Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears (16528 Views)

Vincent Obianodo Drags Lagos Council To Court Over Land / UBA To Gtbank Transfer Issues / Banks, Ex-ceos Indicted As N720b Cash Disappears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by stchinedu: 7:27am On Nov 25, 2016
Viking007:

The man should change his lawyer, 1million is too small. He should be looking at 50million upwards.
Haba! You must hate that bank. Even Judas Iscariot will not ask for that amount. You wan kill dem grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by ArabMopol(m): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2016
i won't only drag them to court...I will first sue them to sango, invite all the deities in yeloba land to intervene and give me justice, I also reincarnate Oduduwa spirit to go after them.. AFONJA ghost will be by the side should in case dem won physical battle
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by mediocre(m): 7:30am On Nov 25, 2016
1 million NAIRA , to do what
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by lafuria1(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2016
the last time the man operated the account was 20yearsago, I'm just wondering what made him remember the account right now and he lives in the UK,. Certain things are not just worth the effort and time.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Naijaboiy1: 7:36am On Nov 25, 2016
elfmann:

Complaint
Thanks my man!
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Malayy(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2016
I will soon sue access bank for my 51k..
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Ikem11(m): 7:44am On Nov 25, 2016
1million NAIRA for damages in a sweet case like dis? who does that!! sombodi get me dis man's charge and bail lawyer number
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Compoundkuro: 7:46am On Nov 25, 2016
The man donnot only have the fear of God but he has leave in oyibo land land for that long and oyibo spirit is really working in him
So he cannot demand more than what hes accountant say it is.

1 Like

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by excel101(m): 7:48am On Nov 25, 2016
Damages for #1m, maybe the man thought that naira was still the way it was when he relocate to London with his family in 1995.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by chidibond(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2016
I only see a lot of Ignorant people who do not understand banking dynamics and just enjoy venting on any complaint bank-related. "Better to Stay Silent than to confirm your ignorance"...His funds are safe and this is acceptable practice.

1 Like

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by 1kinggy(m): 7:53am On Nov 25, 2016
Naijaboiy1:

So he should not collect damages as a result of a breach of contract from the bank because of recession? Are you kidding?

In my opinion that amount is even too small for that type of bank.

These financial institutions steal people's money under the pretense of helping them save it. When you come for complain they give you useless excuses that can't even hold air.

He should sue the bastards!! undecided

Everyone feels the damages is low. I'm sure his lawyers have weighed it up first.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Felixtuta(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2016
Fraud Star everywhere, even in today's bank!!!!
I pray he gets his justice...love his vision.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by 1kinggy(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2016
lafuria1:
the last time the man operated the account was 20yearsago, I'm just wondering what made him remember the account right now and he lives in the UK,. Certain things are not just worth the effort and time.

It's a trust fund, his timing is excellent. If those kids were minors then, they are now in their 20 - 30.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by DonaTee(f): 7:56am On Nov 25, 2016
emeijeh:
1million naira only for damages?
Oga, na recession we dey o

too meagre. Uba should get over themselves already. This is not the 1st money disappears in their care.
D bank sabi Rob pple
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by abhosts(m): 7:56am On Nov 25, 2016
chidibond:
I only see a lot of Ignorant people who do not understand banking dynamics and just enjoy venting on any complaint bank-related. "Better to Stay Silent than to confirm your ignorance"...His funds are safe and this is acceptable practice.

The man's argument is that interests should have accrued over the past 21 years since he stopped operating the accounts. UBA would insist that there can be no interests on dormant accounts.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by DonaTee(f): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Only 1 million naira?? What kind of man is that!!

abi he mistook it for 1million dollar abi pounds?

Abi he forget naira don devalue to nothingness
Infact he shld sue his lawyer for misleading him
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Princesamuel44(m): 8:01am On Nov 25, 2016
My Brother that money is to small nah, you should at least comes up to some thing reasonable as damage not that chicken money!!
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by emeijeh(m): 8:11am On Nov 25, 2016
Naijaboiy1:

So he should not collect damages as a result of a breach of contract from the bank because of recession? Are you kidding?

In my opinion that amount is even too small for that type of bank.

These financial institutions steal people's money under the pretense of helping them save it. When you come for complain they give you useless excuses that can't even hold air.

He should sue the bastards!! undecided
Are u sure u read my post?
I was stating the amount was too small
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by kelvinkosi(m): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2016
AleAirHub:
Hmmm.
Just 1m embarassed
so its not enough?

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by dayosweetness(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2016
dedons:
So people still bank with that FRAUDULENT UBA?

END TIME BANK.
May God forgive you
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Kobicove(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2016
emeijeh:
That money is worthless

N1million is not even to pay for the services of a first rate lawyer undecided
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by dayosweetness(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2016
Tunmmyzhe:
some bank staff are not competent especially Ecobank staff( customer care)

imagine I asked for my bank account when I lost it last month and they said I don't have account with them even when I gave them the screenshots of d last SMS I received and mail received in a day bfre plus my ATM. card and all the details they still insist they couldn't find my name on their data, went to one of their branches close to my office a d the customer care staff says the same . I was like una dey craz? it took them a week bfre the Watsap customer care staff could get account details back. and they are crediting and debiting me for all transaction I make daily o!!!

This is the account of more than 6yrs
It is usually easier if you go to the bank you opened the acct, other branches finds it difficult to provide account details due to security reasons
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Teechawa: 8:37am On Nov 25, 2016
This is surprisingly annoying and painful. I guess its time to close my kids accounts now and use the money to chop or buy them more books or games. grin

1 Like

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by henryadex(m): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2016
I have a case with them when they suddenly removed 10,000 that i transfered to a friends account after ten days in August 2015
They've always been giving excuses without resolving the matter
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by redcliff: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Only 1 million naira?? What kind of man is that!!

you for hear how much dey inside the accant na
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by metroid(m): 8:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Viking007:

The man should change his lawyer, 1million is too small. He should be looking at 50million upwards.

The lawyer head no correct angry
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Naijaboiy1: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2016
emeijeh:

Are u sure u read my post?
I was stating the amount was too small
I guess I misunderstood. Sorry.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by olamigbola: 8:58am On Nov 25, 2016
Though It might have been a long time but the. 10k in the man's account as that that time na big money and he is ought to sue mot for special damages alone but all the intrest the man would have gotten for 20years
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by DrMuzungu(m): 9:02am On Nov 25, 2016
Serves them well... Just that the amount is small... Anyway, where is my $550, UBA?!
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by klinro(m): 9:02am On Nov 25, 2016
emeijeh:
That money is worthless

Exactly my thought
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by CecyAdrian(f): 9:03am On Nov 25, 2016
fkdmods:

A normal thinking man who is not a greedy bastard. You no hear where e dey live? England. He doesn't think like a phucked up Nigerian anymore.

And you think u made sense now abi?? Do u even know the essence of suing someone?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy to use Bluetooth car scanner for error lights. / Mysterious Fire Raze iron made Shops In Gombe State Last Night. Photos! / Riot At 7Up Aba For Non-Payment Of Cooperative Contributions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.