Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands (1067 Views)

2019: Buhari May Pick Tinubu As VP / Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands / PMB Has Done More In 1yr Than Our Son, GEJ in 6yrs- Concerned Niger Delta Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Islie: 6:03am On Nov 27, 2016
OLALEKAN ADETAYO

President Muhammadu Buhari may not act on the 16-point demand presented to him by elders of the Niger Delta until militants stop vandalising oil installations in the region, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

Stakeholders from the region under the aegis of Pan Niger Delta Forum had, at a meeting with Buhari on November 1, presented 16 points that they claimed could help the Federal Government to achieve “quick wins” in the region.

The Amanyanabo of Twon Brass, Bayelsa State, King Alfred Diete-Spiff, presented the demands contained in a 10-page document, which included “inclusive participation in the oil industry and ownership of oil blocs.”

Buhari was said to have promised the delegation at the meeting, held behind closed doors inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja, that he would study their demands.

But a source in the Presidency told our correspondent on Saturday that the President might not act on the demands except the leaders succeed in restoring normalcy in the region.

“You will recall that a day after the President met with the Niger Delta delegation, there was bombing in the region. That caused a major setback for the dialogue. I can tell you that President Buhari may not act on the demands except violence stops completely in the region,” the source said.

It was also learnt that in negotiating for peace in the region, the Federal Government would not yield to pressure to drop corruption charges against an ex-militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina,  confirmed that Buhari would not stop the trial of any person who was found culpable in any case.

He said, “It is not in the character of this administration to stop those who have questions to answer from answering such questions. Those who do not have any question to answer also have nothing to fear under this administration,” Adesina said.

http://punchng.com/buhari-may-ignore-niger-delta-elders-demands/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by sarrki(m): 6:08am On Nov 27, 2016
Baba we want you

I mean we the patriotic citizens

Wants you to be a listening president

We know you have good intentions for our dear country

God bless Mr president

God bless federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:09am On Nov 27, 2016
That one na him palava..... no free oyel

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:12am On Nov 27, 2016
Why would he even comply with leaders that are out of touch with their people. The youths represent the land of the rising sun but the self-acclaimed leaders represent, well, themselves and the continuation of Western banks exploiting African people via Fulani and their substitute Yoruba hegemony.

Like the Jigawa governor said: Oil in Baylesa belongs to the people of Jigawa lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6GGPu286U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by kokosin: 6:14am On Nov 27, 2016
buhari be careful....

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by richidinho(m): 6:14am On Nov 27, 2016
grin
No free oyel even in freetown

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 27, 2016
Don't listen naw, na so the bombing go continue, gradually your government will cripple. Congrats on successfully rigging Edo & Ond elections too.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Zendinho(m): 6:44am On Nov 27, 2016
GEJ must be a prophet.
Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by feldido(m): 7:17am On Nov 27, 2016
Na him own Palava
Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by prince9851(m): 7:18am On Nov 27, 2016
m
Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by maclatunji: 8:11am On Nov 27, 2016
Because the people or is it the 'leaders' of the NigerDelta have reduced themselves to saboteurs, vandals and other sorts of criminals does not mean the federal government will pander to their rogue demands and threats.

We voted President Buhari to deal decisively with this kind of criminality not succumb to it.

The earlier NigerDelta leaders understand that criminality will only reduce their region to a wasteland with self-inflicted oil spills and justified military action, the better for them.

Every region of Nigeria adds to its continued growth and existence in one form or the other and no region will be allowed to blackmail the country.

Let me guess? You will blow more pipelines? By the time you see that the world has moved on to better things, it will be too late. You will then turn on yourselves because nobody has time for your primordial sentiments and criminality.

Let reasonable and good people among you act to save you from yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Funlordjnr: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2016
undecided
Zendinho:
GEJ must be a prophet.

Prophet of doom?
Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by banki(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:
Don't listen naw, na so the bombing go continue, gradually your government will cripple. Congrats on successfully rigging Edo & Ond elections too.

Sad looser
All you think of is politics...
Keep bombing pipelines then come back and shout recession blah blah your own people are dying of starvation and degradation...not buhari
Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Zendinho(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2016
[quote author=Funlordjnr post=51412152] undecided

Prophet of doom?[/quote

This is how idiots like u put themselves into unending doom.....
Wetin concern u wt who b ma prophet?.....
May b ur destiny is doomed if not u'l nt poke nose into my freedom of speech...
Afonja...
Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Funlordjnr: 9:31am On Nov 27, 2016
[quote author=Zendinho post=51412937][/quote]

You have always been _stupid so I'm not even suprised at your rabid dog like reaction to my post, it's ingrained in your d.n.a!

Your so foolish that even as an adult I'm sure your parents still show you how to breathe! Anyway it's normal, foolish behaviour is the destiny of an award winning, ugwu munching, drug peddling, oblong headed, dull, savage pederast such as yourself!

Anuofia!

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Zendinho(m): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
Funlordjnr:

You have always been _stupid so I'm not even suprised at your rabid dog like reaction to my post, it's ingrained in your d.n.a!

Your so foolish that even as an adult I'm sure your parents still show you how to breathe! Anyway it's normal, foolish behaviour is the destiny of an award winning, ugwu munching, drug peddling, oblong headed, dull, savage pederast such as yourself!

Anuofia!

The only person i blame is ur ORIGINATOR....cos ONLY, i repeat only #50 cd would hv done the needful.

If u'r d best BEST FOOL ur community have ever produce can u quote me?
Re: Buhari May Ignore Niger Delta Elders’ Demands by Funlordjnr: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
Zendinho:

The only person i blame is ur ORIGINATOR....cos ONLY, i repeat only #50 cd would hv done the needful.

If u'r d best BEST FOOL ur community have ever produce can u quote me?
cheesy

E pain am!

Stop crying ewu......lmfao!!!

(1) (Reply)

Please Describe The Nigeria You Want To See. Solution Providers Only / *breaking!!*new World Record** / Buhari Suspends Corporate Governance Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.