Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears (16527 Views)

Vincent Obianodo Drags Lagos Council To Court Over Land / UBA To Gtbank Transfer Issues / Banks, Ex-ceos Indicted As N720b Cash Disappears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by CecyAdrian(f): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2016
redcliff:

you for hear how much dey inside the accant na

It does not matter, even if na! N5, so long as they are at fault, you bill them a high amount which will make them sit up and not make that same mistake again.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by fkdmods: 9:15am On Nov 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:

And you think u made sense now abi?? Do u even know the essence of suing someone?

The essence of suing someone is to right the wrong done to you. Not to get rich. For example; Let's assume you took my ball without permission, i will sue you to return my ball. So what if you lost it? I will make sure the court forces you to buy me another one. Now, how much is the ball? $50.00. Maybe. Wouldn't it be absurdly s.tupid of me to be asking for 10 billion dollars for it? It's only an insanely greedy person that would think that is normal. The best you should ask for is to pay for my attorney fees, court cost and any financially inconvenient funds i spent in pursuant of my claim. I hope that explains it for you. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Prince16: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2016
emeijeh:
1million naira only for damages?
Oga, na recession we dey o
That money is worthless
I'm sure it's a typo. I believe it's 1 billion naira. Imagine, 1million naira (1800 British pounds @ 555 to 1),is noffin 2 someone residing in UK nah!
Litigation fee sef nor pass 1million?
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
DonaTee:

too meagre. Uba should get over themselves already. This is not the 1st money disappears in their care.
D bank sabi Rob pple
How much have you got in your account?
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 25, 2016
Trust my igbo brothers if na them they go ask nothing less then 20millions for damage
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by AleAirHub(m): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2016
angry
kelvinkosi:
so its not enough?

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by janvier27(m): 9:37am On Nov 25, 2016
Viking007:

The man should change his lawyer, 1million is too small. He should be looking at 50million upwards.

Lol. Courts don't award like that o. You ve to prove that you were indeed damaged.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by 4nobody4every1: 9:40am On Nov 25, 2016
Viking007:

The man should change his lawyer, 1million is too small. He should be looking at 50million upwards.
You are spot on, it seems the UK wey the guy dey live don make am forget say Naira is worthless now, if l am the one, l will sue them for 5billion Naira, and plus or minus we shall reach a compromise of Minimum of between 10 to 100 million Naira, all this banks are shy-locks and criminals, they need to be flogged very hard, where is my olokpa friend, abeg flog UBA for defrauding this man grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Swith(m): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2016
A man sued airtel and he was paid N5m. Now in this recession you sue a whole bank and demand just N1m for security and damages for about 30years. Its not about being greedy but making judicious use of an opportunity like this to demand for at least N50m... I pity any firm or institution i will sue. Like if you concur.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by CecyAdrian(f): 10:58am On Nov 25, 2016
fkdmods:

The essence of suing someone is to right the wrong done to you. Not to get rich. For example; Let's assume you took my ball without permission, i will sue you to return my ball. So what if you lost it? I will make sure the court forces you to buy me another one. Now, how much is the ball? $50.00. Maybe. Wouldn't it be absurdly s.tupid of me to be asking for 10 billion dollars for it? It's only an insanely greedy person that would think that is normal. The best you should ask for is to pay for my attorney fees, court cost and any financially inconvenient funds i spent in pursuant of my claim. I hope that explains it for you. cheesy

Shebi u will represent yourself in court or a charity organization will do that for you.

See, the real essence of suing people for exorbitant amounts and it's allowed is so as to put things in check! If my N10 naira is missing and at the end of the day, it was found out that my bank removed it from my acct. If I sue my bank for just N10, there are chances that my bank will tomorrow rob another customer of N10, but if for just N10, I sue them for N1 million, make them go through the stress of coughing out that money, they will sit up and in future, my bank will do all things possible to prevent N2 missing from anyone's account.
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by fkdmods: 11:17am On Nov 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Shebi u will represent yourself in court or a charity organization will do that for you.

See, the real essence of suing people for exorbitant amounts and it's allowed is so as to put things in check! If my N10 naira is missing and at the end of the day, it was found out that my bank removed it from my acct. If I sue my bank for just N10, there are chances that my bank will tomorrow rob another customer of N10, but if for just N10, I sue them for N1 million, make them go through the stress of coughing out that money, they will sit up and in future, my bank will do all things possible to prevent N2 missing from anyone's account.

Oh my God!! She can't read and comprehend. Jesus. The education system in Nigeria is really phucked. What does the bold comment below mean to you?

fkdmods:

And it's not about what you think suing someone should be about. It is about what it is and supposed to be. Your greed has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by emeijeh(m): 11:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Naijaboiy1:

I guess I misunderstood. Sorry.
No qualms man..... 1love
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Mayflowa(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
AleAirHub:
Hmmm.
Just 1m embarassed

the guy nor just try. this is a 50million naira case now. The lawyer himself must be very poor to agree to this. How much will he collect as legal fees?
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by Mayflowa(m): 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Only 1 million naira?? What kind of man is that!!

The man is sick for asking for 1m
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by AleAirHub(m): 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2016
Abi....
i guess that is the 1st case of the lawyer grin grin grin
Mayflowa:

the guy nor just try. this is a 50million naira case now. The lawyer himself must be very poor to agree to this. How much will he collect as legal fees?
Re: Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears by paulstrings(m): 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
Let's See What happens at the end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy to use Bluetooth car scanner for error lights. / Mysterious Fire Raze iron made Shops In Gombe State Last Night. Photos! / Riot At 7Up Aba For Non-Payment Of Cooperative Contributions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.