Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? (1525 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
Am not a atheist though and this is question for the atheist and I will be glad if it is been answered.

Where will atheist get married??. Is it the church, mosque or shrine cause you might definitely want do a wedding that will be appreciated by all but me thinking about you standing in front of the servant of whom you do not believe in especially in especially if u get married to a religious person.

Will appreciate answers!

Cc:seun and atheist in the house
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by klassykute(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
bross I dn tink m b4 oo na court wedin em dey do
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
klassykute:
bross I dn tink m b4 oo na court wedin em dey do
Cmon everyone does court wedding but its the main wedding and the follow-come owambe that rocks dude...

1 Like

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
klassykute:
bross I dn tink m b4 oo na court wedding em dey do
Yep.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by amuokuko: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
^^ I knew he would be here to answer..

CEO Uwa Mmebi..
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
Seun:

Yep.
Yo that's going to be like the most boring wedding ever especially if the girl you fell in love with and want to marry is from a religious home. True life story

1 Like

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
What sort of retarde.d question is this

How does marrying in a place of worship signify adherence or belief in that particular religion

And what the f++k is wrong with a court wedding undecided

Not that I plan to marry though.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Being an atheist doesn't mean you hate everything associated with religion by default.
There are atheist that still go to church, celebrate Christmas, easter doesn't matter.
It could be in a church or mosque or shrine or court house. Though the vows might need some adjustment if need be.

1 Like

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
SirWere:
What sort of retarde.d question is this

How does marrying in a place of worship signify adherence or belief in that particular religion

And what the f++k is wrong with a court wedding undecided

Not that I plan to marry though.
Easy bro I aint using vulgar words against anyone and its just a question not a war zone. So you saying you can do it which plainly contradicts your belief? Wow

1 Like

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lennycool:
Being an atheist doesn't mean you hate everything associated with religion by default.
There are atheist that still go to church, celebrate Christmas, easter doesn't matter.
It could be in a church or mosque or shrine or court house. Though the vows might need some adjustment if need be.
Hmmm change the vows yea...
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Easy bro I aint using vulgar words against anyone and its just a question not a war zone. So you saying you can do it which plainly contradicts your belief? Wow

*sighs*
First off, I'll like to apologize for the vulgar words. I have been a little on the edge lately; and it's showing in my posts; unfortunately.

Yes, I can marry inside a church.

What do you mean by "contradict my belief"??

I have nothing against religion.

I celebrate christmas and easter.

I chop ileya meat and christmas chicken judiciously cheesy

How's marrying in a church any different

What if I marry a christian and she insists on church wedding

Once again; I apologize for the harsh words.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Hmmm change the vows yea...
You can not add "GOD" if you please
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Seun(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Yo that's going to be like the most boring wedding ever especially if the girl you fell in love with and want to marry is from a religious home. True life story
The court part can be made very short. Just say a few words and sign the papers. Then you go to an event center for the main party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Seun(m): 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Come to think of it, I know someone who had her entire wedding in a hotel. I don't know when they signed the registry. An atheist can do this.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
Seun:
Come to think of it, I know someone who had her entire wedding in a hotel. I don't know when they signed the registry. An atheist can do this.
A full wedding in a church wow maybe I can suggest it to my friend cause 80% of my friends are atheist cause I love their humility and thinking?
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Acidosis(m): 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
So atheist believe in wedding? Interesting.

How do they arrive at the coming together of a man and a woman?

Shouldn't a male atheist marry 10 women at the same time? How do atheists arrive at the need for a man to get married to one woman?

So a man can steal some portion of God's commandments and still claim ignorant of God's existence? Interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by taurus25(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
coolbreezy01:
It doesnt contradict anything, an atheist can marry in church, it doesnt automatically make them believers. Many christains these days dont attend church, does it make them atheists?

Questons like this come as a result of the belief that all atheists are hostile to everything religious, this is not entirely the case. Personally
i see no issues with me having a church wedding, although all the churchy joining and godly whatever would be formalities to me kiss

Believe it or not you may have encountered countless number of atheists in your life which you'd have no idea were atheists. Atheism is not really a thing, its just not believing in any god.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by taurus25(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Acidosis:

Shouldn't a male atheist marry 10 women at the same time? How do atheists arrive at the need for a man to get married to one woman?

So a man can steal some portion of God's commandments and still claim ignorant of God's existence? Interesting.

Wow men, wow shocked ..... im speechless
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
taurus25:

It doesnt contradict anything, an atheist can marry in church, it doesnt automatically make them believers. Many christains these days dont attend church, does it make them atheists?

Questons like this come as a result of the belief that all atheists are hostile to everything religious, this is not entirely the case. Personally
i see no issues with me having a church wedding, although all the churchy joining and godly whatever would be formalities to me kiss

Believe it or not you may have encountered countless number of atheists in your life which you'd have no idea were atheists. Atheism is not really a thing, its just not believing in any god.

Like my last post most of my friends are atheist and people sometimes think am an atheist(which am not) and you saying its not a good thing muist have a reason cause that's not what atheist thinks cause some say its like being free from a deadly disease affecting you for a long time that has no cure
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by coolbreezy01: 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
Acidosis:

Hmmm
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Kalatium(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Naija dey look atheist with suprise

1 Like

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Acidosis:

Your ignorance befuddles me.

Are you trying to act dumb or are you really like this
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by hopefulLandlord: 12:06am On Nov 23, 2016
Acidosis:

ha!

where do I even start?

1 Like

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by UyiIredi(m): 12:55am On Nov 23, 2016
coolbreezy01:
Am not a atheist though and this is question for the atheist and I will be glad if it is been answered.

Where will atheist get married??. Is it the church, mosque or shrine cause you might definitely want do a wedding that will be appreciated by all but me thinking about you standing in front of the servant of whom you do not believe in especially in especially if u get married to a religious person.

Will appreciate answers!

Cc:seun and atheist in the house

In the courts undecided
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by felixomor: 7:10am On Nov 23, 2016
Acidosis:

Lolllllz,
Abi o?

1 Like

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by felixomor: 7:24am On Nov 23, 2016
So atheists want to marry?

Na wa o.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by promise10: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2016
coolbreezy01:
not just boring, it's super boring.

you see why everything about atheism is boring.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2016
Acidosis:

And when they insult you. You'll complain.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by DeSepiero(m): 8:39am On Nov 23, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

ha!

where do I even start?
That was the dumbest post in this thread.
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by jonbellion(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2016
Acidosis:

Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by jonbellion(m): 9:39am On Nov 23, 2016
SirWere:

Your ignorance befuddles me.

Are you trying to act dumb or are you really like this
i think he is. This is the stupidest thing I've heard this month
Re: Where Would Atheist Get Married;is It The Church, Mosque Or Maybe Shrine??? by oaroloye(m): 10:35am On Nov 23, 2016
Courts of course.

Captains on ships at sea traditionally had the authority to perform marriage ceremonies for their passengers and (I assume,) crew.

In LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, ELVIS PRESLEY impersonators perform marriages.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celestial Church Of Christ - Green Water / Are You Religious? ( A Simple Test ) - Paul Ellis / Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.