Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me (13609 Views)

Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please / Who Knows The Difference Between This 2 Tests, HVS And HVS/MCS? / Doctors/Nurses Help My Wife Analyze This Scan Result Abeg (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 9:24am On Nov 23, 2016
deleted
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by perfectcrown(f): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by chiomauzoechi(f): 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
lastguy:
Hello House,

Wife went to hospital(UCH, Ibadan) and was told to the some scan and result. after all was done, we were referred to an Gynaecologist at Gynae clinic but the consultant gave us an appointment(27/12/2016) which is too long. Can someone pls interprete this result to us and what is the solution?

SCAN
---------

L.M.P 25/10/2016

Normal, smooth-walled bladder. No debris
The uterus is bulky/normal sized
Uterus is 37mm AP
44mm TS
82mm LS
Fibrods : mm subserous, intramural fibroids in the ant. & post. wall, body of uterus and also in the fundus
Endometrium is normal
Ovaries : R 47 x 38 x 31mm = 28.8cc
L 41 x 24 x 27mm = 13.8 cc
Normal POD : No fluid collection

DIAGNOSIS : PCOD

TEST
----------

Nature of specimen : HUS, ECS
Investigation required : MCS

Laboratory report
---------------------
Gram (H&E) : Gram Positive cocci
Gram negative bacilli

Wet Prep(HVS) : No Trichomonas vaginalis or yeast cell seen

ECS : Chlamydia trichomatics rapid kit test - negative

Culture(H&E) : No pathogen isolated after 48hrs incubation

Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
perfectcrown:

I didn't see any comments from you
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
[quote author=chiomauzoechi post=51302019][/quote]

No comment from you ma. You only quoted
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by DocHMD: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
lastguy:

No comment from you ma. You only quoted

I run medical diagnostic center but before I comment on this result. I would like to know where the result emanated from-a private medical diagnotic centre or public.
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by nelszx: 1:15am On Nov 24, 2016
The laboratory part makes no sense at all. Where did you conduct such test it's looks quack to me cos I can't correlate the no growth and the Gram reports (GNP and GNB). Besides what is H and E doing in a Gram?

I think you just patronised a quack to be truthful to you cos they did NOTHING. They dn use you do jeun jeun, if POD is empty then there's no need for the lab test cos there's nothing to confirm.
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by nelszx: 1:21am On Nov 24, 2016
DocHMD:

I run medical diagnostic center but before I comment on this result. I would like to know where the result emanated from-a private medical diagnotic centre or public.

Don't be surprised it may be from all these mushroom hospitals that loves quacks
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 4:10am On Nov 24, 2016
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by ChelseaDr(m): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2016
Management of infertility requires time, patience and commitment from both the clients and their doctors.... therefore, I suggest you arm yourself with those qualities.

If they asked you to go for follow up in December, be patient till then so you go and discuss the results with the doctor that sent you for the test, and there you will also have opportunity to ask him/her ANY question(s) that may be bordering you.

Part of the commitment is financial commitment because most of the tests and treatments are expensive but by-and-large I do believe you will get the help you and your wife need. Cheers
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 9:49am On Nov 24, 2016
ChelseaDr:
Management of infertility requires time, patience and commitment from both the clients and their doctors.... therefore, I suggest you arm yourself with those qualities.

If they asked you to go for follow up in December, be patient till then so you go and discuss the results with the doctor that sent you for the test, and there you will also have opportunity to ask him/her ANY question(s) that may be bordering you.

Part of the commitment is financial commitment because most of the tests and treatments are expensive but by-and-large I do believe you will get the help you and your wife need. Cheers

Thanks for your contribution sir which I really appreciate. The problem I am presently having is that dec 27 is too far as I am heading out of the country dec 28 but we will sure visit the consultant on that dec 27 but my fear is that he shouldn't give us another appointment time and you know there is an lot of time between now and dec 27 and while is really getting worried
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by DocHMD: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2016
lastguy:
Hello docHMD and nelszx,

My wife is unable to get pregnant and tests already confirmed that I av oligospermia and my wife was also advised to do a test.

The scan was done by St Gregory diagnostic centre, total garden ibadan while the lab test was done at UCH Ibadan.

The former is a private centre while UCH is a federal teaching hospital.

Pls I need solutions/interpretation of the results. Pls help a brother

I doubt a well-trained sonogramer did that scan. I'm a Medical scientist by primary training, with international certificates in Ultrasonogramy, an M.sc and a professional doctorate in Hol med.

Let's start with the scan.

1.) A uterus can't be bulky and normal at the same time. Uterus that are bulky usually contains fibroid (myoma).

2.) There are subserous and intramural myomas in fundus, body of the uterus, anterior and posterior walls. Where are the measurements?

3.) I doubt the endometrium can be clearly visible with all these fibroids located almost all over the uterus.

4.) POD means Pouch of Douglas or Cul-de-sac. Once there is an infection there is always fluid collection therein.

5.) The conclusion says PCOD- Polycystic ovarian disease. It didn't mention the fibromyoma.

Now to the Medical Laboratory Report

1) HVS m/c/s means High Vaginal Swab microscopy/culture/sensitivity. ECS m/c/s means Endocervical smear
The microscopy of the HVS result revealed no yeast or Trichomonas infection. The gram stain revealed Gram negative cocci for Hvs and Gram negative bacilli for Endocervical smear.
Where these bacteria identified under the microscope normal flora? How come they didn't grow during cultivation? Or were they medically unimportant?

2.) I want to believe you may have ommited some of the results. Pus cells, Epithelial cells result are not given.

3.) If I were you I would discuss with the Scientist (Assuming he/she is a licensed MLS) who ran the test and signed the result. To crosscheck the result with their Lab information data.

4.) Assuming the lab results were rightly culture negative-No growth. The pelvic scan results should be brought to the fore. Your own Seminal fluid analysis m/c/s is also important to determine the contribution of the male factor to this case.

I hope I've been of help. Gracias.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 10:04am On Nov 24, 2016
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by nocosomia: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
lastguy:
H
The laboratory aspect of the result look normal (okay) except the errors which were likely due to typos while you were coping the results, I will suggest you upload a JPEG version of the result.

While the ultrasound is implying fibroid

Hope this helps?
Re: Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me by lastguy: 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
deleted

(1) (Reply)

Help My Husband! / Borno Discharges 135 COVID-19 Patients Today / I Need Help On How To Quit Marijuana Dependency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.