Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? (1255 Views)

The San Antonio Express-news And Others Reported (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
Where are those parading this man as a Nigerian and feeding us with lies?.

As of today European news has it that Antonio Fernandez was actually original from Spain and he had no children of his own,but many nieces and nephews,he was the founder of coroner beer.

Enough of all those Nigerian b.s that we were fed on about him.

Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
undecided

Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by warrenweste(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2016
Am.sure your not talking about oladiende Antonio Fernandez

2 Likes

Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
warrenweste:
Am.sure your not talking about oladiende Antonio Fernandez

I guess we are talking of same man bro.
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by warrenweste(m): 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
euromilion:

I guess we are talking of same man bro.

Oladiende had kids and he's a full fledged Nigerian..
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by ajokebelle(f): 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
The man is a Nigerian , may be you need to read about him very well, his kids have nigerian names and his wife/partner at the time of his death was an Hausa/fulani woman, some even believe he is richer than dangote.
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
warrenweste:

Oladiende had kids and he's a full fledged Nigerian..

Bros can you prove it?

The attached news is verifiable,but the Nigerian part is unfounded,if you google him right now you will see many news outlets talking about him and his village in Spain,even BBC too.

No single mention of Nigeria and no kids too.
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by pato405(m): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
Reads more like one of those usual messaged sent on yahoo mails. undecided
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
ajokebelle:
The man is a Nigerian , may be you need to read about him very well, his kids have nigerian names and his wife/partner at the time of his death was an Hausa/fulani woman, some even believe he is richer than dangote.

Some South Americans bare Nigerian sounding names and even speak some Nigerian languages especially Yoruba,Igbo and Hausa due to the Portuguese/Spanish merchants that had dealings with the west Africans before the British rule.
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by ajokebelle(f): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
Fernandez was born in Lagos, Nigeria to the Fernandez family that originated from Brazil..

Antonio Oladeinde Fernandez (1936 – September 1, 2015) was a Nigerian Business magnate, Diplomat and Permanent Representative of Central African Republic to the United Nations.[1] He was considered one of the richest men in Africa.[2] In addition to a variety of other chieftaincy titles, he held the title of the Apesin Ola of the Egba clan of Yorubaland.
He was formerly married to Aduke Fernandez, whom he divorced in July 2003 following a £ 300m divorce suit in Scotland filled on July 1, 2003 by her counsel. Lord Brodie presided over the case. He was asked by Aduke through her counsel, Charles Macnair QC, to compel Chief Fernandez to pay her a lump sum of £ 5m and an allowance of £75,000 monthly for 3 years but the case was dismissed by the court.[6] She died in 2013.[7]
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
ajokebelle:
Fernandez was born in Lagos, Nigeria to the Fernandez family that originated from Brazil..

Antonio Oladeinde Fernandez (1936 – September 1, 2015) was a Nigerian Business magnate, Diplomat and Permanent Representative of Central African Republic to the United Nations.[1] He was considered one of the richest men in Africa.[2] In addition to a variety of other chieftaincy titles, he held the title of the Apesin Ola of the Egba clan of Yorubaland.

So I believed until today.
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by missjo(f): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
Really though, does anyone really care if he was a Nigerian?
Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
My bad guys,
I think there was another billionaire called Antonio Fernandez,sorry about that.

Re: Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? by porshuch: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
euromilion:
My bad guys,
I think there was another billionaire called Antonio Fernandez,sorry about that.
next time verify your news well before posting.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Question Of The Day: What Will You Do If You See These Guys Smacking Your Mother / African Mom Brain Resetting Mechanism / So Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.