Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .... (728 Views)

Atheism Was An "Error": English Professor Atheist, Converts To Christianity / I'm A New Atheist / Why No Atheist Converts From Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by Codedrock(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: .... by Codedrock(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2016
I must say though, in a country like Nigeria religion is important to guide ethics. With the way most Nigerians think, without religion Nigeria might be morally worse than this, the point is Nigerians shouldn't get too attached to religion and it's culture.
Re: .... by themonk(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
Codedrock:
Seun has done quite a great job this year in the religion section from coming out to be an atheist to passing educative messages about his belief.

Even though I already gave up on religion before I started following his faith/evolution related topics I must say I learned more from the topics Seun and other atheists have discussed it was pretty interesting.
They Made 2 influences on me:
*Finally made me admit to myself that the bible is fictional

*Learned more about the "Evolution theory" even though I still don't believe in the "Big Bang"

I must say I'm not an atheist though.. I still believe there is a creator, "God". My major reason: "Order".

With the way Seun and other atheists have tackled religion and answered people's questions I believe many people must have learn one thing or the other even though they still believe there's God.

The major point still is: Nigerians belief in spirituality needs to stop. People need to start facing reality.

So what influence has NL atheists made on you so far?
Am agnostic but have a leaning towards pantheism. Could you please share the posts that you believe are the basis of atheism. I want to read the dicussions, e.g on theory of evolution. Thank you. Seun help out too

1 Like

Re: .... by felixomor: 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2016
Atheist converts,

They didn't come.
Re: .... by Codedrock(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
themonk:

Am agnostic but have a leaning towards pantheism. Could you please share the posts that you believe are the basis of atheism. I want to read the dicussions, e.g on theory of evolution. Thank you. Seun help out too

Bro they are too much.. Just check Seun's profile and view the topics he's created this year
Re: .... by Codedrock(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
felixomor:
Atheist converts,

They didn't come.
you mean?
Re: .... by Obadiah77(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Teleportation: The Key To Immortality. / Questions To Today's Christians On Repititions In Prayer / God Is Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.