Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,657 members, 7,862,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Start A Business While In School-tetpreneur.com - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Reasons Why You Should Start A Business While In School-tetpreneur.com (434 Views)

For Those Who Started Business While In School / Ways To Start A Business While Working A Full-time Job / 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Your Own Work At Home Internet Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Should Start A Business While In School-tetpreneur.com by Olubendeji: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
As the trend “Go to school, get a good grade and get a good (white collar) job” applies in the agricultural and industrial revolution, it does not in this information age.

The population increase of all nations (esp. Nigeria) is at an alarming rate and this has reduced the degree of impact of the government to its citizen. This calls for why you should start a business while still in school. Below are reasons why you should kick off your business.

1. Environment

The college has a high level of creativity ranging from students to lecturers. Launching a business in this area is the best as it is easily announced due to its population. You have a higher chance of getting your product/services across to the end user. The university environment also provides a mentor – men-tee relationship. So, you have persons around you to seek advice in situations as the saying goes “Successful men lies on the shoulder of those who have gone ahead of them”.

2. Time

I have heard student complaining that they don’t have time to do this or that. But the truth is you have the all the needed time to start up your business and still not jeopardize your academic excellence. Cut out the time spent on movies, gossiping, visiting friends, etc., these neither increase you financially nor increase your grade. I had friends who kept on procrastinating saying they will start as soon as they graduate but found themselves not being able to fulfil their wish. The right time to start is now.

3. Opportunities

If there is anything that makes college interesting, it is the numerous number of opportunities presented to us at a platter of gold. I can remember attending intensive AUTO CAD training at a fee of N1000 including feeding (twice a day) for one week and so many others. Truly, the best and easiest place to becoming great starts in school not because of the gigantic buildings or architectural design but of the great opportunities that lies in there. There are a lot of entrepreneurship seminars & workshops that takes place in your college every session that you can attend for free. Also, there are persons (student or staff) who may decide to invest in your business or give you loan without collateral. Take advantage of this opportunity to avoid being a victim of the saying “Opportunity lost can never be regain”. Start a business today.

4. Potential Profit

This reason cannot be left out as it is the utmost desire of all entrepreneurs. I am sure you want an extra source of income, you want to have enough to spend, and you want to be independent (i.e. taking responsibility), then start a business. The high population in schools also increases your chance of higher profit.

5. Low Risk/Capital involved

I started my first business with as little as N200 and with time I began to transact in thousand. There are businesses you can do on campus that has little or no risk involved. Some business does not require your money but your diligence. Respect the days of little beginnings, never be afraid to start small.

6. Growth in relationship:

Being an entrepreneur gets you to meet many important persons either at seminars, conferences, workshops or day to day transactions. This builds your contact and connections. This age (information age) solely depends on how well you are informed. And you know relationship determines information. Nobody tells you vital information they have if they have nothing in common with you. Therefore, start your business, build relationship and see yourself at the top.

7. Fun

Lastly, running a business is fun. Both the good and the bad days all have lessons to be learnt. The people you meet and places you have gone to, challenges faced and many more. All add to the fun of your business.

Add yours in the comment below.

Source: www.tetpreneur.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow Your Business Online Using Hashtag / Supplier Of Construction Material And Construction Equipment In Osogbo, Nigeria. / Get Twice Your Risk Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.