Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project (57273 Views)

A Nigerian Student Uses Garri As Cake To Celebrate His Birthday. VIDEO / Throwback Photo Of Falz As A Kid / Falz As A Corper At Ministry Of Justice, Lagos (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by Acidosis(m): 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
leighcon:
Oga, I'm not a neophyte, I studied in social science and that was more than a decade ago. You failed to explain the differences but I know and will tell you. She researched (studied) Language use in the Entertainment Industry, but used the instance of Falz (case). If the research was The Unique use of Accent by Falz in the Entertainment Industry, this may not require a case study approach, because it is particular in nature. You need a Case when you're researching something very broad like in this case.

You're good?

Please read the excerpt (from Wikipedia) I posted.

I understand your point but it doesn't apply to the differences between a Case and a Case Study.
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by leighcon(m): 1:02am On Nov 26, 2016
I did not see any Wiki posted, but I'm posting excerpts of what I found on Wikipedia for knowledge sake.

A case study is about a person, group, or situation that has been studied over time.[1] If the case study, for instance, is about a group, it describes the behavior of the group as a whole, not the behavior of each individual in the group.

Case studies can be produced by following a formal research method. These case studies are likely to appear in formal research venues, as journals and professional conferences, rather than popular works. The resulting body of 'case study research' has long had a prominent place in many disciplines and professions, ranging from psychology, anthropology, sociology, and political science to education, clinical science, social work, and administrative science.[2][3]

In doing case study research, the "case" being studied may be an individual, organization, event, or action, existing in a specific time and place. For instance, clinical science has produced both well-known case studies of individuals and also case studies of clinical practices.[4][5][6] However, when "case" is used in an abstract sense, as in a claim, a proposition, or an argument, such a case can be the subject of many research methods, not just case study research.

Thomas[7] offers the following definition of case study:

"Case studies are analyses of persons, events, decisions, periods, projects, policies, institutions, or other systems that are studied holistically by one or more method. The case that is the subject of the inquiry will be an instance of a class of phenomena that provides an analytical frame — an object — within which the study is conducted and which the case illuminates and explicates."

According to J. Creswell, data collection in a case study occurs over a "sustained period of time."[8]

One approach sees the case study defined as a research strategy, an empirical inquiry that investigates a phenomenon within its real-life context. Case-study research can mean single and multiple case studies, can include quantitative evidence, relies on multiple sources of evidence, and benefits from the prior development of theoretical propositions.[3] As such, case study research should not be confused with qualitative research, as case studies can be based on any mix of quantitative and qualitative data. Similarly, single-subject research might be taken as case studies of a sort, except that the repeated trials in single-subject research permit the use of experimental designs that would not be possible in typical case studies. At the same time, the repeated trials can provide a statistical framework for making inferences from quantitative data.[9]

The case study is sometimes mistaken[by whom?] for the case method used in teaching, but the two are not the same.

Acidosis:

Please read the excerpt (from Wikipedia) I posted.

I understand your point but it doesn't apply to the differences between a Case and a Case Study.
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by djlakeside(m): 5:57am On Nov 26, 2016
How come she didn't meet Falz in the course of writing the project?
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by redcliff: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2016
leighcon:

Not in this case sir, this is a study of Language use in the Entertainment Industry and the case study is Falz

Oga the thesis is wrong in every ramification. You cannot do something like this abroad and go scott free. You must repeat it. Al the tenets of a grounded esearch was disregarded. Its obvious this gyal just wrote a story book amd did not interview falz. As you can see the 'storybook' is already in a finished state.
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by buharimustlive: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
kinzation:

see sir weyrey ....u b God?
geraraere mehn...
fvck out my comment...if u don't have anything to say..#slams the comment door

Asshole
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by leighcon(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
More like you did not grasp that we're on the same page. I was correcting the fellow who wrote that this was not a case study.

I really couldn't phantom the kind of research done without getting in touch with the researched subject.

redcliff:

Oga the thesis is wrong in every ramification. You cannot do something like this abroad and go scott free. You must repeat it. Al the tenets of a grounded esearch was disregarded. Its obvious this gyal just wrote a story book amd did not interview falz. As you can see the 'storybook' is already in a finished state.
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by redcliff: 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
leighcon:
More like you did not grasp that we're on the same page. I was correcting the fellow win wrote that this was not a case study.

I really couldn't phantom the kind of research done without getting on touch with the researched subject.

Sorry about that then ..i did not follow ur history
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by kinzation(m): 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
Buharimustdie:

Asshole
asshole a definition of who you are
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by buharimustlive: 8:25am On Nov 27, 2016
kinzation:

asshole a definition of who you are

U mean your parents?
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by kinzation(m): 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Buharimustdie:

U mean your parents?
trading words with u doesn't make any sense cos you're just childish...a suckling,wivout a better hope for the future...
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by kinzation(m): 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Buharimustdie:

U mean your parents?
trading words with you won't make any sense..You're just a suckling wivout any hope for the future
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by buharimustlive: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinzation:
trading words with you won't make any sense..You're just a suckling wivout any hope for the future

Dude please get a life! You are completely footling to me, you ought not to be on this forum cos everything that comes out of your shitty skull is dope..

You are a retarded dumb scum I have less time for people like you.
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by kinzation(m): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Buharimustdie:

Dude please get a life! You are completely footling to me, you ought not to be on this forum cos everything that comes out of your shitty skull is dope..

You are a retarded dumb scum I have less time for people like you.
Useless SCUMBAG
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by buharimustlive: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinzation:

Useless SCUMBAG

Dope niffy piggy....
Re: Student Uses Falz As A Case Study For Her Project by hrhbae: 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
benzems:
Dance for her and falz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dids1L67ts
no be saheed be Dat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Slay Differently" - Regina Daniels Slays In New Photos / Yusuf Adebisi Wins Oyo Assembly Seat (Taiye Currency’s 25-year-Old Son) / Nina Richie's Revealing Dress To AFRIMA Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.