said, as the Chief Security Officer of my state, if there is any credible threat to security, I owe the responsibility to Nigerians to brief Mr President of what is going on in the state.

“Mr President was in my state to campaign for his party. I extended to him the courtesies of receiving him at the airport and seeing him off as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not as APC.

“I understand that people have speculated that this means I am going to APC. There is nothing of such. I only extended him normal courtesies that protocols demand. “As a governor and security officer of the state, if the president is visiting, no matter the party he belongs, it is only appropriate for me to extend the courtesies to him.

“As a governor and security officer of the state, if the president is visiting, no matter the party he belongs, it is only appropriate for me to extend the courtesies to him. “That was what I did in Akure.

“And I have also come to brief him about the security situation in my state,’’ he added. Mimiko told reporters that he was only visiting the villa for the second time since the crisis in his party, adding:

“I am just concentrating on the case of my party in court.’’ When asked what would happen if his candidate were to win at the Supreme Court, he said: “the whole of Ondo State will erupt in joy and it will be so self-evident.’’

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/visits-buhari-not-defect-apc-mimiko/

Re: My Visits To Buhari Not To Defect To APC – Mimiko by Atiku2019: 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
cheesy
Re: My Visits To Buhari Not To Defect To APC – Mimiko by yarimo(m): 11:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
But MIMIKO if JEGEDE is the candidate of PDP will you be in villa to give security report abi? Mimiko you betray 2 former governor of ondo state . Late ADEBAYO ADEFARATI you were commissioner during his tenure , you betray former governor. Late OLUSEGUN AGAGU you were SSG during his tenure and now PDP betray you. What goes around comes around

(1) (Reply)

How TB Joshua Inserted Pepper Into A Lady’s Private Part Over ‘fornication’ / Mixed Reaction As Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Birthday / Mike Akhigbe Was A Pirate In Navy Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.