Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,716 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa (48795 Views)

Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm / Buhari Places Vice President Osibanjo Under Close Intense Security Watch / 2 Governors On Security Watch-list (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by StoneLucifer: 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
mascot87:
IBO people will soon come here and beat there chest.

*their not there..I believe Ogbomosho man taught u English in school..
Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by calabardick(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
baybeeboi:
On behalf of all the South Easterners, we strongly and sternly reject the outcome of this survey as its conduct wasnt strictly on performance values.
What do you say of Anambra counter crime squad(CCS), how about Abia Territorial Crime Unit (TCU), how bout the Nsukka Crime Response Squad (CRS)?

Until this survey is reconducted in the best interesf of the African Territorial Security Outfit, we firmly reject and comdemn the result of the said survey in all its entirety.

Signed
Prince Madu Chinemere Maduchen(PPRO)

For IPOB.

The Great Voice of IPOB, I support you, our politicians buys these awards

Lagos state ke? The highest crime in African is committed in Lagos

- Akpero
- land grabbers a.k.a omonile
- One chance
- Yahoo Yahoo
- rituals killing
- raping

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by Smooyis(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
Lagos is truly safe for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by Lekewatt(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
baybeeboi:
On behalf of all the South Easterners, we strongly and sternly reject the outcome of this survey as its conduct wasnt strictly on performance values.
What do you say of Anambra counter crime squad(CCS), how about Abia Territorial Crime Unit (TCU), how bout the Nsukka Crime Response Squad (CRS)?

Until this survey is reconducted in the best interesf of the African Territorial Security Outfit, we firmly reject and comdemn the result of the said survey in all its entirety.

Signed

For IPOB.
sorry, I feel ur pains. Hope u no wound?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by donfemo(m): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Does the amount I contributed matter?

"Just Curious"

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by fineyemi(m): 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
honestly, lag is more secured!!!. most of u guys shouting haven't been to lag b4

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by Orikinla(m): 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
olokeded:
The Lagos State Government has bagged an award as the best security and most safety conscious State in Africa.

At the award ceremony held in Johannesburg, South Africa and put together by the Security Watch Africa (SWA), the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command also emerged as the best anti-crime police squad in West Africa, while the RRS Commander, ACP Olatunji Disu took home the award of the most outstanding police operational officer in West Africa.

The awards were presented to officials of the State Government at the 2016 lecture series of SWA organized in partnership with Security Institute for Governance and Leadership in Africa (SIGLA) and the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.

The lecture, which had the theme: "Tackling Security Challenges In Africa's Land and Maritime Domains," was well attended by security experts and officials from across Africa.

Lagos State and its officials, according to organizers of the awards, were honoured in recognition of the outstanding efforts and achievements in securing residents, especially the massive improvement on security architecture of the State.

While receiving the award for the State on behalf of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tunji Bello, thanked the organizers for recognizing Lagos State, saying that it was gratifying to note that the efforts of government on security were appreciated.

He said ever since emerging as Governor of Lagos State, Mr Ambode has made safety and security one of the focal objectives of his administration as he believes that there cannot be any development in the absence of security.

"I want to assure this gathering that Governor Ambode is very much committed to the security of lives and property of the people of the State and he is not tired of daily improving on the security situation in the State. The Governor believes that businesses cannot thrive in an environment devoid of safety and security, hence the massive efforts and initiatives geared toward security," Bello said.

On his part, RRS Commander, who took time to lecture the gathering on the duties of the RRS, said being a unit of the Lagos State Police Command, the Squad is responsible for robberies and emergencies like collapsed building and other related situations.

He said the RRS is usually the first responders in emergency situation, adding that the Unit was also blessed with highly dedicated officials who carry out 24-hour job on a daily basis.

Speaking on the awards to RRS and to him, Disu said: "We like to appreciate the awards given to us and this will surely go a long way in motivating our men back home to know that everything they do is appreciated because the belief of an average police man in Nigeria is that police job is a thankless job and nobody appreciates what they do, but the awards will also spur us to better serve the people," the RRS Commander said.

SIGNED

HABIB ARUNA

CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY

NOVEMBER 24, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/lagos-security-conscious-state-africa.html

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by mascot87(m): 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
StoneLucifer:

*their not there..I believe Ogbomosho man taught u English in school..

Mumuu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
donfemo:

"Just Curious"
Curiosity kills the Cat.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by highwaist: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
[size=16pt]LAGOS : PERCENTAGE OF LAND OWNERS

OTHER TRIBES - 95%

yoruba - 5%

cheesy grin grin grin
grin grin
tongue[/size]
that shows lagos is most habitable city in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by Bgorgeous: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
This is the only state in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by danot1030: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
baybeeboi:

Signed

For IPOB.
pathetic region, children of pain and hate.

They are not satisfy with Yoruba and their land yet they keep trooping to Yoruba land in their numbers everyday, they keep buying their lands, they keep marrying their children, they keep naming their children with Yoruba names, they keep borrowing Yoruba cultures and they keep observing their Igbo ceremonies in Yoruba land to the extent that many of them will prefer staying in Yoruba land than returning to their erosion encroached land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by wristbangle: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
sukkottt:
oduduwa. we outcheaaa. any state run by oduduwa is heaven. quote me wrong and sango will soda ya yanch with lightening

grin grin

Baba wetin do your real moniker na? Meanwhile this ur comment eh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by calabardick(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
[size=16pt]LAGOS : PERCENTAGE OF LAND OWNERS

OTHER TRIBES - 95%

yoruba - 5%

cheesy grin grin grin
grin grin
tongue[/size]

Generation of Esau, they've sold everything, and it's funny the only thing they do with the money is juju, drinking, smoking weed, womanizing and parties

Very soon they'll sell the remaining 5%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by aisammy4: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
People are just complaining why this award was given to Lagos State. I'm not surprised anyway. Even angry mob sef de catch thief and burn am alive for Lagos. Abi you no hear?

Go thief make them catch u, then you go know how fa on criminality for Lag. Haven said that, what was the criteria used in setting the standards to qualify as best security state in Africa? Abi na based on MONEY (BUYING things)?
Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by sukkottt: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
wristbangle:

grin grin

Baba wetin do your real moniker na? Meanwhile this ur comment eh!
lolzzz my bros I chop ban till january grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by nnokwa042(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
olaolulazio:
Yeah, thats why the Igbos love to stay here.

Eko oni baje o!
naira land where i normally come to enjoy night of thousand laugh with out paying a dime a site abooki will change his name to igbo or yoruba and abuse any of these tribes i mentioned hell will let loose while abooki will stay one side enjoying the fun , is time for our yoruba brothers to say sorry to igbos for what awo did during the war so we can move on ,present germans were not in involved in Hitler's plan to kill all jews but today the same current germans tenders thier apology to the jews and they re at peace my yoruba brothers apology wont cause u people anything pls, u people should do it and lets move on Eko oni baje undecided
Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
calabardick:

Generation of Esau, they've sold everything, and it's funny the only thing they do with the money is juju, drinking, smoking weed, womanizing and parties

Very soon they'll sell the remaining 5%

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by laffwitmi: 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2016
Make ur friend tell u d truth abt his dad's kidnapping... grin grin grin
Amusaopeyemi:
My friend's dad was kidnapped last week, we had to pay 800k to get him back. The story didn't even make the news. There are crazy things happening in Lagos that don't make the news that is why they think Lagos is secure. It ain't. Most states are better than Lagos in terms of security.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by defashan: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
baybeeboi:
On behalf of all South Easterners, we strongly and sternly reject the outcome of this survey as its conduct wasnt strictly on performance values.

Signed
Prince Madu Chinemere Maduchen(PRO)

For IPOB.

Anambra, Abia and Nsukka response crime outfits but you guys can't protect yourselves from each other. Don't you try comparing your states with Lagos.

You rate your security so high but two or there Fulani teenagers with their cows and ruining crops in your farms, murdering men,women, children, traditional chiefs and even reverend fathers and you guys call yourselves security outfits.

Gerrrrrrahia meeeen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by baybeeboi: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
defashan:

Anambra, Abia and Nsukka response crime outfits but you guys can't protect yourselves from each other. Don't you try comparing your states with Lagos.

You rate your security so high but two or there Fulani teenagers with their cows and ruining crops in your farms, murdering men,women, children, traditional chiefs and even reverend fathers and you guys call yourselves security outfits.

Gerrrrrrahia meeeen.

Well, i was just catching fun, am not Igbo.

But at least Fulanis were there with support of their cows right?

Sometime in Lagos, Hausa boys ransacked almost the entire state, painful enough they used bathroom slippers to beat up and inflict pains on the residents. Correct me if i am wrong
Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by MayhorE(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:
Y ARE OFONJA SCREAMING IPOD UPANDAN grin grin grin tongue tongue

BET THOSE PEOPLE HAVE NEVER HEAR OF AGBERO, TOUTS, AREA BOYS OR OMO NILES.. THOSE GUYS ARE DEADLIER THAN BOKO HARAM cool cool cool cool

ANYWHERE LAGOS IS GOOD
Are you done?
NEXT PLS!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by emi14: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
Asiiii....bunch of celebrated liars. Lagos is rather last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by ekefre4(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
This is brilliant though they still have a long way to go. Been in Lagos for a week plus now and I'm really impressed. I'm actually planning to settle here by the end of next year because of the improvements. Lagos makes me think Nigeria can work

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by wristbangle: 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2016
sukkottt:
lolzzz my bros I chop ban till january grin

Baba, I no understand ur matter again. Na everytime u dey chop ban like yam grin

Meanwhile I dey gbadun your comments as u dey hammer those troublesome makers wella.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by Toosure70: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
I STAND WITH JAGABAN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by ZUBY77(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by Yewandequeen(f): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

My friend's dad was kidnapped last week, we had to pay 800k to get him back. The story didn't even make the news. There are crazy things happening in Lagos that don't make the news that is why they think Lagos is secure. It ain't. Most states are better than Lagos in terms of security

Sorry to hear about that.
@at the bolded - you are so right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by ooshinibos: 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
sukkottt:
oduduwa. we outcheaaa. any state run by oduduwa is heaven. quote me wrong and sango will soda ya yanch with lightening
Rubbish ...Lagos state where arm robbers run rampart as they wish ,just last week a 7 years old boy was lynched to death because they said he stole bread ....security my back side , Nigerians are not ready yet
Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by OsuGanja(m): 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2016
mascot87:
IBO people will soon come here and beat there chest.

See one above you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa by zero8zero(m): 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:
My friend's dad was kidnapped last week, we had to pay 800k to get him back. The story didn't even make the news. There are crazy things happening in Lagos that don't make the news that is why they think Lagos is secure. It ain't. Most states are better than Lagos in terms of security .
This sounds like a joke, doesn't it??.. Besides, aren't you in Lagos, have you been kidnapped?

Truth is mine*

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Wife Visits Tinubu (Picture) / Soludo Meets His Primary Three Teacher / Elder Orubebe Celebrates His 56th Birthday With His Twin Sister In Style. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.