Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads (1067 Views)

Fashola Inspects Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by saintmark88(m): 5:12am On Nov 23, 2016
By Anayo Okoli

UMUAHIA—RELIEF appears on the way for motorists and commuters plying the Enugu-Onitsha and Enugu-Port Harcourt express roads, as the Federal Government has mobilized contractors to return to sites to rehabilitate the roads that have been death trap for sometime.

Work on the Enugu-Onitsha highway was abandoned over 10 years ago. It will be recalled that eminent citizens from the south east, traditional rulers among others have decried the deplorable condition of the ever busy road that links people from the Northern states to the commercial city of Onitsha to no avail. Also, remedial works were done on a portion of one lane on the Enugu-Okigwe-Umuahia-Port Harcourt road, between Okigwe and Umuahia, before it was abandoned early in the year.

But recently, contactors were seen mobilizing their equipment back to their sites at the 9th Mile end of the Enugu-Onitsha road and on the Enugu-Port Harcourt highway. On the Enugu-Port Harcourt road, two contractors have mobilized for work. One of the contractors have commenced clearing the maiden from Awgu axis of Enugu down to Isiagu Junction and Abia State boundary which was overgrown by weeds.

It was also observed that the firm has secured and cleared a huge space after Mpu junction and putting structures as camp for its workers and equipment. The contractor, it was gathered, is rehabilitating the Enugu to Abia State boundary axis of the road. At the Abia State portion, beginning from Lokpanta in Umunneochi council of area, another contractor, was seen on site filling the dangerous potholes at the Lokpanta Cattle Market which had been a nightmare for the road users. The contractor has commenced tarring of the other lane from the Okigwe-Umuahia axis, having completed one lane earlier before it pulled out its men and equipment from site. “We thank God that they have remembered the area again. If you know what we spend to maintain our vehicles, you have pity on us. Whatever amount you make goes back to the maintenance of the vehicle”, a commercial motorist, who gave his name as Ekenna said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/fg-moves-rehabilitate-enugu-onitsha-enugu-port-harcourt-express-roads/

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:15am On Nov 23, 2016
[size=15pt]FG Moves To.....[/size]

Please don't hesitate to wake me up when it has become Present Happening Tense

Future Administration
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by RAFIC(m): 5:20am On Nov 23, 2016
Why are there no pictures to support this claim?

Or is it just MEDIA ATTENTION

Good move tho...... if true

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by saintmark88(m): 5:23am On Nov 23, 2016
U guys should read the article now bfre u start commenting..... Contractors are already on site working going by the what the article revealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by blackpanda: 5:27am On Nov 23, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Future Administration

Must u be negative??
Doubting thomas, try to read the article before commenting. The contractors have already been mobilized back to site!

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by PeaceOut(m): 5:34am On Nov 23, 2016
blackpanda:

Must u be negative??
Doubting thomas, try to read the article before commenting. The contractors have already been mobilized back to site!

They want the world to believe that Buhari hated the South East, so they deny any projects the administration is doing in their region just to keep the pathetic lie going.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BrutalJab: 5:35am On Nov 23, 2016
They should build lands untop air self. No vote is going to them
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:41am On Nov 23, 2016
saintmark88:
U guys should read the article now bfre u start commenting..... Contractors are already on site working going by the what the article revealed

https://www.nairaland.com/3466787/obiano-begins-rehabilitation-enugu-onitsha-express

Don't be deceived by this media government, is this not how they tried to deceive the masses sometime ago how Buhari/Fashola has rehabilitated many roads in Anambra whereas we the indigenes knew that those roads where constructed by the state government.

Governor Obiano has commenced work on that road sometime ago

1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:43am On Nov 23, 2016
blackpanda:

Must u be negative??
Contractors on the site the state government has commenced work on?? Please try another line, everybody ain't a zombie..

Take a look at the above pictures
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:48am On Nov 23, 2016
PeaceOut:

They want the world to believe that Buhari hated the South East, so they deny any projects the administration is doing in their region just to keep the pathetic lie going.
Something On The Wrist Doesn't Require A Microscope To Look At It - An Adage

Please can you show us the projects been done by Buhari??
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by mamaafrik(m): 5:49am On Nov 23, 2016
saintmark88:
u dey mind dose neigher,just open mouth like kirikiri maximum gate,go school,dey wont.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by PeaceOut(m): 5:50am On Nov 23, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Something On The Wrist Doesn't Require A Microscope To Look At It - An Adage

Please can you show us the projects been done by Buhari??

Please go the places mentioned in the article. Thank you
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:55am On Nov 23, 2016
PeaceOut:

Please go the places mentioned in the article. Thank you
You are trying to tell me to go places, a road that I ply almost every week?? Kai!! These guys can be funny at times..

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by estyvino(m): 5:57am On Nov 23, 2016
WIP
Accountant understand better
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by PeaceOut(m): 6:00am On Nov 23, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
You are trying to tell me to go places, a road that I ply to almost every week?? Kai!! These guys can be funny at times..

The same federal government said it's started the reconstruction and expansion of Lagos-ibadan express way on the west, it wasn't a propaganda because it true. Now same federal government is saying contractors has been mobilized back to site you said it propaganda.

Now you want me to believe you over the government? Sorry bro my opinion still stand.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:09am On Nov 23, 2016
PeaceOut:

The same federal government said it's started the reconstruction and expansion of Lagos-ibadan express way on the west, it wasn't a propaganda because it true. Now same federal government is saying contractors has been mobilized back to site you said it propaganda.

Now you want me to believe you over the government? Sorry bro my opinion still stand.
I didn't ask for much, all I asked is for you to just show me with viable facts where the FG is doing the job you presumed not changing goal post in the middle of the match. I proved you wrong by showing you pictures of the road been rehabilited by the state government, do me other wise..

I could remember how a mod posted a road that was constructed by the state government 2,3,4years back claiming that the FG constructed the road.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by yjgm(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2016
FG and APC working.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Its about time ooh, finally this govt is actually moving to do something
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:33am On Nov 23, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
I didn't ask for much, all I asked is for you to just show me with viable facts where the FG is doing the job you presumed not changing goal post in the middle of the match. I proved you wrong by showing you pictures of the road been rehabilited by the state government, do me other wise..

I could remember how a mod posted a road that was constructed by the state government 2,3,4years back claiming that the FG constructed the road.

Don't mind those people, I even wondered where that mod dragged those pix from.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 23, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.nairaland.com/3466787/obiano-begins-rehabilitation-enugu-onitsha-express

Don't be deceived by this media government, is this not how they tried to deceive the masses sometime ago how Buhari/Fashola has rehabilitated many roads in Anambra whereas we the indigenes knew that those roads where constructed by the state government.

Governor Obiano has commenced work on that road sometime ago

The picture you shared is Umunya axis which I learnt is being rehabilitated by the state govt.

However, there's another portion of the road starting from RCC down to ekochin(not sure of spelling)/9th mile that's currently being worked upon by RCC.

I think that's where the article is referring to.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by blackpanda: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Contractors on the site the state government has commenced work on?? Please try another line, everybody ain't a zombie..

Take a look at the above pictures

Your lies and negative attitude will only keep you backwards. Nigeria is moving forward!

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:

Don't mind those people, I even wondered where that mod dragged those pix from.
Those guys are just funny I swear..
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:16am On Nov 23, 2016
blackpanda:

Your lies and negative attitude will only keep you backwards. Nigeria is moving forward!
There are people you can't deceive in this life....

1. God

2. Devil. And,

3. Yourself..

Keep On Deceiving Yourself
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by Funlordjnr: 7:41am On Nov 23, 2016
grin
BeeBeeOoh:

Future Administration

Wailer election don finish since! Stop crying and kiss the truth about your regions progress!

This look no fit you again...

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

Wailer election don finish since! Stop crying and kiss the truth about your regions progress!

This look no fit you again...
Zombie! Thank God I can still see beyond my nostrils & my sense of reasoning is still intact..

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha, Enugu-port Harcourt Express Roads by alezzy13: 7:52am On Nov 23, 2016
Work had definitely started between 9th mile and Amansea. I passed there just a few days ago. Its only the incorrigibly mischievous that would claim otherwise.

The real issue is who is actually responsible? I was told it was Enugu govt, not FG.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands / Please Describe The Nigeria You Want To See. Solution Providers Only / *breaking!!*new World Record**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.