Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria (519 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh / What I Spotted During The Pro Buhari Rally In Lagos / Breaking: The President Is Already On His Way Back To London. See Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 4:02am On Nov 25, 2016
[size=14pt]For Nigeria I Stand[/size]

This is where I will be exchanging ideas with you as a citizen of our great country Nigeria. I am preparing to make you as a Nigerian, someone that citizens of other nations will consider fortunate.

Please be part of this process by offering your opinion in a civic manner worthy of a State Man because you too may soon be in the position where others look up to you for leadership on a larger scale than you may be doing today. We must start preparing now. For that preparation I am here too because there is so much to learn from you and others who join in here .

I will be stating my vision and promises in future posts. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST. Don't join impossibility thinkers- people who only see hopelessness. However do offer your candid opinion to help my thoughts.

I AM STILL LEARNING AND WILL ALWAYS BE A LEARNER OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS. THAT'S WHY I AM HERE.
However, understand that if someone doesn't agree with you, that doesn't mean he or she is saying your argument lacks merit, it just means you both see things differently. One of the habits of highly effective communicators and successful people generally is seeking to understand the other person first before seeking to be understood. Let's do that here and we all will learn and become better, being ready to make Nigeria the global giant she is obviously meant to be.

[size=14pt]There is hope for you and I in Nigeria. Together we shall make this nation a place where great dreams come true- yours and mine.[/size]
Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 4:40am On Nov 25, 2016
[size=14pt]WHO AM I? [/size]

I am just like majority of those who will be reading my posts here: extraordinary ordinary Nigerians. Extraordinary because we are more than this, with great potentials lock up within us, yearning for a release. Ordinary in the sense of not being a political elite though passionate about Nigeria getting things right and getting right things done.

We have voted for experience before, thinking experience is the same as expertise but experienced people have failed us.

We have voted for people who seems to have the right CV before but CV didn't deliver.

I am someone who does not quite look like it but in me is a desire to see a new Nigeria emerge as a sane Super Power in the community of nations. I absolutely believe we are made for this.

HAVE I LEAD BEFORE?

Indeed. Everywhere I found myself, I am either selected as a leader, chosen to lead by unanimous vote, delegated to lead by a leader who will not be available or volunteering to lead when I see a need to be met.

I started leading in public institutions as a Prefect in the Secondary School 1997/98 set and I have continued to lead till today.

I almost always step up when something needs to be done and no one is officially chosen to take action- in the bus, in the classroom, in my compound etc. Leading, to me, is service. You will appreciate the last statement more when you realize that I am naturally an introvert who would prefer not to be seen.

TO ALLOW FOR UNBIASED DISCUSSIONS, I HAVE LEFT SOME SPECIFICS OUT. I WANT US TO FOCUS ON ISSUES FOR NOW. WHEN THE TIME IS RIPE, YOU WILL KNOW OTHER DETAILS.
Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 4:59am On Nov 25, 2016
[size=14pt]MY PROPOSALS AND THOUGHTS [/size]

BUSINESSES, COMPANY TAX AND EMPLOYEE WELFARE

a) Removal of Financial Obstacles to Businesses

We were told that Nigeria is collecting one of the lowest tax rates. My responses are, "Must we compare our country with any other to decide what is good for us?" "Are companies happy with even the rate collected?"
It has also been said that many businesses are not paying tax and my response is, "What has the government done to make them feel indebted to pay tax?"
People who want to take risk to start businesses in Nigeria feel punished for making such a great decision by an extortionist's approach to governance we have continued to perpetrate even when the colonial oppressors left us alone physically.
Why should anyone pay a kobo for deciding to register a business in Nigeria? We must set our priorities right. When people start making money, we can easily collect whatever we need to.
The priority of my administration will be to remove all financial obstacles to starting a business in Nigeria and to increase the chances of small- and medium-sized businesses to succeed.
In fact, I want to make people happy to start businesses in Nigeria as well as pleasurably excited about paying taxes.
Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 5:11am On Nov 25, 2016
b) Employee Welfare

In many companies, employees are treated like commodities just like the computers and the shelves or even worse.
Studies have however shown that companies that treat their staff as their first customers get the best of results.

We will do a nation-wide promotion of information on building successful businesses with a win-win employee-employer relationship approach because most of the bad practises are due to lack of knowledge.

Together with the above, we will also see to the enforcement of labour laws as touching the welfare of employees all across the country.

Employees will no longer feel powerless when employers refuse to do what is right. Employers who are trying their best within available means need not be afraid anyway, so far the life and health of the employees are not put at risk.
Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by Atiku2019: 5:58am On Nov 25, 2016
cool cool

Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2016
Atiku2019:
cool cool

I believe it's high time we moved forward. How long will we keep recycling politicians.
I believe Nigerians really need a breeze of fresh air, a sense of a new beginning that will birth hope and help them commit to give be and do their best... My honest opinion.
Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2016
SPORTS

Apart from other things people already talk about, my administration will establish a new game with potential for global popularity and get interested Nigerians from all states of the Federation trained to be become club managers, coaches and officials, analysts, artists and product manufacturers etc in the United States, Canada, Europe and other parts of the world as the game grows.

This will help set the stage to make Nigeria the destination for annual global sport festivals revolving around this and other local games. In other words SPORT TOURISM TO NIGERIA will take on a new exciting meaning and will boost the Nigerian economy.

The economic impact of a Nigerian birthed global sport is enormous. It cuts across several industries in Nigeria from the manufacturing to real estates to communications, to tourism and hospitality, to media and entertainment and the list goes on.

I'm amazed that people are not talking about this. We just follow the rest of the world to do what they started. I don't think Nigerians are too dull to start something the whole world will celebrate.

Just imagine how many people football has made rich or providing income for today. Now imagine we have such opportunity to strategically position you as one of those in Nigeria.

We can do this. I believe we can.

... Others coming but you can share your thoughts.
Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
INCLUSION & UNITY

The agitation from the South-East and South South against the nation is very justified.
My government will not only take on a humane face to ensure the region gets what is due, it is my priority.

I believe the agitators will give me the opportunity to help them. We definitely need a political overhaul of Nigeria to achieve our best result and will start up the process immediately we resume to office.
Our end goal will be to ensure that 70% on any moneys made from any region in Nigeria stays in that region in a most productive form and indirectly beneficial to the whole nation.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The above can only be achieved with the support of the legislators, so if you want this done, only vote candidates that believe in this.

I believe that all regions of this nation can generate enough revenue to succeed if we get serious and there shall be no waste of time in getting this done if you vote the right legislators.
Re: What I Will Do For You As The President Of Nigeria by PresidentElect1: 11:00am On Nov 26, 2016
Ideas are not wanting. All we need are leaders who will be free enough to implement them- whose allegiances are only to God and to the people, to Nigeria.

** Share your opinion here please. I'm listening.**

(1) (Reply)

Reps Want Fuel Sold At N70 Per Litre / BREAKING: Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu / Super Falcons, Loser Government - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.