Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? (732 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Why Is Evil On The Increase If We Believe Law Of Harvest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by Sinkills: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Over the years, there has been increase in the number of churches and other worship centres. Yet sin, corruption and unrighteousness is on the increase. People have been wondering why. I think that one of the reasons is the emphasis on materialism and earthly acquisitions at the expense of teachings on repentance and right living. Most clergy these days dwell mostly on prosperity and less on salvation from sin and holiness. It is not out of place for a Christian to be doing well materially and people should know this. But it is can certainly against the teachings of Christ and His immediate disciples for people who gather in the name of the Lord to be learning more of the world than what it takes to see and live with God for endless eternity. Little wonder, a lot of people attend church meetings weekly but still remain sinful, covetous, corrupt, wordly and immoral. But there are a few pastors and churches who still emphasize repentance, right-living and heaven-mindedness. May God direct us to the right places I J N, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by felixomor: 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Sinkills:
Over the years, there has been increase in the number of churches and other worship centres. Yet sin, corruption and unrighteousness is on the increase. People have been wondering why. I think that one of the reasons is the emphasis on materialism and earthly acquisitions at the expense of teachings on repentance and right living. Most clergy these days dwell mostly on prosperity and less on salvation from sin and holiness. It is not out of place for a Christian to be doing well materially and people should know that. But is against the teachings of Christ and His immediate disciples for people who gather in the name of the Lord to be learning more of the world than what it takes to see and live with God for endless eternity. Little wonder, a lot of people attend church meetings weekly but still remain sinful, covetous, corrupt, wordly and immoral. But there are a few of them who still emphasize repentance, right-living and heaven-mindedness. May God direct us to the right places I J N, Amen.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by gabinogem(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
Whether church or no church, the heart of men is desperately wicked.

Whether good or evil, the strong will always consume the weak.
Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by zarakay(f): 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
Because the heart of man is desperately wicked...
Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
Being religious does not make one godly .
Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by johnydon22(m): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
as kingebukasblog said above, religiosity is not synonymous to being ethical or moral.. morality is about actions and actions spans mostly from our volition. how we relate these actions to others spans from our empathy, compassion, pity and equal considerations to those around us even the ones we feel are undeserving.

it is more noble i think to derive a social behavior based on maximum consideration of the feelings of others rather than what an authority or authorities say w should do, if we base the root of our actions towards others on empathy [considering he feelings of others], we will learn to treat each other with more kindness

1 Like

Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
stop asking irrelevant questions. Jesus Christ prophecied everything that we see today. In fact he said the worst is not yet come. There's so much evil in the world and it will only get worse. Jesus Christ said that there will many tribulations (for Christians) but that we should cheer up since he has conquered the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by Sinkills: 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
Omudia:
stop asking irrelevant questions. Jesus Christ prophecied everything that we see today. In fact he said the worst is not yet come. There's so much evil in the world and it will only get worse. Jesus Christ said that there will many tribulations (for Christians) but that we should cheer up since he has conquered the world.

Yes, I'm aware of the prophecies of Christ concerning evils that will characterise the end times. However my question is not altogether irrelevant especially to those who do not want to perish with the sinners in the world. One can decide to count himself out by repenting from sin, turning to Christ, living a holy life by grace and fighting the good fight of faith against sin, Satan and the evils happening in the world. We can also help others out through our exemplary lifestyle and preaching. I will not perish with the world I J N, Shalom!
Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by shadeyinka(m): 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sinkills:
Over the years, there has been increase in the number of churches and other worship centres. Yet sin, corruption and unrighteousness is on the increase. People have been wondering why. I think that one of the reasons is the emphasis on materialism and earthly acquisitions at the expense of teachings on repentance and right living. Most clergy these days dwell mostly on prosperity and less on salvation from sin and holiness. It is not out of place for a Christian to be doing well materially and people should know this. But it is can certainly against the teachings of Christ and His immediate disciples for people who gather in the name of the Lord to be learning more of the world than what it takes to see and live with God for endless eternity. Little wonder, a lot of people attend church meetings weekly but still remain sinful, covetous, corrupt, wordly and immoral. But there are a few pastors and churches who still emphasize repentance, right-living and heaven-mindedness. May God direct us to the right places I J N, Amen.

Where the carcass is, the vultures will be gathered.

Jesus did not emphasize religion and that is what we do today.

Religion is about what man does to satisfy or please his God.

Christianity is about a relationship with God what causes a transformation which please God.

When you see a professor of church and Christianity with no transformed life, you can be sure that such is a religionist.
Re: Why Is Evil On The Increase Despite Much Religion? by Sinkills: 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

Where the carcass is, the vultures will be gathered.

Jesus did not emphasize religion and that is what we do today.

Religion is about what man does to satisfy or please his God.

Christianity is about a relationship with God what causes a transformation which please God.

When you see a professor of church and Christianity with no transformed life, you can be sure that such is a religionist.
Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Did God Create The Devil? / .... / Africans And Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.