Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,557 members, 7,865,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice (1561 Views)

What's your Most Memorable Experience While Abroad Or Travelling Abroad? / Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice / Free Seminars: Get Paid($28k) To Travel Abroad Or School Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by sunboy(m): 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2009
Peeps in the house please advice me. Should i start processing free tution schools abroad or i just go for unilag diploma that assure admission into 200l but cost 350k. I have no sponcorer, if i travel i have to work and study, but here in lagos i can still maintain as usual. Peeps please advice me where to put the money, either wait for unilag diploma or travel abroad to study n hustle,
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by BoredAtWor: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2009
Stay in Nigeria and Study.

Working and Studying abroad is very challenging but not impossible.
depends how hard working you are and if you would have good support network abroad who might assist you.

Also bear in mind you would be paying oversee fees, which are ridiculously expensive.
Am guessing you are coming to the United kingdom.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
sunboy:

Peeps in the house please advice me. Should i start processing free tution schools abroad or i just go for unilag diploma that assure admission into 200l but cost 350k. I have no sponcorer, if i travel i have to work and study, but here in lagos i can still maintain as usual. Peeps please advice me where to put the money, either wait for unilag diploma or travel abroad to study n hustle,

Going abroad is good BUT tution free schools are not really free. The cost of accommodation in a place to sweden is much higher than many cities in the UK, u may not see a job that can keep u going as a full time student without a sponsor.

Staying home is good idea as well if things runs smoothly without strick this and that.

B4 u make your mind abt going abroad pls do your research abt the cost of living there and the chances of getting part time job as a foreign student.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by sunboy(m): 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thanks guys, i've thought of trying, canada, australia or uk. I can get accomodation in uk, but school fees are fucking expensive. Peeps advice me please, im tired of sitting home, I need to get something more challenging doing with my time n money.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by sunboy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thanks guys, i've thought of trying, canada, australia or uk. I can get accomodation in uk, but school fees are fucking expensive. Peeps advice me please, im tired of sitting home, I need to get something more challenging doing with my time n money.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by symbian03(m): 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2009
Justwise has given you the best advise. You'll be fine abroad if you've gotten a good back-up from home, Otherwise, you've got to be hard working and a place like sweden wouldn't be advisable.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by sunboy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2009
U guys are advising me to stay home if i dont av backup. I got my kenyan visa today, the guy promised 1week and its 1week today. Thats guys, i'll stay in naija, and visiting dubai n kenya on my hols, Dat make sense.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by symbian03(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2009
Follow your heart my dear, kindly re-read what i posted. I never insisted on your staying back homekiss it's a matter of choice okay.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by davades(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
Just try both, but i believe schooling abroad is a hard task.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2009
HELLO GUYS,
PLS ASSIST WITH MY QUESTION.
I HAD WANTED TO TRAVEL TO THE UK FOR MY MASTRERS DEGREE BUT I WAS DENIED VISA ON TWO OCCASSIONS EVEN THOUGH I PAID SOME DEPOSIT.
RIGHT NOW I HAVE ASKED THE SCHOOL TO CONVERT THE PROGRAM TO AN ONLINE PROGRAM SO THAT I CAN STUDY FROM HOME. HOW DO YOU SEE THAT IDEA?
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by symbian03(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2009
OMG so you wanna study from home and get your certificate sent to you via courier? That doesn't worth it man, try other countries okay! Don't give up.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2009
VALENCI:

HELLO GUYS,
PLS ASSIST WITH MY QUESTION.
I HAD WANTED TO TRAVEL TO THE UK FOR MY MASTRERS DEGREE BUT I WAS DENIED VISA ON TWO OCCASSIONS EVEN THOUGH I PAID SOME DEPOSIT.
RIGHT NOW I HAVE ASKED THE SCHOOL TO CONVERT THE PROGRAM TO AN ONLINE PROGRAM SO THAT I CAN STUDY FROM HOME. HOW DO YOU SEE THAT IDEA?

Try other universities in other European countries. There is no need for you to quit and just settle for an online program.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
BUT I AM WORKING HERE IN NIGERIA.
I WANT TO STUDY STUDY WHILE I WORK.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2009
If you do want to study part-time that is your choice.
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by flekan(m): 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2009
VALENCI:

BUT I AM WORKING HERE IN NIGERIA.
I WANT TO STUDY STUDY WHILE I WORK.

Did you just got your job here in Nigeria? You must have thought about it before you applied at first. I think people telling you to try other European countries want you to explore other than sitting in front of a computer taken lectures, not that I am saying online program is not good. I just won't settle for that if I were you. It is your choice though
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
i have been working in the financial sector for close to 3 years
Re: Study Abroad Or Unilag Diploma, Please Advice by flekan(m): 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2009
VALENCI:

i have been working in the financial sector for close to 3 years

So, you must have thought about the possibilities of you leaving your work here in Nigeria when you first applied

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Metroline/light Rail System! / Temporary Alien Passport? / Which Are The Best Tourist Places To Visit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.