Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

#njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready (2893 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Yewande Omotoso & Ayobami Adebayo Nominated Baileys Women’s Prize For Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Divepen1(m): 7:51am On Nov 23, 2016
​Last month, October 23rd I organized a writing competition of dedication. Where writers are expected to reach an expected word count. And the promised Prizes would to be won were Ebooks I did..
But the next one will be great. It has a large amount of money involved.
It's starting January.
Writers start making the plans oo.
Here's a link to the last one which was organised on Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/3418410/nlwriters-competition-dedication-month-1
The prizes
1.one of such is having any of your story on
Okadabooks for weeks( This cost 7500 normally)
2. Your story on Okadabook will be updated to it's 100k readers this cost (7500 normally)
3. Of those that Join the competition there would be 100k for the best story- readers' choice.
But if you reach the expected word count.

Sponsor: Okadabooks.com
You can also sponsor in any of the following ways.
1. Editors can give discount on their services for certain word counts
2. Business organizations can give out their products
3. Money
4. You can offer any services for free.
To sponsor the event contact: Akíntayo Akínjídé (Divepen) 08183323098
Akintayoakinjide0@gmail.com
Thanks.

Tag
Seun
Lalalasticlala/ lalasticlala
Obinau
Lleigh
Horlorlahdaey
bibijay123
illicit
Leriebloom
fifaknuel

https://olofoforeview./2016/11/23/njawrites-prize-of-dedication-get-ready/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Divepen1(m): 7:55am On Nov 23, 2016
By the way.. Mr. Seun Osewa, I sent mods to you as I couldn't get to you. I hope they didn't just discard it as a junk.
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Lleigh(f): 8:13am On Nov 23, 2016
Count me in.....

**** as she goes into the dark room to talk to her new characters *****

The nairaland literature section will explode come January.
Idea to Mr Seun or the mods...you should put each entrant on the front page different days of the month.
A lot of people like to read online and I bet nairaland will get phenomenal traffic.
Just a suggestion smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Divepen1(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2016
Lleigh:
Count me in.....

**** as she goes into the dark room to talk to her new characters *****

The nairaland literature section will explode come January.
Idea to Mr Seun or the mods...you should put each entrant on the front page different days of the month.
A lot of people like to read online and I bet nairaland will get phenomenal traffic.
Just a suggestion smiley
Hmm.
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
Divepen1 am kinda new here but come January am gonna blow your minds
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Divepen1(m): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
greg42:
Divepen1 am kinda new here but come January am gonna blow your minds
I'll say you so.

1 Like

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Akposb(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
It just happens to coincide with the time I was planning of posting my story. I hope to be part of it.
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by fikfaknuel(f): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
Wow.
Many times i'm mentioned. Many times I don't see the mention because my name is wrongly spelt.
Perhaps if I explain the idea behind the Moniker?
FIK represents FICTION
FAK represents FACT
NUEL is from my name EMMANUEL

To this info, really, really nice one. Seems like it's sponspored by Okadabooks. I'm ready. But I have a concern. I just hope that they don't force us to canvass for votes. I'm not a fan of that. That exploits artistic ingenuity and not everyone wins, but traffic is drawn to their site. Also, the best story doesn't win.

Seasoned judges should be used.

If that be the case, I'm definitelly in.

Kudos to Okadabooks for the nice initiative. And uhmm, Divepen1, i'm thinking that we, NL writers should do an anthology of short stories and put it up for sale, or free.

2 Likes

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Horlorlardaey: 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
who do i always miss the mentions??

wrong moniker!!

HORLORLARDAEY IS MOI MONIKER!!!!

ANYWAYS I'M IN

LEMME FINISH MY OLD WORK FIRST

JANUARY ....... LOADING

1 Like

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
January should come fast cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
Av started putting a story together on my laptop.....Don't leave me out you guys plssssss
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by ritababe(f): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
okay oh
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hmm... Definitely looking forward to this.
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Steelheart(m): 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Can we stat now?
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Divepen1(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Steelheart:
Can we stat now?
If you'll sponse us why not?
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Nancydearie(f): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
Prettyspicey, you are needed here.
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by omakae: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
Looking forward to this
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by JIYABOI: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Divepen1:
By the way.. Mr. Seun Osewa, I sent mods to you as I couldn't get to you.
I hope they didn't just discard it as a junk.
omakae:
Looking forward to this
JUST PASSING
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Divepen1(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks to the mod, Obinau for helping in every way he can. God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Lleigh(f): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
What date in January will this start divepen
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Divepen1(m): 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Lleigh:
What date in January will this start divepen
January 15

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by JoeBlocks(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Divepen1:
By the way.. Mr. Seun Osewa, I sent mods to you as I couldn't get to you.
I hope they didn't just discard it as a junk.
You'd be surprised.
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Martin2468: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
How long does a story stay in okadabooks b4 it is removed?
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by DASMOG(m): 12:26am On Dec 10, 2016
Differences 1
The conversation between Segun and Nneka that morning was bound for disaster. As soon as he raised the issue, he knew she was going to flare up but he refused to let that deter him. As far as he was concerned she was being irrational. Ever since he first raised the matter two weeks ago, she had consistently refused to listen to the voice of reason from him or her parents who he had resorted to reporting her to. "Segun, let me say it again as I have said so many times before, it will not happen. You will not bring her to this house. This is my home and I have a right to decide who comes here, Nneka said" "Madam, nobody said it's not your house but it's her house too and you both are equally important to me. No one is more important than the other so you better start getting used to the idea of living with her". "Oga, you are a joker. This is the problem with you Yoruba men, your stubbornness is ridiculous," she retorted sarcastically. "So now it has to do with tribe abi. You are not seeing the fact that you are being unnecessarily intolerant, it's stubbornness you are seeing. Anyway, I am done with this conversation, Funsho is coming to stay in this house and you will accept it and be happy about it". He didn't wait for any further response before picking his car keys and leaving the house. Nneka stared at the door for a long time after he had gone and she felt her heart break. It felt so surreal that Segun could totally break her trust just two years after marriage. There was no part of their life together they did not discuss during courtship so for him to start making changes two years after marriage was indeed a betrayal as far as she was concerned. She slowly walked back to her bedroom and she thought back to everything that led to this day. She remembered her bestfriend vividly warning her and telling her this day will come and she laughed as she placed a call to her best friend Toyin, to tell her that indeed the day has come.
As soon as Toyin picked the call, they sarcastically discussed the matter at hand. "Oluwatoyin the soothsayer, the future you predicted is here" Nneka said with sarcasm.
"Abeg which of my predictions have come to pass because you know me I always see the future in fact if I wanted to make money, I should b.

Go for part 2
hit the LIKE and SHARE below your COMMENTS and FEEDBACKS are very important
https://withsammy..co.ke/2016/12/differences-1.html?m=1
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by Leriebloom(f): 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Divepen i am still in oo
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by illicit(m): 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
ok, am in
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by repogirl(f): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hmm....This is tempting.... cheesy
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by EmperorKross(m): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
repogirl:
Hmm....This is tempting.... cheesy

Egbon eh kiss

Ser Divepen, make dem mention us if e start too ooh, dankie in advance.
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by amicable212(f): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
I am interested op. I hope there is no criteria for being selected?
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by MBush(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
lol cheesy cheesy

Oya na... lerrus wait till January cheesy cheesy

Winners should remember us ooo
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by obidirector(m): 3:14am On Jan 01, 2017
Hello guys, download my new tune via the link below:

https://www.datafilehost.com/d/180f0461
Re: #njawrites Prize For Dedication-get Ready by TiffanyJ(f): 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
Oga Divepen1 , why am I not surprise to see you here? Its been a while, how have you been sir?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Karma And Songs- Akíntayo Akínjídé / The Best Of Nairalands Assassination/action Story. / Do You Know Any Books Publishers That Sell Wholesale To Bookstores?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.