Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract (9607 Views)

Biafran Jews Mark 50 Years Since Failed Bid For Independence - Times Of Israel / List Of Firms Approved By NNPC To Lift Nigerian Crude For 2017/18 / How Makarfi Beat Sheriff In Bid For PDP Convention- The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by agwom(m): 5:48am On Nov 25, 2016
The gale of transparency in the operations of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was sustained on Thursday with the public opening of 224 bids submitted by companies seeking to purchase and lift Nigerian crude oil grades for the period 2016/2017.

Successful companies will participate in the lifting of about 700, 000 barrels per day of crude oil on offer by the NNPC on Free on Board (FOB) basis subject to the execution of sales and purchase agreement with buyers.

The event which was broadcast live on a national television network had in attendance representatives of the bidding companies and officials of the Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, NCDMB, and some members of the civil society as observers.

Speaking at the event, Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, said that the public bid opening was in consonance with the transparency and accountability agenda of Mr. President in the oil and gas industry.

''We do everything transparently in NNPC and also ensure fairness in all the transactions that we do; there is nothing that is hidden just as you have seen today,” Baru stated.

He indicated that the exercise was targeted at getting competitive bids from refiners, and also big traders, as well as companies that have made substantial investment in the oil and gas industry particularly in the downstream sub-sector in Nigeria.

The GMD dismissed insinuation that Nigerian crude grades were receiving low patronage in the international market noting that the demand for Nigerian crude remained high because of its low sulphur content.

The 26 Nigerian crude oil grades on offer include: Bonny Light, Forcados Blend, EA Blend, Bonga, Qua Iboe Light, Yoho Blend, Erha and Escravos Light. Others are: Pennington Light, Agbami, Brass Blend, Abo, Oyo, Okono Blend, Amenam Blend, Akpo Condensate and Usan. The rest include: Atam Blend, Okwori, Okoro, Ima, Ukpokiti, Obe, Okwuibome, Ebok and Asaratoru

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/224-firms-bid-for-nigerian-crude-oil-contract/173151.html#423oKEzPLdCTLA34.99

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by saintgoogle(m): 5:55am On Nov 25, 2016
k
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by Atiku2019: 6:05am On Nov 25, 2016
My Boss Atiku when you become the President of Nigeria please elevate Ibe Kachikwu to become the Minister Of Petroleum Resources he is a dedicated and Hard Working Man wink

#Atiku2019

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by tysontim(m): 6:29am On Nov 25, 2016
Which one is Okoro Blend,?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by GossipHeart(m): 8:58am On Nov 25, 2016

I wish Nigeria would be colonized again

Our so called old head leaders are running this country to the ground

Obasanjo sold Phcn and Coca cola

Obasanjo handed over a very oil rich Bakassi peninsula to the Cameroonian government for free

Sometimes, i don't care if Nigerians are suffering or going into recession, why would a young man who suppose to be the future of this amazing country vote for an old man who is still stuck in the 1920's

Buhari wants to sell 224 oil firms to white men (our only source of income) they want us to be slaves in our own land while their kids are in USA and UK swallowing our money

I wish Nigeria would be colonized again so we can be sensible enough to allow our young youths to start running the affairs of this country instead of having a 90 year old man who still lives in the past to run this amazing golden country

18 Likes

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 25, 2016
off topic...

I spent the whole week replaying the mega Match between Brock Lesnar and Goldberg at Survivor series last Sunday....

I can't still believe Goldberg takes out the beast in just 26 seconds.

I was expecting a more better and bloody match where blood would be spilled on the ring and bones would be broken.... but Goldberg shocked the world....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2016
They will give it to companies fronting for Northern elite.
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by aminho(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2016
Make them bid now oo!before them go later talk say they are marginalized

1 Like

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by deedondavi(m): 9:03am On Nov 25, 2016
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by Bashirfuntua(m): 9:03am On Nov 25, 2016
Kwankwaso 2019
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by fuckhead: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2016
Them don start again...at the end na still the same thing ... Put your trust in a naija politiCian at your own risks...anything they do is for a reason ...their selfish reason of course ...
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by georgen2u(m): 9:04am On Nov 25, 2016
Biafran oil, Every name sounds familiar

1 Like

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by AdeniyiA(m): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2016
I hope those with " born to rule" mentality won't hijack and allocate everything to themselves again.
I trust the Niger deltan to blow the hell out of them all...

3 Likes

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by Standing5(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Are we trying to involve marketters in the sales of crude? I hope another subsidy-like scam doesn't come up.
Even though it sounds like a good strategy on paper, I have my doubts about its execution.
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by revolt(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2016
so finally the real reason GEJ had to go. Oil blocks.
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by Next2Bezee(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2016
''We do everything transparently in NNPC and also ensure fairness in all the transactions that we do; there is nothing that is hidden just as you have seen today,"

Do these guys know no shame? The corporation is just as corrupt and stupid as its government counterparts.

One day our country will be great again, we already have great people..just need to stop giving power to these old coots.

Now instead of some Nigerians to learn they are already singing #Atiku2019...another old coot. God will not let them sidetrack these country again.

1 Like

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2016
Bro Coca-Cola is a private coy just like Pepsi and as for the 224 firms the conditions were stringent and listed on nnpcgroup.com. They are not selling or buying oil wells, they are mere brokers selling to high end buyers and refineries. If you have all it takes to participate you can also.
GossipHeart:

Obasanjo handed over a very oil rich Bakassi peninsula to the Cameroonian government for free

Buhari wants to sell 224 oil firms to white men (our only source of income) they want us to be slaves in our own land while their kids are in USA and UK swallowing our money

I wish Nigeria would be colonized again so we can be sensible enough to allow our young youths to start running the affairs of this country instead of having a 90 year old man who still lives in the past to run this amazing golden country

10 Likes

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by olapete112: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2016
They just want to chop and clean mouth
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by kolnel: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2016
Same story
I hope the economy improves not just story alone
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by GossipHeart(m): 9:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Ideasconsortium:
Bro Coca-Cola is a private coy just like Pepsi and as for the 224 firms the conditions were stringent and listed on nnpcgroup.com. They are not selling or buying oil wells, they are mere brokers selling to high end buyers and refineries. If you have all it takes to participate you can also.

Coca cola is a private company ??

Let me not pull the trigger on you

1 Like

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by wildchild1: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2016
Highest bidder

Check my signature
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by youngice(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Loool
Nigerian government, the more you look the less you see, A friend bought the federal tenders magazine to buy some tenders in lieu of the federal PPP arrangement after all the lobbying we found out that just like in GEJs regime you have to "pre-book" the tender before it is even published in the magazine
Nigeria I hail thee

2 Likes

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by lordm(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2016
tysontim:
Which one is Okoro Blend,?
me self tire

1 Like

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by bareal(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
GossipHeart:

Sometimes, i don't care if Nigerians are suffering or going into recession, why would a young man who suppose to be the future of this amazing country vote for an old man who is still stuck in the 1920's

Nice song! I like the title...
I Wish Nigeria Would Be Colonised Again.
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by jeeqaa7(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2016
anoda avenue for looting
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by sakalisis(m): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2016
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by kedeojo(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2016
Ideasconsortium:
don't mind him cos he is an educated illetrate. I feel sorry for him if he actually couldn't understant that simple english. I keep on saying it that many youth are worser than our elders. What a pity he couldn't understand and he and his likes will be insulting the president of not educated.

5 Likes

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by petrelli07: 9:30am On Nov 25, 2016
GossipHeart:

Coca cola is a private company ??

Let me not pull the trigger on you

Bros pls... Wat uni did u attend? Is coca cola a govt owned enterprise?

3 Likes

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by kedeojo(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2016
Ideasconsortium:
don't mind him cos he is an educated illetrate. I feel sorry for him if he actually couldn't understant that simple english. I keep on saying it that many youth are worser than our elders. What a pity he couldn't understand and he and his likes will be insulting the president of not educated. This type of people when they apply for job and couldn't get it, they will tag it has lack of no connection and they used tribalism to give out not knowing he may not be able to even arranged a well package CV.

1 Like

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by careersome: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2016
competition everywhere***

Are you a student or graduate looking for an internship in Nigeria? Would you like to connect, network and share information, ideas and knowledge with others like you? Then email your phone number to withus@careersome.com and you will be added to a whatsapp group.
thank you.
Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by alex2242(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Next2Bezee:
''We do everything transparently in NNPC and also ensure fairness in all the transactions that we do; there is nothing that is hidden just as you have seen today,"

Do these guys know no shame? The corporation is just as corrupt and stupid as its government counterparts.

One day our country will be great again, we already have great people..just need to stop giving power to these old coots.

Now instead of some Nigerians to learn they are already singing #Atiku2019...another old coot. God will not let them sidetrack these country again.

Please help me tell those fools shouting atiku 2019....why would a reasonable Nigerian even abhor the thought of voting in anoda buhari...Nigeria is really messed up.

2 Likes

Re: 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract by PaulIdu: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2016
petrelli07:

Bros pls... Wat uni did u attend? Is coca cola a govt owned enterprise?

I think he means the Nigerian Bottling company and not Coca cola per say ..NBC has the Franchise to bottle coca col in Nigeria but I don't know if it was ever get owned at any point in time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Seeks ECOWAS Support To End Herdsmen Crisis / Reps Probe CBN, FIRS, Others Over $30bn Revenue Leakages From Forex Allocation / Police Offers N50m Reward For Information On Escaped Madalla Bomb Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.