Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House (43010 Views)

The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? / Photos Of The Snake Man Of Lagos And His Over 30 Different Animals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by Unclerukus: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
why do you have to lie that it was about to attack you? The ball python is the most docile and very shy breed of python, can't even eat big things. just finding an excuse to cook it.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by ogtavia(m): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jakumo:
This snake is an African Ball Python, and they are by nature very docile, meaning they NEVER strike at anything larger than the mice they eat.

Either the gentleman who posted this story lost in a fantasy world of grand heroics, or he is puny enough to have been mistaken for a mouse.
nice world play..you should watch big bang theory..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by porshuch: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lilimax:

Eke Idemili nwanne smiley
You dare not lay your hands on them in Anambra state.
They are not deadly!
such a peaceful creature.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by sinistermind(m): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
i smell lies, ball pythons are shy, they arent aggressive. so for it to attack you, is a blatant lie.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by sinistermind(m): 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
dollyjoy:
Hope you used it to prepare a nice meal?

Lalasticlala see your food ooo grin
i'd rather capture it and keep it as a pet. they are quite beautiful.
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by IYANGBALI: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lala junior
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by elsomm(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
No nah...this is not a snake. Why did you kill it? Its a Python. Like the species in Njaba, Imo State. Eke Njaba.

U must bury it like a human being. Give it three day full burial rites.

Chai...I dey vex now
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by elsomm(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Baroba:

If you are going to eat a snake; skin, eviscerate before cooking it..It looks like a young python, it could be a puff adder ( might be wrong) the skin texture and coloration looks different though..

Its most likely a Python. Njaba species. Njaba is in Imo State. Though the tail end that tapered suddenly and is short suggests puff adder but the body coloration, plumpness gives it away as a Python.

Some parts of Anambra also has that species and holds it sacred too.

OP where did u kill it? I mean state or locality? I really feel bad cos of what you did. I think you mistook whatever it did as an attack. Its a very gentle animal.

I'm so sad!
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by elsomm(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jakumo:
This snake is an African Ball Python, and they are by nature very docile, meaning they NEVER strike at anything larger than the mice they eat.

Either the gentleman who posted this story lost in a fantasy world of grand heroics, or he is puny enough to have been mistaken for a mouse.

Really @ African Ball Python. Thanks. I haven't heard that before.

I guess the name is from the behaviour of the Python when u touch it. It usually curls up like the millipede resembling a 'ball'. As kids then, we will stick in a pole inside the curl and carry it off. When we throw it away, we threw away the pole too. Because it is said, if you go back with the pole, the Python will return.

Its a very gentle animal. Goes for mice and other rodents. Sometimes chicken eggs laid out in its reach. So Op its either you are too small or wanted to entice Lala. Or you mistook whatever it did as an attack.

We also have a song for it.

We are Njaba people. Its sacred.

Though my tender feelings towards it now its not cos of the supposed sacredness but because its such a gentle animal. I abhor animal brutality.

Op u must accord it a befitting burial rites oooo

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by elsomm(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2016
africanusvu:
1.This is wat we cal Eke idemili.or ajuani.it is neva a violent nor poisonous snake.it only feed on rodents like rats and lizard.thats why it is always seem around homes pursuing rats.this is d type most african vilages revere and worship due to its gentle and non violent nature.it is cald dif names at dif places.

You're right. We call it eke Njaba

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by elsomm(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
AreaFada2:
@OP

This is royal python. That rolls into a ball (ball Python) when in danger, for safety.

Not really aggressive. Did it sense a rat or mouse near you?

Maybe Op third leg was on the move.
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by elsomm(m): 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2016
Ademolu2002:

It's called manamana in my dialect (Ibarapa). It's more active at night but you can pick it by hand in the day time. Very muscular and sweet snake.

Yes u can pick with your hand. But bro...no eating. Do not kill
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by EternalTruth: 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jakumo:

wow are you a zoologist
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by mrbillz(m): 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
elsomm:

Its most likely a Python. Njaba species. Njaba is in Imo State. Though the tail end that tapered suddenly and is short suggests puff adder but the body coloration, plumpness gives it away as a Python.

Some parts of Anambra also has that species and holds it sacred too.

OP where did u kill it? I mean state or locality? I really feel bad cos of what you did. I think you mistook whatever it did as an attack. Its a very gentle animal.

I'm so sad!
Well, maybe I will look closely next time if I have the time. Sorry this has gone already. Location is Akure
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by mrbillz(m): 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2016
elsomm:

Maybe Op third leg was on the move.
Lol. Who knows. This happened at night bro! So it's very difficult for me to know the species and can't wait till it strikes before I make a move. I'm not a animal scientist to know if it's a non venomous snake species. If I had the chance, will look closely next time. Sorry this one don go o
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by singledude(m): 12:53am On Nov 26, 2016
mrbillz:
For those shouting photoshop abi Photohouse you can use your glasses. No be only computer snake na mobile snake sad sad

You say u fear snake pass lion and yet you dey bring am into ur kitchen and holding it so comfortably? something ain't right here.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by Ghost447(m): 6:36am On Nov 26, 2016
Jakumo:

Yes, daytime they're docile, but not at night.
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by wokomabest(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
Jakumo:

very correct. It is a very gentle creature you can even hold it with your hands without been hurt. But this one has a different coloration
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by mrbillz(m): 11:51am On Nov 26, 2016
singledude:

You say u fear snake pass lion and yet you dey bring am into ur kitchen and holding it so comfortably? something ain't right here.
Guy I'm only holding a lifeless snake with no head or tail. Will it still strike when dead undecided undecided
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by SplendorWhite: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
The Storm promised to come back to the city of Benin and yes, we're back. This time we're offering *FREE DIGITAL TRAINING* to every young person that hits the link below.
We'll teach you how to build a blog, monetize your facebook and make money by doing what you know how to do best_using social media platforms.
Don't be left out, we're raising leaders, we're raising entrepreneurs and we're building nations. From the US all the way to Nigeria, we're breaking frontiers.

Join US :

The Storm 5992 platform link

https:///DoEp7Z1eMqFF2WU2spLWfr
Re: See The Snake I Killed Tonight In My House by WestPaidAMG(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
pweetixandy:
op why u lying, why dafuq u lying, hmmm oh my God, stop fuqqing lying!!

computer snake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Earthquake Causes Panic In Bayelsa And Rivers States / Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) / Calabar Boy Generates Power From Butter Containers & Damaged Solar Panels (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.