Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,045 members, 7,956,893 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate (18309 Views)

Eugene Anenih: 7 Things You Need To Know About Late Son Of PDP Chieftain / Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Dahiru Saleh: "I Annulled June 12 Election, Not IBB" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by abdul4new(m): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2016
ok
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by slurryeye: 9:26am On Nov 25, 2016
Their generation wronged us, they messed things up big time, and they are still ruling us messing things up the more
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by linusbnn(m): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2016
saintgoogle:
mashood kashimawo olawale abiola
the best president (we never had)

like to wish him rip
share for afonja

Same we would have said if PMB has not won the last election.
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by armadeo(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2016
Keep

1 Like

Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by morbeta(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2016
The man is hallucinating.....
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by addlogg(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigerians should keep dwelling on the past while they ignore the present and the future approaches without warning.
am certain some mofos won't perceive ur plight even if wisdom, knowledge and understanding rape them repeatedly. sha leave them to keep dwelling on dia past and start making corrections
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by danidee10(m): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2016
Bashirfuntua:
Kwankwaso 2019 kwankwasiya amana

Are you okay
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:56am On Nov 25, 2016
THE OP IS ANINI THE ROBBER AND THE WRITER OF THE BOOK IS ANENIH..THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT OLD FOOL ..POLITICAL ASHEWO STILL WANT COLLECT PUBLIC LAUNCHING YOU WILL KPUFF ONLY UR FAMILY GO REMEMBER U..BUT MKO THE WHOLE OF AFRICA WRITES ABOUT HOW YOU ALL STOLE HIS MANDATE AND KILLED HIM....AS 4 D OP I HAVE 4GIVEN U I KNOW HUNGER PUSHED U BUT DONT DO IT AGAIN..
Ahmadgani:
After more than two decades of silence
over the annulment of the 1993
presidential election, former
chairman, Board of Trustees of the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and
National Chairman of the then Social
Democratic Party (SDP), Chief Tony
Anenih, has opened up in a new book
to be launched in Abuja tomorrow.

Despite the secrecy veiling its content,
the planning committee for the launch
gave an insight yesterday, saying the
political class should “update itself on
the story of intrigues at the highest
level, as told by one of the unique
players.”

Sealed lips greeted every effort to get
snippets of the role the PDP chieftain
played as contained in the book; his
aides kept insisting the details would
be made public tomorrow.

When The Guardian called Anenih, he
was not available for comments.
The Edo-born politician has been
criticised in the past for not opening
up on events leading to the annulment
and alleged usurpation of the mandate
of presidential candidate and
billionaire businessman, Chief M.K.O
Abiola, maintaining a silence that has
infuriated many.

Former military president, Ibrahim
Babangida, on June 23, 1993, while
late Abiola was believed to be cruising
to victory, announced annulment of
the election, said to be the freest and
fairest in the history of the country.

Babangida’s move culminated in the
end of his stay in power, throwing the
country into political turmoil that led
to the emergence of General Sanni
Abacha.

Information from the planning
committee stated that Anenih “has
opened up on how the bid by the
political class to reclaim the now
infamous June 12 mandate was
thwarted by the late Head of State,
General Sani Abacha.”

The committee said further: “In his
autobiography, titled, “My Life and
Nigerian Politics”, billed for public
presentation at the International
Conference Centre in Abuja on
Saturday (tomorrow), Anenih’s
narrative captures the various political
events and developments that
culminated in how Abiola won the
presidential election, how the outcome
of the election was annulled midway
by the military government of General
Ibrahim Babangida and how the
Interim National Government (ING),
set up with Chief Ernest Shonekan as
head to conduct another presidential
election, was overthrown by Abacha.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/anenih-opens-up-on-abiolas-annulled-june-12-mandate/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by sashash(m): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
Funny how you lecture someone about history when your not stating the facts.Abiola NEVER contested for gov of Ogun state ,he had beef with Awo because he was in Npn while Awo was Upn its all politics.nobody is claiming he is a saint but he is the symbol of democracy in Nigeria because he won the best election ever conducted in this country .get your facts straight sir
balash:

How old are you? Am so certain you were probably still a kid when Abiola contested or you were plainly part of the stomach infrastructure scheme he built his fake ass popularity on.

Best we never had my black bumbum

This ur fake ass M.K.O was part of the problem Nigeria is facing now, he used his wealth to upsurge the elderly leaders plans on a good governance for the average Nigerians, Go find an elderly man and ask him what M.K.O Abiola did to the likes of Obafemi Awolowo and Olabisi Onabanjo Because he was told he should Chill on his aspiration on been the Governor of Ogun state then. Go and study your history
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by loopmangoat(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
An afonja anenih betrayed his fellow afonja abiola
Afonja anenih is hungry so he had to publish this book
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by oluwadeeboi(m): 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
I don't know if I gained anything from reading this piece.. BTW.. U sound like a publicist for the book not yet launched
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
Bashirfuntua:
Kwankwaso 2019 kwankwasiya amana
Is he interested in 2019?
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by balash(m): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2016
sashash:
Funny how you lecture someone about history when your not stating the facts.Abiola NEVER contested for gov of Ogun state ,he had beef with Awo because he was in Npn while Awo was Upn its all politics.nobody is claiming he is a saint but he is the symbol of democracy in Nigeria because he won the best election ever conducted in this country .get your facts straight sir

Reading and understanding happens to be a very important factor you should learn to imbibe before you quote anyone with your cock and bull stories, Nobody said he contested, don't you understand the difference between he wasn't allow to contest under UPN symbol for Governorship position? And he contested?

Do you even know why he left UPN to join NPN Then? Go back to your history books my brother
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by Mrfrank22(m): 4:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
clevadani:
This guy is a criminal. He and his gang ensured that Edo State and Nigeria remain backwards.

Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by lolamitayo: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
Baba were
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by sashash(m): 4:18am On Nov 26, 2016
I repeat he was never in the upn .never had a guber ambition.perhaps you need to understand yourself bro[ quote author=balash post=51359560]

Reading and understanding happens to be a very important factor you should learn to imbibe before you quote anyone with your cock and bull stories, Nobody said he contested, don't you understand the difference between he wasn't allow to contest under UPN symbol for Governorship position? And he contested?

Do you even know why he left UPN to join NPN Then? Go back to your history books my brother[/quote]
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by alen4smith(m): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2016
Freedom2016:
Beautiful couple
Anenih...83 yrs Wife...23 yrs
power of money
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by balash(m): 7:55am On Nov 26, 2016
sashash:
I repeat he was never in the upn .never had a guber ambition.perhaps you need to understand yourself bro[ quote author=balash post=51359560]

Do you even know why he left UPN to join NPN Then? Go back to your history books my brother

My brother!! He actually wanted to be the Ogun governor and he went to Obafemi Awolowo but the man told him he was still too young and wealth doesn't mean you can be a good leader. That was the fight between them so he instead went to NPN and supported them with cash to upsurge UPN! More like he betrayed his tribe because of his aspiration.. Get ur fact right
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by sashash(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
Abiola made his money during the Gowon era via ITT n all ..he joined politics during the 2nd rep .A military contractor will obviously join a pro military party NPN.R u aware he wanted to contest for president while SIMBI contested for senate.facts my broda
balash:

My brother!! He actually wanted to be the Ogun governor and he went to Obafemi Awolowo but the man told him he was still too young and wealth doesn't mean you can be a good leader. That was the fight between them so he instead went to NPN and supported them with cash to upsurge UPN! More like he betrayed his tribe because of his aspiration.. Get ur fact right
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by balash(m): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2016
sashash:
Abiola made his money during the Gowon era via ITT n all ..he joined politics during the 2nd rep .A military contractor will obviously join a pro military party NPN.R u aware he wanted to contest for president while SIMBI contested for senate.facts my broda

My brother, he was initially with UPN, he wasn't popular so he was modest, the fact that he wasn't allowed to fly the flag of the Party made him leave, A yoruba man with UPN symbol won't go join the northerners immediately, those days people are way way tribalistic, yoruba for UPN, Hausa for NPN
Re: Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate by sashash(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2016
Actually NPN had lots of yoruba people Akinloye,Coker,Adeniran Ogunsanya even Olusola Saraki.2nd rep politics was less tribalistic* compared to the 1st rep bro
balash:

My brother, he was initially with UPN, he wasn't popular so he was modest, the fact that he wasn't allowed to fly the flag of the Party made him leave, A yoruba man with UPN symbol won't go join the northerners immediately, those days people are way way tribalistic, yoruba for UPN, Hausa for NPN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atikus Persistence Could Ignite Fresh Desire For Justice At The Court- Dr Olufon / Governor Zulum: Boko Haram Still Existing Strongly In Borno / Abubakar Momoh: Niger Deltans Have No Cause To Protest Against Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.