Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

(photos) Your Village Can Look Like This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This (1109 Views)

Lockdown: What Computer Village Lagos Looks Like Due To Coronavirus (Video) / Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? / Lagos Government To Relocate Computer Village To ICT Park Katangowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by PresidentElect1: 8:37am On Nov 26, 2016
Once upon a time, all the places in the photos below may be worse than your village in Nigeria. So who says our villages too cannot develop and become better than these.
The key is vision and visionary leadership. Imagine how one man turned a desert wasteland to a most visited business tourist centre: Dubai

Your village is better than what Dubai used to be.

Read my other threads e.g. "I Will Make A Million Low Income Earners Multi-Millionaires ": https://www.nairaland.com/3485774/make-million-low-income-nigerians

Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by PresidentElect1: 8:48am On Nov 26, 2016
Which of them do you want your village or town cheesy to look like? @ Lalasticlacla Ishilove oga Seun
Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by aleshsenior2000(m): 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
OYO
Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by preselect(m): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
i dont want skyscrapers buildings in my village. I want good roads, hospitals, sanitation, trees, gardens,parks, and decent schools.

2 Likes

Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by PresidentElect1: 6:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
preselect:
i dont want skyscrapers buildings in my village. I want good roads, hospitals, sanitation, trees, gardens,parks, and decent schools.

Depending on how small the village is.
Some of the skyscrapers are hospitals and other important services. They are built to maximize space, not necessarily primarily for aesthetics.
Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by PresidentElect1: 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
preselect:

Some of the skyscrapers are hospitals and other important services. They are built to maximize space, not necessarily primarily for aesthetics.

The countries population keeps rising and will be close to half a billion in 35 years. If we keep building like we are doing today, our so called comparative advantage and opportunity to feed the world will be gone.
Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by wadetaw202: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
The only problem with that so-called development is air and environmental pollution

1 Like

Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by PresidentElect1: 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
wadetaw202:
The only problem with that so-called development is air and environmental pollution
Yea. Those are part of the reasons we should have comprehensive planning with great foresight when it comes to development. We shouldn't repeat the mistakes countries like China and the US have made. We won't have the excuse(although we are already moving in that direction).

It's not that development makes the pollution and degradation happen, not in this time and age of green solutions, it is irresponsibility, indiscipline and lack of implementable, strategic planning for development.

1 Like

Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by preselect(m): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2016
PresidentElect1:

The countries population keeps rising and will be close to half a billion in 35 years. If we keep building like we are doing today, our so called comparative advantage and opportunity to feed the world will be gone.

then we have to do something about our population. teach the people about family planning. if we dont check our population growth, poverty, disease, war, and boko haram will control our population for us.
Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by PresidentElect1: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2016
preselect:

then we have to do something about our population. teach the people about family planning. if we dont check our population growth, poverty, disease, war, and boko haram will control our population for us.
For some, that will be true because they don't have the resources to take care their children but as a country, we should not make the mistakes of nations economically ahead of us like China and the Netherlands.

It's tempting to want to control population. That's the cheap way out and will infringe on people's right to decide what goes on in their families.
Those who take such approaches end up struggling with aging population with fewer young people to take advantage of their opportunities and utilize the capacities they've built over the years. They will end up begging people to come and live in their countries when their own people could have done so.

The other options we have- and we still have time- are
1. to pursue innovations that is forward thinking(considering these issues). As they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention." And we will not lack ideas if we get intentional about getting them. Like the Chinese proverb says: "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

2. As previously noted, strategic planning. This definitely include a futuristic rural, urban AND REGIONAL planning.

1 Like

Re: (photos) Your Village Can Look Like This by preselect(m): 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
PresidentElect1:

For some, that will be true because they don't have the resources to take care their children but as a country, we should not make the mistakes of nations economically ahead of us like China and the Netherlands.

It's tempting to want to control population. That's the cheap way out and will infringe on people's right to decide what goes on in their families.
Those who take such approaches end up struggling with aging population with fewer young people to take advantage of their opportunities and utilize the capacities they've built over the years. They will end up begging people to come and live in their countries when their own people could have done so.

The other options we have- and we still have time- are
1. to pursue innovations that is forward thinking(considering these issues). As they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention." And we will not lack ideas if we get intentional about getting them. Like the Chinese proverb says: "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

2. As previously noted, strategic planning. This definitely include a futuristic rural, urban AND REGIONAL planning.

for a poor nation with tens of millions of unemployed youth, don't you think there's something scary about 40yrs time when the population will be approaching 300-400million with perhaps 50-100million unemployed youth? we have to do something about that now or else violence, crime, prostitution, terrorism, disease and war will help us control our population. . . . ooops. . . . sorry, i forgot . . . all that is happening now already.

it's not about controlling people's lives but more about educating people into making better choices with regards to procreation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A Credit History ? - PAYLATER / Jeff Bezos Was The World's Richest Human For All Of 6 Hours / The EFFC Vs Innoson Story: The True Facts Are Beginning To Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.