Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

White Man Cheating Us In Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / White Man Cheating Us In Africa (2521 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / Abubakar Tatari-Ali Cautioning A White Man - Caption Photos / Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by ikamefa(f): 2:27am On Jan 08, 2007
Eurphoria:

Ika !!!! grin instigator2 grin

ha! grin you know me am just minding ma bixnix when i saw this thread!

but erhm! this thread na wah oh! cheesy wink
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 2:31am On Jan 08, 2007
yep cheesy

i know sometimes you just strolling thru Nl and bang!! you see one like this-------------you , you a real nutter grin
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2007
I will respond to so many people with not sense of communication and respect for others in this forum, people saying I am broke and stupid wish they have my status, but that is another story. the fact of the matter is Sheraton is a franchise like any other 3 star hotel for the smart ones, and the prices for all the locals are unique. The same room is going for #14000 in Abuja and Nicon is going for the same price. what makes Lagos so special to charge this outrageous price? Nigerians need to start thinking of progression instead of repression. we can all come together and protest this unjust act, we need leaders and visionaries not lil boys here that haven't been to Nigeria in decades because they are illegal aliens talking smack to me. PS. and to all the white people talking trash. I have one question for you, why do you find African women attractive in the clubs in Nigeria but on contrary you guys won't there walk down the streets with a sister?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ mamajama

you just shot yourself in the foot! If the same hotel goes for N14,000 in Abuja but N59,000 in Lagos is it the whiteman that is to blame? Are white people in control of Lagos?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2007
What does a franchise means? don't they have a common obligation to be loyal and stay within the cooperate practice and principle? is price not one of the common standard all the franchise stand by, I'm disappointed in you for saying that MR davidylan . Even a 5 star hotel in NYC does not charge that outrageous price.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2007
Answer the question mamajama! Is the price variation between Lagos and Abuja the work of whitemen?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2007
Tell me who owns this hotels? Starwood Hotels . they have a standard and their price is comparable in America and Canada, why over charge in Nigeria? I see some people won't get the point.

Trust me I will contact the board of directors for answer on this issue.

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2002_2nd/Apr02_SheratonHOT.html
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ mamajama

please do contact the president too, he must hear about this injustice. It is unacceptable for whitemen to be ruling lagos!
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Mamajama(m): 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2007
Are you fro real? the president that is enforcing Yar adua on Nigeria as the next president?
the president that has lost touch with the poor people in Nigeria?
the president that can not control ATIKU?
the president that his subordinate governors are all corrupt?
dude when was the last time you been to Naija?. go and see poverty and distruction injustice and segregation 1st class.

Trust me I have projects under way that will be beneficial to lots of under privilege in Nigeria. remember the name.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2007
yeah riteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by superman(m): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2007
bro dnt waste ur time with fools!it dnt worth it at all
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by kimba(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2007
Is it the white man's fault that we(Nigerian and Nigerians) are so stupid.

Forget the white man for a minute. Are we not cheating ourselves?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2007
nail on the head!!! grin
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by kimba(m): 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2007
on Friday October, 22nd 2005 a plane crashed claimed 117 lives,
on Friday December, 10th 2005, a plane crashed claimed 108 lives,
on Sunday September, 17th 2006, a plane crashed claimed 13 millitary hightops (10 Generals),
while on Sunday 29th October, a plane crashed claimed 96 lives.

sumary: within 12 months over 334 lives of Nigerian were lost.

are the above the fault of the white-man also?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Okeamu1(m): 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2007
I can see why they are expensive. Building a hotel in nigeria is a lot of hazzle as you will be required to pay massive taxes to the government at the end of every Quarter, the landed properties and the price involved in building the expensive hotels also is part of the taxation. Imagine nearly a Quarter billion dollar contract to build one hotels, plus payment of workers, security etc. Each sector will want their own share of bribe which we know can mean a lot of money. The materials to be kept in the buildings are expensive products and in most cases, regular home items get changed by workers,

It makes sense that if the cost per room is not hire, break even will take overlly longer time and this will crush the investment. The only advice i will give to hotel builders is to build a regular mid scale hotel in the country. A hotel that will cost about 5 million to build + another 5M to pay for operational cost and maintanice atleast for 2 years. If an investor can drop these type of investment in big nigerian cities, they are sure to make money. Another big selling point is confrence hall in each hotel. This is what really make most money because we all know in nigeria, there is wedding every weekend, meetings every weekday and so on,
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by mamaput(f): 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2007
Not to think what people take home with them Towel
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2007
i am glad intelligent people exist still on Nairaland i swear. All this blame it on the white man is really holding many black people back, not so much Africans, in the case of Africans we are our own tormentors. Many Black people in the west are a bloody mess and disgrace to the race, they will cry out of self pity for their own laziness and lack of ambition. They build castles in the sky and boast about crap and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day. I wont say All black people, just the few deluded ones, who live by the past and wallow in self pity----self pity is such a disgusting thing , i hate LAZY SELF PITYING PPL, WHINNERS AND CHEAP TALKERS.  The smart people will tell you yes we know sometimes some ignorant whites try to tear black people down , but the smart people also know that that must not stop us , we must use the brain, use what the whioteman invented, or gave us to make us not break us.

White man cheating us in Africa, don't make me laugh, someone here said the poster should have patronized a local hotel, why didnt mister money man take his black money to a black owned hotel, there are loads in Nigeria. Instead he wanted to live like a noble, bet he felt higher than the other Nigerians for using that particular hotel--- RUBBISH not you bring your stinking SELF PITYING , narrow sighted, dumb black ass here for us to see? and shout white man white man .

LOOK AT THIS---- i was at the bank once and  a black woman in front of me wanted to withdraw money and the cashier told her she needed her card,
black woman: what do i need my card for? i left it at home, let me tell you the account number
cashier: sry but the amount you wish to withdraw demands the use of a card
blk woman: Ah! since when? its my account, my money
cashier: this is to protect you madam , with out any form of id anyone could walk in with your card take money out
bla woman: rubbish, you think i am a criminal? its my money i want it, i can't go back home and back, let me see your manager,
manager comes and reiterates what cashier said and all hell broke loose---i am cringing with embarassement at this idiot. Woman goes on to say for all to hear as she walks out ' its because we are black, you think we don't work?( i am thinking i what an idiot complete muppett)

Now how dumb is that shiite?

NOw you can
BITE ME!
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2007
You guys are actually sweating over this thread?. . . Mamajama has not point and he knows that. There's nothing the white man has to do with price of hotels in Nigeria!
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2007
for once i will agree with you--- you didnt just read this by the way

out i go, bad mamajama its all good really wink
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2007
No I didn't, as you can see, I'm blindfolded. What is it you said again? shocked
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2007
nada
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Easyy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2007
mamajama, I cant agree with you that the cost of lodging at Sheraton is anything to do with white man cheating us. The cost, as indicated by other posters earlier, is driven by market forces. As much as I agree that the white man exploited us in the past, this one has no relevance to that.

Have you considered the fact that the average Nigerian like to show off and would just want to stay at Sheraton Hotel in order to let people know he can afford it? That kind of mentality means that Sheraton continues to enjoy husge patronage.

If demand for accommodation in Sheraton falls, the price will have to fall as well.
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Easyy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2007
kimba:

Is it the white man's fault that we(Nigerian and Nigerians) are so stupid.

Forget the white man for a minute. Are we not cheating ourselves?

shocked
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Easyy(m): 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2007
BTW, it appears some people appear on certains threads hmmm

and they seem to always speak in defence of the white man irrespective of what is being said

lipsrsealed
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Afam(m): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2007
I do not see what the white man has to do with what the hotel charges in Lagos or in any city for that matter.

The hotel is a business entity not a charity.

And come to think of it, it is not compulsory for people to use the hotel, is it?
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2007
Easyy:

BTW, it appears some people appear on certains threads hmmm

and they seem to always speak in defence of the white man irrespective of what is being said

lipsrsealed

Well, the price of hotels in Nigeria has nothing to do with the white man irrespective of what you think!
Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Easyy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2007
Donzman:

Well, the price of hotels in Nigeria has nothing to do with the white man irrespective of what you think!

Do you read before you respond?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Vote? Does Your Vote Make A Difference? / Imo State Is Mrs (dr) Viola Onwuliri Anti Mrs (dr) Ada Okwuonu / Live Update From Nlc/tuc Meeting With Fg On Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.