Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! (692 Views)

The Hypocrisy Of Tonye Barcanista On Ikwerre Vs Okrika On PHC. / Distribution Of Capital Project In 2016 Budget, Omokri Reacts: A Rejoinder / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Osyfellaini(f): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Few days ago, a thread titled "2019: 4 Valid Reasons Why Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso-Rock." made the front page. The article, written by Tonye Barcanista, made an interesting read and attracted many comments. Four reasons were adduced by the author to explain Atiku's ineligibility for the nation's top job. On the face value, these reasons sounded perfectly plausible, but on further probing, they're grossly erroneous. This made this rejoinder imperative to disabuse Nigerians who are being fed falsehoods by paid writers who seem to be on the loose these days. Below are the reasons stated by the author and my rebuttal.

1: LACK OF INTEGRITY.
The writer accused Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of grand scale corruption during his time as the Chairman of The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF). Unfortunately, the only evidence put forward by the writer to support his assertion was an indictment by the EFCC and a Presidential Committee. The writer deliberately feigned ignorance of the fact that in the build-up to the 2007 Presidential election, the EFCC became a handy tool for stifling Atiku's presidential aspirations. Atiku, who never hid his ambition to succeed his boss, was subjected to all sorts of smear campaign aimed at making him a villain before Nigerians. This culminated in fictitious corruption allegations. Obasanjo, Atiku's principal, had sought a third term in office through constitutional amendment but was stoutly resisted by patriotic forces led by Atiku.
Angered by Atiku's role in scuttling his third term bid, Obasanjo swore that Atiku would never succeed him. He, therefore, became the most vociferous critic of Atiku's presidential ambition. Despite the myriad of corruption allegations levelled against him, Atiku has not been found guilty by any competent court. In fact, two days ago, The United States Department For Justice said that it had no criminal case against Atiku. This was in response to the lie that Atiku is wanted in the US for financial crimes.

The writer also wondered how Atiku, who came from a humble background, became an extraordinary billionaire despite spending his productive years in the Nigerian Customs Service. It would interest the author to know that Atiku went straight into business immediately after he left the Nigerian Customs Service. As a man who has a knack for making money, he accumulated his wealth through dint of hard work. A little research on the internet would have saved the author this terrible gaffe.

2: TRIBAL SUPREMACISM
Tonye Barcanista accused Atiku of being a tribal supremacist because he was chosen by the Northern Political Leaders Forum as the Northern consensus candidate for the 2011 PDP presidential primary election. Again, Tonye deliberately ignored events that led to Atiku's emergence as the Northern consensus candidate for that election. After former President Obasanjo had completed his tenure in 2007, power shifted to the North when Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua was sworn in as President. It was an agreement between the North and the South to alternate power between each other every eight years. Unfortunately, Yar'adua died in the third year of his tenure. His vice, Goodluck Jonathan, was sworn in as his successor with the promise that he would abide by the gentleman's agreement between the North and the South by not seeking re-election in 2011. Jonathan, goaded by Obasanjo, broke this solemn promise and took part in the 2011 election. The North was miffed by this act of betrayal and came together through the Northern Political Leaders Forum to safeguard its interest. This led to the search for the most viable Northern politician that would challenge Jonathan for the PDP's presidential ticket. Atiku was found most worthy for that task and was chosen to vie with Jonathan for the ticket. How Tonye Barcanista expected Atiku to shut his ears to the call of his people to protect their interest, considering the dynamics of Nigerian politics, is quite puzzling.
Thankfully, Tonye acknowledged in his article that "We can only be patriotic, not detribalized." It is then a wonder that his assertion went contrary to the quoted statement.

There are few Nigeria politicians who are as patriotic and pan-Nigerian as Atiku is. He embraces all Nigerians regardless of their tribe or religion. His list of staff is as varied as the nation. What more, he is happily married to women from different parts of the country. One then wonders how more detribalized can one be?

3: INSINCERITY AND DECEPTION
Tony Barcanista's third reason for rejecting Atiku is insincerity and deception. He accused Atiku of patronizing the electorate with the viral picture that showed him drinking sachet water, pure water in local parlance. I was one of the people who condemned Atiku for such banal act. But I have since come to understand that the picture was taken in one of his water factories. Obviously, it was just a product testing. Isn't it applaud-able that Atiku, despite his busy schedule, still makes out time to ensure that his companies' products are safe for consumption? That is the businessman in Atiku, Tonye.
Also, Barcanista said Atiku's recent call for the restructuring of Nigeria was a deceptive act aimed at furthering his political ambition. Nothing could be further from the truth. The call only goes to show that Atiku is not rigid in his opinions and he is highly amenable to progressive ideas. Two qualities a leader of a plural state like Nigeria needs in good measure.

4: WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO OFFER THAT HE CAN'T SUGGEST TO INCUMBENTS.
Tonye, lastly, wondered what Atiku has to offer that he can't suggest to incumbents. As usual, Tonye was quick to forget that Atiku is an adult Nigerian who has the constitutional right to aspire to any elective office in the land. Also, he failed to understand that a man without ambitions is only fit for the grave. True, Atiku has been aiming at the nation's number one seat since 1993, the fact that his passion to lead this nation has not waned is an eloquent testimony to his belief in the inherent potentials of this country. It also clearly shows that his ambition is more than a fleeting desire to be the nation's number one citizen.

Lastly, there is no perfect human, but a perfect God. Atiku may have erred in many instances, it only goes to show that he is a mortal being who is vulnerable to mistakes. His ambition to lead this nation is an expression of his inalienable right to seek the mandate of his people. Whether he succeeds or fails is for the people to decide.
Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by GudluckIBB(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
Is this article promoting Atiku or are you the Atiku?

We are grappling with hunger in the land and somebody here is promoting Atiku

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Osyfellaini(f): 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
MY opinion and i am entitled to it. Thanks!
GudluckIBB:

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by FSBoperator: 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
Ignore TonyeBarcanista. He is desperately trying to appeal to the Tinubu camp ahead of 2019 and it is no news that Tinubu will be battling the deeply unpopular but powerful Buhari and also Atiku candidacies come 2019.

Tonye has seen that the swing region that will determine the outcome of th 2019 election will not be the SW but rather the SS.

Just as he abused his SS heritage to campaign against GEJ, he now sees an opportunity to use his SS identity to campaign against any candidate opposed to Tinubu's camp.

Ignore that hungry paid hack

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Nukualofa: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Give Tonye money and he will sing Reggae and Bkues for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Nukualofa: 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
GudluckIBB:

I'm standing with Atiku and i want you to tell me the politician that has the charisma and financial war chest to wrest this presidency from buhari

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by GudluckIBB(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
Nukualofa:
I'm standing with Atiku and i want you to tell me the politician that has the charisma and financial war chest to wrest this presidency from buhari

Atiku might be badder than Buhari

I can't deal
Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by ammyluv2002(f): 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
GudluckIBB:

I can't deal
Lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
There is one person thread I have sworn not to open talk more of reading because the person is a hypocrite, flip flop and a good for noting attention seaking cum protection seeking buffoon.

That person is Tonye bacanista.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Funlordjnr: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
grin
Osyfellaini:
MY opinion and i am entitled to it. Thanks!

Your opinion just like atikus presidential ambition belongs in a toilet!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Funlordjnr: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
FSBoperator:
Ignore TonyeBarcanista. He is desperately trying to appeal to the Tinubu camp ahead of 2019 and it is no news that Tinubu will be battling the deeply unpopular but powerful Buhari and also Atiku candidacies come 2019.

Tonye has seen that the swing region that will determine the outcome of th 2019 election will not be the SW but rather the SS.

And these your permutations were revealed to you by tinubu himself at your house last night I presume?

Abeg receive some sense for once even though that is a very difficult thing to achieve for an Ipob miscreant!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Osyfellaini(f): 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
Let us try him first
GudluckIBB:

I can't deal
Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
y are sttupid people shouting ATIKU upanda

ARE THEY MAD

WHO is the stupid ATIKU
Re: Rejoinder To Tonye Barcanista Falsehood! by Nukualofa: 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
GudluckIBB:

I can't deal
Give reasons

(1) (Reply)

Message To Igbos...can You Feel This? / Flood Takes Over Ketu Road (Photos) / Custom Handover Seized Military Hardware, Weaponry From USA To DSS (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.