Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,889 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Hidden Message Behind D’banj’s New Song “focus” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hidden Message Behind D’banj’s New Song “focus” (570 Views)

Duncan Mighty Collaborates With D’banj In New Music / Hidden Message Behind “what You Want “(letter To My Wife) By D’banj / Hidden Message Behind Pantoranking's 'no Kissing' (2) (3) (4)

Hidden Message Behind D’banj’s New Song “focus” by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2016

Dapo Oyebanjo aka D’banj, aka Banga Lee, aka Eja Nla, aka the Kokomaster has had a mixed year. Most of the songs he has released have failed to make any impact except one, the song Emergency. Still, this hasn’t stopped him from performing at sold out shows all over the country. Recently, he was allegedly said to be in debt to the tune of over a N100 million of naira to various businessmen with one of them Henry Ojogho and his company Mindhub technologies suing him to court.
Amidst all these, he has released a new song which he titled Focus. Probably as a means of telling his ‘haters’ to focus on what is important to him which is the music. On the Killertunes produced song, it appeared he was throwing shots to the likes of Wizkid, Davido, and Ayo Jay over their recently signed record deals with international record label Sony Music and RCA.
Recall that D’banj was among the very first Nigerian musicians to sign a record deal with an international company. He signed with the Kanye West led GOOD music in 2011. But unlike Davido and Wizkid, his record deal did not bring forth much fruit. Also, most people seem to forget that he “cleared the way” for the aforementioned musicians whenever their international deals are mentioned. All this and more probably led him to add the lines below in the song.
“Them see me when I been dey rock New York Na we be people wey rock New York. Good Music if I never clear road, na we be people wey rock New York. Good Music if I never clear road, na who go dey New York” Listen to the song below:
Read more: https://gistcart.com/hidden-message-behind-dbanjs-new-song-focus/

They Accused Me Of Stealing Iphones & Beat Me Up” – Seun Egbegbe Speaks / Actress Anita Joseph Shows Off Her Dance Moves / Does Davido Plan Failed???