Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! - Jobs/Vacancies (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! (297401 Views)

N-Power Lagos Thread / N Power TEACH Ekiti State Let's Meet Here / N Power Oyo State Let Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by R0LL0N(m): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
Onechoice:
Ope ooo, atlast!cheesy

Oga abeg no rise our BP o, ope what?
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by Onechoice(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
Agricman:
shocked weytin happen
Agricman:
shocked weytin happen
Israeljones:

kokoro dey ur head
AutosBay:

What happened?
R0LL0N:

Sorry o, so guyz haven't hearded that PMB is back in the country?cheesycheesycheesy. Please everybody, pardon me for the pranks, i did this to light our mood over the alert.
AutosBay:

What happened?
R0LL0N:

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by Darasimi16: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
May Allah help us. Alhamdulillah
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
BREAKING N-power Lagos
We are currently with the focal person, we shall get back to you soon.

2 Likes

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by mofeace: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ope lo yeru!
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by mofeace: 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
Abavo usi Djeri
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
mofeace:
Ope lo yeru!

What's the meaning
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by jekjustin: 4:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
Na go de allah
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by R0LL0N(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
How far with the meeting held with the focal person today?
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2017
N-power Lagos
SUMMARY OF THE NPOWER THREE MEMBERS MEETING WITH THE FOCAL PERSON MRS. OLUSOLA FALANA AT THE MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIR AND POVERTY ALLEVIATION (WAPA)
The meeting commences at exactly 1:00pm today at the office of WAPA. Mrs. Falana briefed us on the progress made so far regarding Npower Lagos state.
VERIFICATION: She told us out of 11000 that were shortlisted for this program in Lagos, only 7,264 shortlisted participant came out and were successfully verified
POSTING: Mrs. Falana told us posting of volunteer members in Lagos state has commence. She said all the list have been sent to all the ministry in charge which include;
SUBEB for Nteach (5000+)
Ministry of Agriculture for N agro
Ministry of health: N-health
Local Government: N-community.
She said for Nteach, those with NCE will b posted to primary school while graduates will be posted to secondary school. All n-teach corps members will be call for meeting at the SUBEB Maryland soonest. She lastly said everyone shall be posted close to his or her place of resident.
STIPENDS: Mrs. Falana confidently assured us that FG will pay Dec, Jan and Feb stipend to all verified Npower member in Lagos. However, Dec will not be given to us now but that FG will surely alert us before the end of the program. She said that is the way Government operate. She further told us that those having issues with account update and discrepancy in their documents submitted to the FG will not receive alert. Am eagerly expecting the list of those involved from Abuja has they have promised to send it to me. Please inform those involved to update their account.
GENERAL: Mrs. Falana told us Mr. Afolabi who is in charge of the funds initially promised all N-power members that stipend will be paid today 10th Feb, 2017. However due to contain by the Senate to probe social intervention program under Acting President Prof Yemi Oshibajo, the payment is delayed. He later said that since the president is in the country, all issues regarding N-power stipends shall be resolve and all verified members will be paid. She said we should ignore Mr. Laolu Akande's message, they have sent message to FG that posting is ongoing and that you will all be fully settle as far as payment is concern.
Closing: The meeting came to an end at exactly 2:10pm.
Presented by Felix on behalf of N-power volunteer corp members Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by Agricman: 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
Dammyloye seems to be a prophet right now. pls wat is our next and final step something that will be earth shaking not violence.
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by R0LL0N(m): 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
Agricman:
Dammyloye seems to be a prophet right now. pls wat is our next and final step something that will be earth shaking not violence.
Patient on or before 15th of March 2017
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by Agricman: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
R0LL0N:

Patient on or before 15th of March 2017
is that official, because e be say dem want to put us on a long thing again oooh(In 2 face's voice)
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 11:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
N-power Lagos
More on the meeting;.
Regarding those having issues, she told us the NPVN site is now open, but if there is any issue regarding that, we should call to inform her. She will channel it to the appropriate authority
I can confidently tell u d list is already there cos those officials have started calling their people to post them to their nearest location. A lady just called to confirm that, she was called by her uncle at subeb that the list is already with them

https://free.facebook.com/N-power-Lagos-1689066431383378/?refid=46&sld=eyJzZWFyY2hfc2lkIjoiNDc1M2Q5MjhmYWVlZjM0YTY1NTRiMGVmYTRlMjU3NjMiLCJxdWVyeSI6Ik5wb3dlciBMYWdvcyIsInNlYXJjaF90eXBlIjoiU2VhcmNoIiwic2VxdWVuY2VfaWQiOjE1Mjc3MzQwOCwicGFnZV9udW1iZXIiOjEsImZpbHRlcl90eXBlIjoiU2VhcmNoIiwiZW50X2lkIjoxNjg5MDY2NDMxMzgzMzc4LCJwb3NpdGlvbiI6MCwicmVzdWx0X3R5cGUiOjI3NH0%3D

1 Like

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by Joey101: 1:14am On Mar 11, 2017
I hope the probe by senate on social whatever is not another excuse to long things for us again.
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by Lakol: 3:49am On Mar 11, 2017
Autosbay.Plss as for those having issues on their NPVN profile. Wat will dey do, and hope it will not affect their posting and stipends. I checked my wife profile now and I see that the State of Origin is removed, though every other information is complete including the local govt of state of origin, acc no, acc BVN etc. Thanks for your effort and as for your elbow, more power to it, your effort and hope will not be in vain.
Indeed u are an activist.
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 6:28am On Mar 11, 2017
Lakol:
Autosbay.Plss as for those having issues on their NPVN profile. Wat will dey do, and hope it will not affect their posting and stipends. I checked my wife profile now and I see that the State of Origin is removed, though every other information is complete including the local govt of state of origin, acc no, acc BVN etc. Thanks for your effort and as for your elbow, more power to it, your effort and hope will not be in vain.
Indeed u are an activist.

Issues regarding missing local government & residence has been restored, as long as bank details are correct, no cause for alarm, would implore your check the npvn portal once a while for updates

1 Like

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 11, 2017
Wat autosbay shared is just a Dose of panadol to calm our head aches. dis issue will still linger longer Dan expected.
be well assured that d only time d senate probe is Wen a ministry needs d Senate signatures for more money Dan budgeted.
belive me Wen I tell u dat I Av worked wit service heads in Lagos here nd u dnt just go to its assembly to request for more money. (I.e if u r going there as service head, u go wit money. dis makes d house members look d other way. so dey in turn overlook reasons y u exceeded d budget, if nt it probe gets nastier, so to survive its 'probe' u Av to include their own money in ur budget.) dats hw it's done. so it means npower or S.i.f has outstretched it's budget, that's y dey on line to face d senate.

so d least dey can do is pay a month stipend In batches to calm d minds till senate calls dem for hearing. so u guys will probably nt get it even b4 15th.

take a drastic action nw....... let ur actions not words speaks. dey messed up Nigeria nw dey messing wit ur minds.
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by castel428: 10:04am On Mar 11, 2017
Exactly Dammy, I don't see anything worth celebrating from their meeting with the focal person, infact they ended up confusing us the more. They should tell us something we dnt know already, we all know they will pay us and mobilize us the way they paid other states but the question is WHEN. That is what i thought they went there to find out. Instead the woman tactically dodged the question and gave us elusive answer just to buy time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2017
dammyloye:
Wat autosbay shared is just a Dose of panadol to calm our head aches. dis issue will still linger longer Dan expected.
be well assured that d only time d senate probe is Wen a ministry needs d Senate signatures for more money Dan budgeted.
belive me Wen I tell u dat I Av worked wit service heads in Lagos here nd u dnt just go to its assembly to request for more money. (I.e if u r going there as service head, u go wit money. dis makes d house members look d other way. so dey in turn overlook reasons y u exceeded d budget, if nt it probe gets nastier, so to survive its 'probe' u Av to include their own money in ur budget.) dats hw it's done. so it means npower or S.i.f has outstretched it's budget, that's y dey on line to face d senate.

so d least dey can do is pay a month stipend In batches to calm d minds till senate calls dem for hearing. so u guys will probably nt get it even b4 15th.

take a drastic action nw....... let ur actions not words speaks. dey messed up Nigeria nw dey messing wit ur minds.

Why didn't you follow us to Alausa, you dey your parlour dey type rubbish
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 10:56am On Mar 11, 2017
castel428:
Exactly Dammy, I don't see anything worth celebrating from their meeting with the focal person, infact they ended up confusing us the more. They should tell us something we dnt know already, we all know they will pay us and mobilize us the way they paid other states but the question is WHEN. That is what i thought they went there to find out. Instead the woman tactically dodged the question and gave us elusive answer just to buy time.

Are you handicapped why didn't you come to Alausa Abi dem glue your ass? Were you forced to join the program, pls try checking the meaning of voluntary next time before typing rubbish
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by castel428: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2017
AutosBay:

Are you handicapped why didn't you come to Alausa Abi dem glue your ass? Were you forced to join the program, pls try checking the meaning of voluntary next time before typing rubbish
Oga did I mention you, did I insult you? Then why being rude? Why not counter the points I raised? Just watch your back, you dnt just go abt insulting anyone online, you know nothing abt me or my position. Be careful
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 11:45am On Mar 11, 2017
castel428:

Oga did I mention you, did I insult you? Then why being rude? Why not counter the points I raised? Just watch your back, you dnt just go abt insulting anyone online, you know nothing abt me or my position. Be careful

I sincerely apologise, so sorry about that, even me as I'm here I've not received even a dime, it's really biting me hard, most of what I post are not from my head, I just try to disseminate information to those who don't really have sources or what to do, but I get upset when people barely appreciate what I do

2 Likes

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by castel428: 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
AutosBay:

I sincerely apologise, so sorry about that, even me as I'm here I've not received even a dime, it's really biting me hard, most of what I post are not from my head, I just try to disseminate information to those who don't really have sources or what to do, but I get upset when people barely appreciate what I do
I understand, I never attacked you the messanger but the content of the message, on the contrary I commend your effort, I understand the frustration, but we need to tell ourselves the truth: the Focal person is not being honest at all, up to this moment no verified logo on the portal, the whole thing is shrowded in secrecy, I know what is going on and I can tell you that they are lying and wil keep lying until more drastic approach is taken

3 Likes

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by dwag: 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
This is seriously, serious...... well done sir! @the same time well done guys......you guys are doing a great job.
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
N-power Lagos
The truth of the matter is the report I sent to you guys yesterday was just the summary of what we discusse. The focal person to my understanding was extremely opened to us because she gave us some fact on her phone, messages from all the 36 states focal persons. The truth of the matter is we re not the only one affected, as in payment and posting, we saw Jigawa, Zamfara even yobe. Many of them have not receive December up to February stipend. In fact it got to the extent she opened the message sent by one Mr. Afolabi about the initial date for the payment which was supposed to be yesterday. The truth of the matter is that the focal persons in all the state have no idea as to when we re gonna be paid because Mr. Afolabi didn't stated it on that message. We don't wanna rely on her statement alone and that was why we decided to send some people to confirm if those list has been sent has she claimed. One of us will be going to Subeb on Monday and another person will also be going to ministry of health to get fact and figures as far as posting is concern.
As at now, none of the focal persons has idea when we re gonna be paid. According to her, she also said the posting would have been ready but due to fact that N-teach has the highest population with over 5000 volunteer corp members and that was why she pleaded we give them next week, they will be through with the list and despatched to various LG. As we re having watsapp group for Npower volunteer corp members, they are also having watsapp group for all the 36 states focal persons and most of them are HOD WAPA. So I want to use this medium to plead with us to be patient with them, she also said logistics has always been the problem of Lagos state because federal govt didn't allocate fund for this program and that was why there was delayed in the verification process, they had to go to the Governor to get money to finance the program and to worsen the whole thing, she said it took her three to four weeks before should be able to access our names, it was later she found out NOA already has the list because they work directly with the FG.
Please try and understand me, I am not trying to take side, but am only telling the situation that cause the delay we re currently experiencing in Lagos. Lastly, let's just put our mind in April to start work cos this term is already gone. Students will start exam in few weeks time. As for the payment, let's be rest assure, it will definitely come. We will give you the response as far as the posting is concern on Monday.
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
castel428:

I understand, I never attacked you the messanger but the content of the message, on the contrary I commend your effort, I understand the frustration, but we need to tell ourselves the truth: the Focal person is not being honest at all, up to this moment no verified logo on the portal, the whole thing is shrowded in secrecy, I know what is going on and I can tell you that they are lying and wil keep lying until more drastic approach is taken

I agree
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by donejossy87(f): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
UNPAID DECEMBER STIPENDS AND SELECTIVE AND ARBITRARY PAYMENTS OF JANUARY STIPENDS: WHOSE FAULT? STATE GOVERNMENTS OR VOLUNTEERS?

By O. Mariam 

Allow me to begin this epistle on an accusation note...

State governments are responsible for our unpaid December stipends and the selective and arbitrary January's payments, and other related irregularities in the Npower scheme...

Having clearly and succinctly established the main driving point of my narrative and which will also stand as the founding motive of my piece of writing, follow me keenly as I try to juxtapose and elaborate the various scenarios that led to the above truism.

Npower is a federal government scheme and as such, should be characterized by the principle of equity, equality and fairness to all the 36 states of the federation; by this, I mean all states across the federation are, or should be given equal opportunities. 

A brief reminiscence into the genesis of this program will reveal to us how majority of the northern states have welcomed it open handedly and given it the most deserved attention and recognition while their counterparts in the South were still doubting its sustainability. They couldn't believe the federal government could really embark on such laudable initiative; empowering young graduates with a token of N30,000 per month. They were also surprised and shocked that the federal government could succeed in that gigantic effort without the active participations and involvements of states. No politician was given consideration. So they were still under the shock when their northern counterparts took advantage of the offer. And that justifies why most northern states have lesser issues of reported cases compared to their southern counterparts.

When the north was busy with state organized verifications, in the south, we were still directionless. It took us two or three weeks to be updated to level with the north.

Now that it is time for harvest and time to enjoy the benefits of the scheme, the south is lagging behind... Updates upon updates, reverifications upon reverifications, rescreenings upon rescreenings, followed by mass disqualifications of successful volunteers in some cases (Ogun state)... While most participants of the same program in the north are already enjoying 3 months salaries...

A state like Lagos bluntly refused to allow the verifications of successful volunteers until they resorted to protest. Till date, no volunteer in Lagos state has been paid a dime. 

Now the question is, whose fault? This is clearly the fault of the state governments. No need to mince words.

In Osun state where over 10,000 volunteers were successfully verified on the 10 and 12 December 2016, only 600 received their December stipends early January. The subsequent payment that was made on March 1, 2017 was very selective and  controversial as many volunteers were left unpaid and the month specification was not indicated. 

The worst of it all is the "I don't care attitude" of the state government towards the yarning of the suffering youths. 

Using this medium to call on all concerned authorities at both the state and federal levels to put into place mechanisms and devices that will attend to and alleviate all challenges faced by the volunteers in every state and ensure they are regularly paid, we also implore all volunteers to do all what is required from them to fix the itches, and call on them to always speak up and employ all legal and civil means to ensure the irregularities of the scheme are exposed and attended to.

1 Like

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by rukygbas: 7:49am On Mar 12, 2017
Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by BUSHHUNTER: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2017
grin

Alert! The only thing that can make you laugh/smiles at the funeral!
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2017
Npvn under maintenance

1 Share

Re: N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! by AutosBay(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
N-power Lagos
This was sent to the focal person this morning
Pls ma, is there any possibilities of payment this week?
Should we also be expecting our posting this week?
How do we get the list of those having issues with account updating and those their information are not accurate?
She sent it to Abuja and they replied her with this;
There is no state that has received Feb payment till date so there is no reason for any particular state to have more pressure than the others. Regards your additional Supplementary list which I already acknowledged that they are within the Jan Batch 5 payment, it would be processed alongside this Feb payment, so such affected beneficiaries will get double alerts.
Additional statement from her, here it is
Let's concentrate on the posting for this week. Am still expecting the list from Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (102) (Reply)

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.