Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? (25206 Views)

Level 8 Salary In Federal Ministries As At December 2017 / How Much Is A Good Salary In Nigeria? / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by enkienki(m): 10:49am On Nov 24, 2016
What? Listen to me young man. Millions have lost their jobs already within a very short space of time. If you think 80k is too small for you, then i bet you're on a long thing. You gotta start somewhere.
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by sniperr007(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2016
oloyemeji:
A friend of mine just got an offer of #80,000 salary, he is thinking if he should accept the Offer or not? Note: His highest qualification is OND Holder and he is a married man.of a truth the guy is an asset he is very skillful,they know his value maybe that is why he is contemplating,Mature and sincere advice,he need your advice.

It was never a good salary. But condition that made pple see it as an option but, bird at hand worth million in the bush
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Kaysalas(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Oocc:
I am a BSc holder with a second class upper. I don't have a job. My last job as a driver, came with a salary of about 30k. I worked hard and happily too, tho I lost it. Back to joblessness.

80k salary for OND qualification is very fantastic! Your friend is very lucky and favoured by God. He should grab it fast.

#I hope I'm not offending God, but I think he has favourites!
You are very right! God has favourites, and guess what i am His number 1 beloveth pikin... i dont know about you, just speaking for myself wink wink grin grin
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by iamultron: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2016
oloyemeji:
A friend of mine just got an offer of #80,000 salary, he is thinking if he should accept the Offer or not? Note: His highest qualification is OND Holder and he is a married man.of a truth the guy is an asset he is very skillful,they know his value maybe that is why he is contemplating,Mature and sincere advice,he need your advice.

I can't believe someone is asking this question. If he doesn't take the job. ..someone else will..would he prefer to stay @ home with his wife...he should take the job and work..jobs are hard to get dude...take the work and do u r tin..it's good to be aspire to earn more ..it's only natural to want to want to earn more ..u r likely to earn a pay rise when they see how good you are and the efforts you are putting in professionally...u can as well get a better offer in future for a better pay..but for the now..u better take that job..because it's beta 30k federal government is planning to pay npower workers..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by OShepherd: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2016
Av got a friend with ND & take home of around 80K, runs a 3Man shift of 24hrs, meaning he goes 2 work 8times in a month, also observes 1mnth leave & still complains of LOW SALARY! Nigerian youths sha! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 24, 2016
From that 20k a week you probably pay 15k per week on fuel and car hire charges, leaving you with about 5k per week. Don't mislead people. Uber is very exploitative of drivers.
JeffreyJamez:

I would advice you to go and register as an Uber Driver. Demand is high now. You could be going home with at least 20k per week...depends on your agreement with the car owner. This is what most graduates are doing now.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Kassidy90(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2016
No matter how smart or intelligent ur friends is 80k for OND and he still contemplating sorry o but he's an ingrate ..
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by des4ella(m): 11:11am On Nov 24, 2016
oloyemeji:
I earn less than 80k, married and have a son.
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by humbleself242(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2016
No tell him to sit at home I will be feeding him......ordinary OND
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by buffalowings: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2016
haywire07:
No , tell him to sit down at home and be wailing
grin
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 24, 2016
How did you loose it ?[/quote]

Must he tell u all his problem
Or u wan give am new job
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Annie2059: 11:24am On Nov 24, 2016
karleone:
Some have food but cannot eat
Some can eat but have no food
We have food and we can eat
Glory be to God on high

lol... I wonder who formulated this thanksgiving prayer that has been and still is..
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by daplus2015(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2016
oloyemeji:

Even if he has MSc. So far he doesn't have other options for now he should draft the acceptance letter ASAP.
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2016
A bird at hand is worth two in the bush.

When I started working in the Company I am now, I was earning less than 80k as an Intern. I didn't complain cos I wasn't there for the money. Three years later, in that same company, despite the recession, my salary is more than 3 times what I was earning when I started.

If I was waiting for some lump sum of salary, maybe I'd still be sitting at home, wishing upon a star.

Some Most people don't have jobs. Some people earn 20k. He's being offered 80k. Let him take it.

My two cents. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Roy11: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2016
oloyemeji:

deep sigh....there are no many jobs out. he shud embrace it yl as well plan his exit. life na stages. it could be a stepping stone. i know many of my frnds that are bsc holders, second class upper and they are still at home. all da best to him
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by oladipo12: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2016
are you kidding me.....I no some msc holders and even chartered accountant earning 65k and you there
their complaining Oga accept the offer o
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by CosmeticChemist(m): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2016
karleone:
Some have food but cannot eat Some can eat but have no food We have food and we can eat Glory be to God on high
Fgcu ?
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Harinholar(f): 11:43am On Nov 24, 2016
Oocc:
I am a BSc holder with a second class upper. I don't have a job. My last job as a driver, came with a salary of about 30k. I worked hard and happily too, tho I lost it. Back to joblessness.

80k salary for OND qualification is very fantastic! Your friend is very lucky and favoured by God. He should grab it fast.

.... Trust in him...the best is coming...
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by acada111(f): 11:43am On Nov 24, 2016
I work for less.........abego make we swap biko. embarassed embarassed
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Raychellasam(f): 11:54am On Nov 24, 2016
...and why do I get this feeling you're this friend we're talking about?
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by UniqueGem(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Oocc:

Its good your subconscious mind is beginning to awake. Very soon, you'll realise there is no God anywhere.
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by tosyne2much(m): 11:59am On Nov 24, 2016
Oocc:

I was asked to stop cos I was very ill and I went to the hospital. Tho I informed my boss before going. He actually wanted me to work with the illness
Can you just imagine? ... I pray you find a befitting job soon bro
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by KojiNaphtali(m): 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
he should accept, and of course still keep searching for another job
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by tosyne2much(m): 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

If your friend does not have any other means of generating more than the above stated, he is definitely a very daft fellow to be asking such a question. Later he'll join wailers to say "no job in this Buhari era"
Hahaha
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by tosyne2much(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2016
gonkin:
I finished with upper credit Hnd, i have over 9 other certifications and i am very skill in computing, mechanical and even trained people after i finished Nd at phcn.
Now i don do Nysc since 2014. STILL JOBLESS.

IF I SAW A JOB OF 30K and the stress is worth the pay, i would be jumping with happiness. We don do entrepreneur before and i wouldn't lie to you it takes God for a business to be stable.

If you dont want the job pls mail me at gonkins@gmail.com.

Here's the click, your salary is your failsafe money. There are many ways to use 20k from 80k every month. If you are not married ooo
Wooooow!! This is so touching
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by DONFAITH: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
No, for what, why should he accept such salary?
If I catch that man, I go seriously deal with am. For this state of Naija economy, na im person or company offer to pay you 80k, na I'm you still dey contemplate. No let God vex for you o.
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by thunderbabs: 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
Mk e com swap buhari N-power job with dt 80k job na.

Na only him geh skill abi?
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by tosyne2much(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
Raychellasam:
...and why do I get this feeling you're this friend we're talking about?
It's obvious the OP came to disguise that he needs advice for his friend.. You should know Nairalanders are always hiding under the canopy of friends cheesy
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
GenBuhari:
From that 20k a week you probably pay 15k per week on fuel and car hire charges, leaving you with about 5k per week. Don't mislead people. Uber is very exploitative of drivers.

20k per week after expenses( expenses which are not his problem but the car Onwers problem based on agreement) undecided.....Uber only collects 25% of the fares. The only time you might be exploited is when you are working for an Uber Partner based on agreement...Do your research before you come here to Mislead people sir.
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by enekeA1(f): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
[quote author=oloyemeji post=51302884]A friend of mine just got an offer of #80,000 salary.
wee me dey collect 18k still dey grateful dey hustle go every morning
please tell me the address of the place
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
kecy19:
NO, that is too small. i earn 6 figures and I am also an OND holder. He should reject the offer. Take my advice

Mumu, what is six figures undecided You forgotten that 100k and 900k are both six figures, na who u dey decieve

Abeg OP tell him to collect the job joor ! No job in this economy now.
Re: Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? by oloyemeji: 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
tosyne2much:
It's obvious the OP came to disguise that he needs advice for his friend.. You should know Nairalanders are always hiding under the canopy of friends cheesy
seriously he is a friend ,check my previous post I don't disguise if it where to be me,not all Nigerian a member of nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only For Teachers (intending) In Port Harcourt / Npower VAIDS/TAX Applicants 2017, / Recruitment Into The Nigerian Intelligence Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.