Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede (21469 Views)

Jega Replies Jonathan On Comments Over Conduct Of 2015 Election / Witches And Wizards Predict Winner Of Ondo Election / Foreign Observers Fault Conduct Of Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by seniorkachion(m): 11:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Olodo lawyer. If you are sure of winning, why asking for shift?
Did you even read the post properly at all. He said the PDP recognized by law does not have agents on ground. The Electoral Act requires party agents to sign result sheets. Who will sign for PDP? .
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by rimzo(m): 12:08am On Nov 25, 2016
igbeke:
For the purpose of fairness, the election needs to be postponed. But, this present Inec is remotely controlled by Mr Bubu. Unfortunately, he has hearing problem.

You have say it all. The Bubu is remotely controlling the INEC. I can imagine how general election for 2019 will look like.

APC = Shame!
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by bashydemy(m): 1:49am On Nov 25, 2016
igbeke:
For the purpose of fairness, the election needs to be postponed. But, this present Inec is remotely controlled by Mr Bubu. Unfortunately, he has hearing problem.

You need an app called brain, Why will the election be postponed cos of Jegede? How about the billions of naira that have been used to prepare for the election we should regard that as waste abi? Oga it's PDP internal crisis and nothing consign INEC.

Mimiko and JEGEDE and so dumb, They ought to have wait until after election and if PDP win, Then Jegede should have claim his mandate that's how Ameachi comes to power.

1 Like

Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by bashydemy(m): 1:55am On Nov 25, 2016
swagagolic01:
If they don't postponed it then it will be clear that inec is as useless as Buhari

Give me one reason for the election to be postponed?

Edo election was postponed for 2 reason,

1.. Security reason and it's directly from the Security agents,

2.... GCE Maths Exam hold the same day all over west africa.
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by dennymade(m): 2:59am On Nov 25, 2016
Pedagogue:
My initial reaction was: If INEC postponed Edo election days to the election, what stops them from doing same...However, unlike in Edo, sensitive election materials had not been deployed before INEC (due to pressure from Oshiomhole & FG) postponed that election.

Besides, Jegede's argument is about logistics, not law. PDP and not Jegede's name is what is on the ballot. The party agents forwarded by the Poroye faction are all members of the PDP. In any event, the role of polling agents is to be present at the distribution of election materials and at the polling booth. The Electoral Act clearly provides that the non-attendance/non recognition of polling agents cannot invalidate an election. Jegede is a SAN. He should know better.

The euphoria over the court victory disappeared immediately Jegede/Mimiko returned to the battlefield. Their supporters have left them. Defeat is staring them in the face. Unless the election is postponed, Jegede stands no chance.

From feelers, Oke (AD) is the next governor! However, Akeredolu's (APC) federal might must NEVER be underrated.

Those who are blinded by tribalism and myopic will never see the reasons why the election should be postponed. Can the cost for all the preparations for this election be compared to loosing a soul if violence should erupt during or after the election? Pls those who live in a glass house should avoid throwing stone.
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by feeloscar(m): 3:36am On Nov 25, 2016
slick1:
I feel for u sir but this had been d plan all along. To leave u with very minimal time to prepare. This used to be the tactics of the PDP back then and it is now been against them.
This tactics was used against Atiku some years ago by the PDP.
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by Sheggy13(m): 4:59am On Nov 25, 2016
Doyin2:

The law requires the party (and not INEC),to make available, the list of party agents,14 days.....

Therefore,if at all, its PDP that would have violated the law and not INEC.The use of the word "should is also instructive"

However,PDP is still one in the eye of the law.What we had were mere factional executives,one authentic and the other illegal.PDP as a party should be distinct from PDP factional leaders.

The law allows for substitution and that is what is expected of the now authentic executives .

It is very shameful that a so called SAN ,can not effectively interpret the law.

The nation cannot be held to ransome, because of internal leadership tussle of a party.

BTW, if elections are postponed to say December 23,and on December 21,another court rules that Segun Abraham is the authentic candidate of APC,would it not be "Fair" for Abraham to call for another postponement?

Common sense indeed is not common!
You're very correct. I really do wonder how this Jegede became a SAN. This his tussle with Jimoh Ibrahim has exposed how unintelligent the guy is in matters of the law, and this is the same person Mimiko wants to impose on the state.That was how he waited until the window period for appeal passed only to apply for leave of appeal at the dying minutes.
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by bomboyi(m): 5:27am On Nov 25, 2016
So NECO or WAEC should postpone it exams because one of the candidates is not prepared, Nigerians sha
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by damkin24(m): 5:33am On Nov 25, 2016
igbeke:
What if APC was the one involved and telling INEC to postpone, what would have been your own view about it?
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by nikkypearl(f): 6:01am On Nov 25, 2016
seniorkachion:

Did you even read the post properly at all. He said the PDP recognized by law does not have agents on ground. The Electoral Act requires party agents to sign result sheets. Who will sign for PDP? .
hi..good morning..did you get my pm?
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by odomanis: 7:51am On Nov 25, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Olodo lawyer. If you are sure of winning, why asking for shift?

The list of PDP agents that INEC has is that submitted by Jimo Ibrahim,you don't need anybody to tell you that those agents should not be relied upon by Jegede as they may likely work against him. Jegede needs to submit his own list and train them as well.
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by Chigold101(m): 7:52am On Nov 25, 2016
Sunnymatey:
This guy should forget about posponment and face what is ahead. Mimiko should sit up. APC had brought back rigging, they should follow Oshomhole method.
without your agents on ground, you cant even rig.
What is ahead at the moment is he has no agent on ground to defend his vote.

1 Like

Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by seniorkachion(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2016
nikkypearl:
hi..good morning..did you get my pm?
Same to you. The whatsapp in my phone has stopped updating contacts and messages. Please lets use email or fbk. I did leave a fbk message to a fbk user wit yur name . You can find me on fbk Senior Kachion. I d prefer we use fbk as i do nt like opening attachments on my laptop for obvious reasons. Thanks
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by akintom(m): 8:15am On Nov 25, 2016
odomanis:

The list of PDP agents that INEC has is that submitted by Jimo Ibrahim,you don't need anybody to tell you that those agents should not be relied upon by Jegede as they may likely work against him. Jegede needs to submit his own list and train them as well.

But the agents were presented by PDP as a party. That's what the electoral law says and recognises.
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 25, 2016
I don't want pdp to rule ondo state. I want someone who can expose all mimiko's stealing
Re: Why Conduct Of Ondo Election On Saturday Will Violate The Law – Jegede by cosycee(m): 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2016
Start your investment with 1000 naira and earn extra bucks up to 5000 naira daily

Whatsapp Me on 08182481149

Don't wait. Start acting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm The Only One Contesting For Presidency - Buhari / Buhari Appoints Suleiman Hassan To Replace Environment Ministry, Usman Jibril / Atiku Abubakar Visits Oba Adekunle In Ilesa, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.