Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life (657 Views)

Glo Introduces Stay Home Data Plan, Offers 20% More Data / Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone / What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by Reediano(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2016
Facebook has over the years released a lot of updates with bug fixes and improvements for android. But they stil haven't managed to tackle the the major problems that many android users are facing with the app with is battery drain.

If you use the facebook app and messenger a lot then you probably must have noticed how much it affects your phone's performance and also battery life. What make it even worse is that if you don't login or your data connection is off, the app will run in the background.

Tech World Zone recently tested the Facebook app on a Nexus 6P using Metal. The results of the test showed that for a whole week, removing the Facebook app left the phone with 20% more battery life each day and it also improved the overall performance of the android device.

So what this means is that, deleting the facebook app and messenger would not only save you more battery life but also improve the performance of your Android phone.

According to a statement issued by Facebook's spokesman
"We have heard reports of a few people encountering speed issues coming from our Android application. We are investigating this and will update you as often as possible. We are focused on keeping on enhancing these issues.
Even though he tries to address the performance issues of Android phones and tablets with the app installed, he didn't say anything about the battery drain issue.

Note that the extra 20% battery life saved was based on the device used for the test conducted by Tech World Zone. On your own phone it could be less or more than that but to clear your doubts, you can go ahead and try it out yourself.

If you must access Facebook but you are also thinking of saving some extra battery life.Then uninstall the facebook app and use your native browser until Facebook developers finds a solution to this long term issue.

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/11/deleting-facebook-app-can-actually-save.html
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by eraly(m): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2016
very very true. I don't even install it cos dat app dey another level on its own. grin cheesy
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by klassykute(m): 8:41am On Nov 22, 2016
and it consumes space. even google play
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2016
as 4 me I only install apps dat I can't browse directly through my web browser. E.g whatsapp, BBM, IMo Beta, Banks app etc.
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by Reediano(m): 6:42am On Nov 23, 2016
Ighoga898:
as 4 me I only install apps dat I can't browse directly through my web browser. E.g whatsapp, BBM, IMo Beta, Banks app etc.

I don't even have all that except bank apps and WhatsApp
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by donshady(m): 6:45am On Nov 23, 2016
Just bank app, ucbrowser, WhatsApp and Instagram. finish.
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by Reediano(m): 6:49am On Nov 23, 2016
donshady:
Just bank app, ucbrowser, WhatsApp and Instagram. finish.

I even prefer checking my Facebook timeline on UC compared to the mobile app
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by donshady(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2016
Reediano:

I even prefer checking my Facebook timeline on UC compared to the mobile app
that's what I do every time.
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2016
Reediano:

exactly
Re: Deleting The Facebook App Can Actually Save You Up To 20% More Battery Life by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 23, 2016
Reediano:

exactly

(1) (Reply)

Mtn #25 Night Plan Scrapped / Infinix Snokor Z5000 For Sale / URGENT!!! I Need Your Opinion Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.