Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy (57289 Views)

WAEC: Computer-based Test Will Lead To Mass Failure In Northern Nigeria / Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / Oluebube Miracle Okoye Broke An Academic Record In UNIZIK College Of Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Lifebender(m): 12:07am On Jan 25, 2020
The recent result released by the faculty of pharmacy,OAU for the 2018/2019 academic session is very disheartening and a confirmation of a failed educational system.

All the evidence are attached below.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by edoairways: 2:09am On Jan 25, 2020
It is not a must you must be a pharmacist. OAU were just too strict in separating the goat from the sheep

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Randy100: 6:17am On Jan 25, 2020
Unless you have a different definition for mass failure. The result is normal.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Yustash001(m): 7:10am On Jan 25, 2020
I heard pharmacy in OAU no be beans...

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Yochanan01(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Please, Does OAU offers mechatronics engineering?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Uyi168: 7:31am On Jan 25, 2020
Pharmacy is almost like that everywhere..
Uniben wanna finish us here ...

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Jabarzee(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Yustash001:
I heard pharmacy in OAU no be beans...

Is there any school where pharmacy is easy

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by GEOANDSONS: 8:33am On Jan 25, 2020
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Richdad50(m): 8:33am On Jan 25, 2020
shocked

In abroad, the lecturers would be in serious trouble by now. It is an indication of failure on their part. Their inability to educate properly or teach their students.

Nigeria education is fundamentally deficient largely due to parochial and archaic lectures and lecture system.

In developed universities, a lecturer once he or she notices a dip in your thesis or assignments, he arranges a meeting with you to discuss what the issues may be with you. He can go as far as referring you to Guidance and Counseling unit. They go the length to have you understand. A school's performance should never be judged on mass failure.

Richdad

346 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by GeoAfrikana(m): 8:33am On Jan 25, 2020
edoairways:
It is not a must you must be a pharmacist. OAU were just too strict in separating the goat from the sheep

I think this is true. Many people study courses that they have no natural love or passion for. The only motivation for many is the socio-economic benefit not because they have a natural affinity or inclination for the course.

I can tell you that every OAU student is brilliant because no matter what you must score 200 in jamb and post-jamb before you can get admission. Anything less than 200 is automatically no admission - even if your father is Buhari and your godfather is Trump!

But the problem is many students are using their brilliance in the wrong direction. Each course has its peculiar needs. Someone who's brain was created for education will want to kill himself because of medicine or pharmacy.

I suggest that they review our educational Systems.

Also that they give proper guidance and exposure to secondary school students about other courses; how they improve the society and examples of successful people in those fields.

Me as an example, my father saw me as a wasted effort when I insisted on studying geography. According to his calculation, the only opportunity for a geography graduate is teaching. Well maybe that's true if I relied on my certificate alone. But no, I retrained and re-educated myself and today doctor na king for him lane and I'm a king in my lane.

But to be candid, if other departments wanted to train us to the real standard -haa!- 70% (in fact 90%) of us will not graduate. Unfortunately, health sciences don't have the luxury of push-and-go since they deal directly with human life.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by iHart(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2020
...and they all smashed JAMB and Post-UTME. School life don set in

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Anthony0094(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2020
no b must, everybody no go school
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by flexyrule(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2020
People still fail all these cram and pass courses?

Proudly a MECHANICAL ENGINEER.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by 2shure: 8:34am On Jan 25, 2020
They will go to school and be doing fashion

9 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Chukwurah003: 8:34am On Jan 25, 2020
Utterly disgraceful
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by 9jamag(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2020
Wow, bhet what's the difference between Resit and Repeat abeg??

Are you in need of a professional, effective & affordable Website Design for your business or organization? See my signature to contact us today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by sesaan(m): 8:35am On Jan 25, 2020
Is like that every where, go to any federal universities and check out the results of science students.. lectures behaving as if there are God, mean while they will never discover anything useful

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by franchasng: 8:35am On Jan 25, 2020
No cause for alarm grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Olalan(m): 8:35am On Jan 25, 2020
Some courses like geology and pharmacy aren't for the unserious folks.......

13 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by wonuks(m): 8:36am On Jan 25, 2020
cool
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Manolo213: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2020
That's a normal result in uniport, those that pass a course is usually lower

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by shogsman(m): 8:36am On Jan 25, 2020
This is a testament of their porous method of teaching, the whole department needs a complete overhaul, the school should sack the lectures taking that course.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by StarUp: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2020
What's wrong with that result? It was meant to only separate those that truly prepared for the exams from those who didn't... Not really a test of brilliance.

8 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by StrikeBack(m): 8:36am On Jan 25, 2020
Wetin concern me
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by DexterousOne(m): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2020
sesaan:
Is like that every where, go to any federal universities and check out the results of science students.. lectures behaving as if there are God, mean while they will never discover anything useful

Don't mind those lecturers undecided

Compared with their mates elsewhere
They are useless and half baked

That said
These lecturers have to be fired

If people fail to this extent
You have failed as a lecturer

But Nigeria being a nigger sadist country with warped mentality
People will see this as normal

21 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by 16yearsold: 8:37am On Jan 25, 2020
I have not enter school but after seeing this
cry cry :' cry cry :'
So this what I will experience
Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by ademidedavid(f): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2020
Most people complain about the lecturers, we are talking about people that deal with life here, any slight mistake in their prescription might lead to loss of life.... While not learn well before you come out and practicalise on we innocent Nigerians........ You need to see how these so called medical students feel like a small God in school! Wish them success

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by incogni2o: 8:38am On Jan 25, 2020
Hmmm

Lecturers that feel fulfilled when there is mass Failure.

My Sister had a reseat too, but thank God. She is now serving.

E no easy mehn.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by Roon9(m): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2020
Hmmm.... Blame the lecturers

call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy by EmperorKpee(m): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2020
Everything is just failing under this administration. Only poverty dey shout I Stan.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

WAEC Releases May/June 2015 WASSCE Results / GUYS! Who Still Remembers The Title Of This Book? - SEE PHOTO! / 108 Oldest Secondary Schools In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.