Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... (3446 Views)

Dr. Ify Aniebo: If You Eat Gala In Nigeria I Feel Bad For You / How To Prepare Gala Snacks In Nigeria / Woman Keeps Changing Expiry Date Of Gala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by melop: 8:53am On Nov 25, 2016
Arguably, Nigeria's most loyal brand over the past few years appears to have "caved in to market forces". Gala had been sold for N50 over the years irrespective of the economic situation, but I went to buy my precious gala few days ago, and was told it's now sold for N70, cry cry cry

Things are really getting tough for the poor masses in this country, I wonder why a lot of people at the top refuses to genuinely identify with this. I mean, I could still afford gala and those of us on nairaland could still afford data, but there are actually people that can barely afford to buy garri to eat once a day! This is the REALITY on ground!
I know families in my neighbourhood that has been living off debts over the past couple of months. The profit margin in their businesses has been shrinking, while cost of living has been increasing. How are they supposed to survive?
Meanwhile, somewhere at this very moment, a "politician" is probably scheming on how to buy more multi-million naira car or collect bogus allowances on public funds. Sometimes, I wonder why this people are just so heartless? Is there really god watching this? I mean, a simple low key walk into our inner cities and rural areas will expose to any human being the kind of sufferings people are going through. But of course, majority of them knows, they just chose to seal their hearts and look the other way, so long as they could fill their pockets.
Honestly, I have thought about this many times and still don't even have a foolproof solution. The system is just so messed up. Where will our help come from? We can't just give up still. We must do something!
Meanwhile, on behalf of all Gala loving Nigerians, I plead with Uac foods to reconsider and continue their sacrifice in solidarity with the suffering Nigerians. I hope this message gets to the appropriate quarters.

3 Likes

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by dunkem21(m): 8:56am On Nov 25, 2016
Lalasticlala, this deserves FP as it touches everyone cool

1 Like

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by iykebest1(m): 8:59am On Nov 25, 2016
me too. I ve lost hope in everything. gala bet y?

1 Like

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:20am On Nov 25, 2016
Gala #70 ke.... I still buy #50 o...... Thought the reduction in size was to compensate for not increasing d price

Anyway, still #50 in my area

1 Like

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by greatgod2012(f): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2016
I really feel for the low income earners in this country. Things are hard, very hard for everyone, except the very few ones who might probably be politicians or directly related to them.

But the most unfortunate part of it all is that nobody is talking, everyone keeps quiet as if all is well.

The level of our suffering and smiling in this country is highly ridiculous and that is the major reasons these politicians are taking us for granted.

******sigh****

2 Likes

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by BEENUEL(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
[size=15pt]All this things is hyping, I'm very sure the Manufacturers did this in the name of recession... just to level up with the trend. SMH undecided undecided undecided[/size]
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 25, 2016
greatgod2012:
I really feel for the low income earners in this country. Things are hard, very hard for everyone, except the very few ones who might probably be politicians or directly related to them.

But the most unfortunate part of it all is that nobody is talking, everyone keeps quiet as if all is well.

The level of our suffering and smiling in this country is highly ridiculous and that is the major reasons these politicians are taking us for granted.

******sigh****
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by greatgod2012(f): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2016
BEENUEL:
[size=15pt]All this thing is hyping, I'm very sure the Manufacturers did this in the name of recession... just to level up with the trend. SMH[/size]

Did I read well?

Is this post coming from a Nigerian living in Nigeria?

When there is increase in the cost of raw materials, transportation, fuel to power machines, etc, why won't be increase in the price of the finished goods?

We need to be honest with ourselves please.

2 Likes

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by BEENUEL(m): 9:45am On Nov 25, 2016
greatgod2012:

Did I read well?

Is this post coming from a Nigerian living in Nigeria?

When there is increase in the cost of raw materials, transportation, fuel to power machines, etc, why won't be increase in the price of the finished goods?

We need to be honest with ourselves please.

[size=14pt]I concur with your points ma'am, but with the above plot,it was #50 before #20 was added. I think it's hype... for real, because they can always put in #7 for a start. #IMO[/size]
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by wayne4loan: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2016
Buhari why?
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by potbelly(m): 11:09am On Nov 25, 2016
I swear! cry

1 Like

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by femo86(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Things aint working out fine in Nigeria at the moment...

Mehn, I pity the low income earners and the unemployed...It is well

Baba God Abeg pick the calls of your people oooo
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by greatgod2012(f): 11:44am On Nov 25, 2016
BEENUEL:

[size=14pt]I concur with your points ma'am, but with the above plot,it was #50 before #20 was added. I think it's hype... for real, because they can always put in #7 for a start. #IMO[/size]

My brother, no hype anywhere. It is the running cost, cost of raw materials and other costs relating to manufacturing and distribution that determines selling price. The price of every commodity has tripled. Even when the price of gala hasn't been increased, the size and the quality of the sausage roll has been greatly reduced.

The recession is really real mehn.

3 Likes

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by udysweet(f): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
Honestly things are really getting out of hand now, I fear for coming days. I just that my case is different and that of my loved ones too. Though last week when I took my dad to the clinic and needed to get him something to chew before we head back home, I came across one gala written Mega on it. I'm sure that would be 100naira. It's quite big and then the Mega written on it . I think I'll prefer to buy that than this old size for 70naira
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Tynasparks(f): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
Heart broken
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Vicboi1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
does Nigeria really have a future? i just bought the 70naira gala just now i just wish that God kill all this politicians that are making the masses suffer
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
Aww, I'm sorry about that.
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by nuelzy: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2016
me buy gala #70 dem neva born dem well...all those hawking gala and soft drink for my side don desert d business...remaining ones just selling only soft drinks...

it makes no sense...just reduce d size nd leave d price..

wrong business move...

take for instance...2 pieces of gala is now worth #140....add #60 to it.. and i will buy myself mama ejima's delicious rice with banga stew and better kpomo to go with it

1 Like

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by youngsahito(m): 12:17am On Nov 28, 2016
yet some st**id people will be saying sai baba 2019.d thunder that will strike all of u is warming up in d aky

1 Like

Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by melop: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Thanks for the contributions guys. For unknown reasons, I wasn't allowed to post anything here for a while now. Glad to be back smiley
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by melop: 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Gala #70 ke.... I still buy #50 o...... Thought the reduction in size was to compensate for not increasing d price

Anyway, still #50 in my area

Are U still buying the N50 bro? Is like I be relocating to ur area soon
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
melop:

Are U still buying the N50 bro? Is like I be relocating to ur area soon

Ifahear.... Even *slim sexy superbite* is now #60..... N annoying part I think z big cola adding #20, didn't believe t when I first heard t

However, I think with d reduction in d size of s gala, they shouldn't have still gone ahead to increase d price..

By d way, do u know that flat eraser is now #15?
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by melop: 7:05am On Dec 10, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

Ifahear.... Even *slim sexy superbite* is now #60..... N annoying part I think z big cola adding #20, didn't believe t when I first heard t

However, I think with d reduction in d size of s gala, they shouldn't have still gone ahead to increase d price..

By d way, do u know that flat eraser is now #15?

You see what am saying... I haven't bought eraser lately, but I can tell you that the regular BIC pen is now sold for 40 to 50 naira in my area. We are doomed! sad
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by melop: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
Mods, Lalasticlala, Seun, abeg make people weigh in on this via homepage
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Esetim(f): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
Things just keep going from bad to worse. God help your children.
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
melop:

You see what am saying... I haven't bought eraser lately, but I can tell you that the regular BIC pen is now sold for 40 to 50 naira in my area. We are doomed! sad

Looooooooooooooooooooool, I'm telling u... Just hoping for the best fa
Re: Gala Finally Breaks My Heart... by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
ORIJIN201:
Ehn Enh? didn't know o... taught you live in Detroit... When you go dey do like Agbero. grin you know d meaning of Agbero?

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Smooth Face Using Tumeric / Instant Jollof Rice For Our Lazy Women / PHOTO >> See Britains-biggest-burger- Ever Make ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.