Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads (17832 Views)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway / FG Moves To Cut Power Utilisation By 85% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by Sweno26(m): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
Osyabj:
Unbelieveable!! What the ineffective bufoon, First Executive Nigerian leader from Eastern Region, since after the Civil war, GEJ, could not do in 6 Years, an honest President Buhari, from far away Katsina is now doing within a year and half in office.

Shame on all wailers from the Eastern Region who think the patently corrupt pdp speakes for the Easterners.
Rehabilitation co rehabilitation ni hahahaha i must say that FG is making all atempts they can so that the IGBOS will not leave naija but that will not work because it is too late for them. kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by Rhea(f): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
Build another road. Rehabilitate is akin to patching pot holes. That road was built in the 70s. It is time to build another one
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by hannyjay(f): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
Cjrane2:

Truth is that it is the Anambra and Enugu STATE GOVERNMENTS that are doing palliative Work in the roads for the yultide rush

NOT FG OR DAURA DULLLARD
mu...mu
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
aroti:

When your ineffectual buffoon son was in charge of your 'Oyel money' for 6 years when a barrel of crude was selling for over $100, what did he do for you his brothers and sister in the SS and SE?
Was he elected for SS and South East only! nut head.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by obailala(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
Icecomrade:

Am from Abia state, looks like you know nothing about that road. The links below should help

https://www.nairaland.com/2187228/pictures-reconstruction-enugu-port-harcourt-express

https://www.nairaland.com/2187228/pictures-reconstruction-enugu-port-harcourt-express

After reading these you will know how wrong you ve been.

You don't need to appease this useless government by making reference GEJ each time someone raises a valid issue.

Bro, the only question I ask you is, how much did he (GEJ) actually pay to the contractors?.. and if indeed he really paid substantial money to those contractors, why then did the contractors stop work immediately after elections?

It's not enough to share N10 million mobilisation fee each to several contractors for several projects around the country whose costs are in the realm of billions all in the bid to get the trucks of the contractors to site, take pictures and then use same for election campaigns. The pictures in those links you posted above were taken in March 2015, less than 1 month to the general elections then. I'm sure you know exactly what i'm talking about even though you may bluntly refuse to agree for sentimental reasons.

If there is anything we all know, after May 29th 2015, Buhari did not run around the country asking contractors to bring back the moneys GEJ's government had given to them for road construction. It is not a hidden fact that next to nothing was budgeted for the ministry of Works in the 2015 budget and this lack of payment is what forced several contractors to abandon site (even as political jobbers dubiously used that opportunity to blame it on 'incoming' government).

I know you hate Buhari so much and love GEJ so much but please let's be rational in apportioning blames here, GEJ only used those roads as election bait, if he was serious about fixing them, he would have done so early enough.

Meanwhile you claimed that I always make reference to GEJ, please i'm confused here cos you were the one who mentioned GEJ's name and falsely claimed he made payments for projects but Buhari came in and stopped the projects.

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by erico2k2(m): 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
Osyabj:

Well I hate to break it to you, the fake creation called SS does not and has NEVER existed anywhere in the Nigerian Constitution or recognized by any law in Nigeria.

The same way we can say the Northern or Southern Nigeria today in November 2016, despite the fact that they have both ceased to exist as legal entities, we will say Eastern Region which was a legal entitty and remains as one of the most demographically homogenous Region in Nigeria, with 99.99% of its indigenes as Christians, have virtually identical languages, customs, and have intermarried for thousands of years!!!

However, Eastern Region remains an Authentic Region fully recognized by Nigeria Government and laws from 1954 to 1967, until Britain and their puppet, Gowan decided to divide and conquer the Eastern Regions Oil and to forstall the break away of Biafra, right before the Biafra/British Civil War.

In fact, the threat by British poodle, Gowan, to break up the Eastern Region into 3 states was in part one of the reasons why the Eastern Region declared the Republic of Biafra.

Today, you have a fake, non-legally recognized fake creation called SS and SE, Yet the shameless creators of this fake illegal entity called SS puts the Eastern most part of Nigeriam Cross River State into fake South South? No other place on Earth can anyone use the word South South or East East, North North or West West. You got it
from where did you get this Idea that SS was created?
the Idea of SS,SW,NE,N,W,E etc are just geographical jagoons to mark certain areas of a country.I do not k now why you are so fixated on this issue.Was there any area on Earth called Delta in Nigeria in 1970?
or did you also have a region called NE during the 70s?
Plz ur argument holds no water.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
obailala:
Bro, the only question I ask you is, how much did he (GEJ) actually pay to the contractors?.. and if indeed he really paid substantial money to those contractors, why then did the contractors stop work immediately after elections?

It's not enough to share N10 million mobilisation fee each to several contractors for several projects around the country whose costs are in the realm of billions all in the bid to get the trucks of the contractors to site, take pictures and then use same for election campaigns. The pictures in those links you posted above were taken in March 2015, less than 1 month to the general elections then. I'm sure you know exactly what i'm talking about even though you may bluntly refuse to agree for sentimental reasons.

If there is anything we all know, after May 29th 2015, Buhari did not run around the country asking contractors to bring back the moneys GEJ's government had given to them for road construction. It is not a hidden fact that next to nothing was budgeted for the ministry of Works in the 2015 budget and this lack of payment is what forced several contractors to abandon site (even as political jobbers dubiously used that opportunity to blame it on 'incoming' government).

I know you hate Buhari so much and love GEJ so much but please let's be rational in apportioning blames here, GEJ only used those roads as election bait, if he was serious about fixing them, he would have done so early enough.

Meanwhile you claimed that I always make reference to GEJ, please i'm confused here cos you were the one who mentioned GEJ's name and falsely claimed he made payments for projects but Buhari came in and stopped the projects.
Bro as much as had been said, let us calm down and see waht happens next,the FG are well known for all talk no action this is inclusive for every o ne of them since 1960.I like teh idea of what we use to have in Delta state.Direct labor Agency.No contracts.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by obailala(m): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
erico2k2:

Bro as much as had been said, let us calm down and see waht happens next,the FG are well known for all talk no action this is inclusive for every o ne of them since 1960.I like teh idea of what we use to have in Delta state.Direct labor Agency.No contracts.
Of course na sidon look we dey, looking at them on 3d to see what they can achieve; almost 2 years already gone and we yet to see anything completed.... But then, it becomes annoying when some people start peddling weird stories of the past admin which should have been forgotten already; how some people still have the face to extol them everyday even in the face of their glaring failures in terms of infrastructural projects (like these all important roads) still beats my imagination.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by Icecomrade: 3:47am On Nov 24, 2016
obailala:

You don't expect me to know how much they were paid.

Government pays mobilisation fees on contracts, subsequent payments are made as the work progresses.

To say these pictures were taken few months before elections is to show how limited your knowledge is about these areas.

I ply that route and I can tell you alot of work was done on that road.

Road dilapidate over periods of time.

If what will give you satisfaction is that GEJ did not work on the road, enjoy your illusion.

If Buhari is your Nigeria Champion, enjoy your illusion.

I ve educated you enough.

Take what you want.

Chapter closed.
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by obailala(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2016
Icecomrade:

You don't expect me to know how much they were paid.

Government pays mobilisation fees on contracts, subsequent payments are made as the work progresses.

To say these pictures were taken few months before elections is to show how limited your knowledge is about these areas.

I ply that route and I can tell you alot of work was done on that road.

Road dilapidate over periods of time.

If what will give you satisfaction is that GEJ did not work on the road, enjoy your illusion.

If Buhari is your Nigeria Champion, enjoy your illusion.

I ve educated you enough.

Take what you want.

Chapter closed.

I am a Nigerian who has a fair understanding of how things have worked at least in the past 3 decades of my existence and I can tell you categorically that you have educated me on nothing. Being a Nigerian, I know that what matters is seeing the job done on ground, not on paper. Your love for GEJ and your hate for Buhari seems to be muddling your knowledge of how things work in the country.

The very simple point is that GEJ did not fix the road any better than OBJ or Yaradua who were b4 him did, so I am yet to see any reason why GEJ should get any praise better than those b4 him who also ACTED like they wanted to fix the roads, but ended up leaving office with the roads still being the age long mess.

Now the present govt has resumed the same old trend but we are watching. I wouldn't come out to start praising anyone yet until I see substantial/tangible progress on the roads. Have a good day!

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by obailala(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Is there any link/proof to buttress the fact that less than N20b was budgeted for roads in 2015. The figure is unbelievable small.
2015 was declared a year of austerity / standstill and pay only worker salaries. It's sad that till date, a lot of people ignorantly put the blame on Buhari for contractors abandoning site for lack of funds in 2015.

https://www.nairaland.com/2188155/fg-slashes-works-ministrys-budget
http://yourbudgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2015-Publication-BUGET.pdf

Meanwhile in 2014, less than N50bn was released to the Ministry of Works for capital projects, but somehow, people still find a way of blaming PMB for the hundreds of abandoned projects that litter the nation.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/03/2015-budget-why-federal-ministry-of-works-will-perform-poorly/
Re: FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads by tit(f): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
thunder should fire buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Atiku Bagudu Visits Sugar Cane Farmers In Kebbi (Photos) / Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics / INEC Registers Democratic People’s Congress (DPC) As New Political Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.