Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data (2053 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made / MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by fineboynl(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2016
My Attention has been drawn to online report circulating on social media that the NCC plans to impose VAT on internet data from 1st December.

If the report is found true, then its illegal and criminal to collect tax from internet Data.

Do you know that NCC collect VAT from every airtime you purchased?

Collecting another VAT from internet data is double taxation from the populist and its illegal and criminal.

When you bought airtime you paid indirectly VAT to NCC. So what you choose to do with the said airtime has no business with the NCC. Either for calling or for Data.

The NCC should calculate all taxes on the said airtime itself. Since that is what all Nigerians use for Data and for calls.

Occupy NCC 1st December & stop the NCC 1sf December.

cc: lalasticlala, Seun

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by yaqq: 11:05am On Nov 26, 2016
NNC re bunch of confused elements....................
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by eraly(m): 11:25am On Nov 26, 2016
I think its time we let them know that this is unacceptable. Let us stand against this government as regards this issue

1 Like

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2016
Lol. Na online una dey occupy NCC on top a secondary commodity like data. Even price of primary commodity like fuel and electricity were increased and labour did not occupy Nigeria. Na for data price increase people go come occupy ncc. Abeg save ur energy for something else because no matter how u occupy reach, e go still happen. Not that I like it but just being realistic.

6 Likes

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by whitley(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
Occupy NCC
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by jeff1607(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
HOW TO OCCUPY COMES TO MIND
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by fineboynl(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
occupy via Twitter
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
fineboynl:
My Attention has been drawn to online report circulating on social media that the NCC plans to impose VAT on internet data from 1st December.

If the report is found true, then its illegal and criminal to collect tax from internet Data.

Do you know that NCC collect VAT from every airtime you purchased?

Collecting another VAT from internet data is double taxation from the populist and its illegal and criminal.

When you bought airtime you paid indirectly VAT to NCC. So what you choose to do with the said airtime has no business with the NCC. Either for calling or for Data.

The NCC should calculate all taxes on the said airtime itself. Since that is what all Nigerians use for Data and for calls.

Occupy NCC 1st December & stop the NCC 1sf December.

cc: lalasticlala, Seun

Have you heard of National information Technology Development Act? It's a form of tax imposed on companies involved in ICT.The rate of tax is 9% on data and it's part of the taxes collected by the federal government
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
Even the little mb we buy at exorbitant prices are still not enough,NCC wants us to "pay more and recieve less".In other countries,you pay little and get a reasonable data but in Nigeria eh?.Its high time Nigerians rebel against this,who said its a right thing to pay 1k for 1.5gb,when i can waste that on just 2-3 mkv videos like below.

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
Arrow Archive

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by willian10: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
eraly:
I think its time we let them know that this is unacceptable. Let us stand against this government as regards this issue
By the time they're done with u, u won't even have data to protest on Twitter, it's better to start now
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by PhonePlanet(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by toocoded: 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ok nah
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by drss2(m): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
wen oda con3s ar enjoying free data services via wifi, dis cesspit called nigeria is hiking prices of data sad anyway am not surprised. d chief liar of nigeria himself, liar mohammed said social media is their biggest problem. wat is d clever way to frustrate nigerians from using social media

2 Likes

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by eraly(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
drss2:
wen oda con3s ar enjoying free data services via wifi, dis cesspit called nigeria is hiking prices of data sad anyway am not surprised. d chief liar of nigeria himself, liar mohammed said social media is their biggest problem. wat is d clever way to frustrate nigerians from using social media

D same social media they rode on to assume power is d same they wanna clip its wings. Wat an irony. Please guyz, let us try and get other people to see dis.

Lalasticlala, please help Nigeria out. If data cost, people no go dey enter nairaland o. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by ekanDamie: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
amongst the varied things we suffer in this country. it's occupying NCC for cheap data
u can think off.
wen dey increased fuel that has inflated alot of things, u no occupy
wen dey influenced d naira to 500naira/usd u no occupy.
it's 10mb u want to occupy for.
after u would blame govt for misplaced priority I can see how prioritized your decisions are

2 Likes

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by kudos4u(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
This shows how self-centered our so called leaders, politicians and state Elders are.
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by drss2(m): 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
eraly:

D same social media they rode on to assume power is d same they wanna clip its wings. Wat an irony. Please guyz, let us try and get other people to see dis.

Lalasticlala, please help Nigeria out. If data cost, people no go dey enter nairaland o. grin cheesy
one chance govt of change.
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
ekanDamie:
amongst the varied things we suffer in this country. it's occupying NCC for cheap data
u can think off.
after u would blame govt for misplaced priority I can see how prioritized your decisions are

Lol tell them. I just dey laugh here. Occupy NCC lol. Make dem occupy na... I don't know when cheap data became a priority.
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by eraly(m): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
ekanDamie:
u can think off.

U can be a solution to many of dis country's prblm. Start from somwia, u may neva knw wu will join u and tinz might change. U can chose to speak out or endure d hardship(and also stop complaining). U dnt av to critisize those that want to speak out. Thanks
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by gudnex22(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
This change sweet o.
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by whys: 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
This is the second time. No matter what code they put in their office to stop wiping my credit, this message keeps coming back. It reads 'last value added service charge 10 naira ' That is how the will clear up all the credit every 30 min. The staff are so rude. Went there yesterday and before I could finish narrating my problem, she grabbed my phone in anger , typed *362*2#, handed it back, walked away shouting thats all there is to it. The message resurfaced this evening and has been clearing my credit. I'm very angry, I've been calling 121 and it's computer that's responding. Please I need a lawyer that can help me sue them over this issue. I'm very angry. Last year I had to go to there 3 X. . The 3rd time I had a quarrel that made one of the staff to collect my phone and call the correct customer service line manned by humans which stopped the messages up till about 4 days ago when it resurfaced l just need a lawyer that can sue over this annoying issue.
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by fineboynl(m): 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
bump
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by Segadem(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Our governments contribute to the increased of fraudulent acts of our youth, since three months ago now, data is very much avoidable for every users and that has reduced the data cheats, but now u want them to resume the data cheats again with their anti-people policy angry
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by ceejay80s(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
Person wey no fight back, no dey win battle
Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
this is the change people voted for, enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA-3rkLll9Y

sai baba for life, kikiki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Ksnh6_484

1 Like

Re: Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data by wordcat(m): 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
Occupy where?
Sai Baba till 20kwurudim

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Fb Show Photos Using Free Mode / MTN Gave Me This Huge Data For Recharging My Old Line / How Good Is The Nokia 3.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.