Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Menace On Nigeria Roads - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Menace On Nigeria Roads (284 Views)

Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Menace On Nigeria Roads by Nuesbab: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
It has been a source of worry for me, as an individual that drive on Nigeria road; that nothing is being done to check the activities of truck drivers on our road.
Just this week, video of a young lady went viral showing her wriggling in pain from impact of heavy container that fell on her leg around mile 2 area in Lagos.
Things like this has been happening and after the viral video we forget about everything. We say life goes on.
Its really sad what we have become in this country.
Anytime I am driving I always watch closely at trucks especially those laden with container. Most of them are lying loosely on the truck without any form of screw or fasteners. Whenever the truck encounter pot hole the container shifts and sometimes fall over. It has happened many times on ojuelegba bridge and other places.
We need to do something to stop this menace on our roads.
I think our legislators at the national assembly should formulate laws to guide the conducts of the truck owners and their drive for sanity to return to our roads.
And any offender should be dealt with.

May God protect us. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Infant Nutrition: Progression To Regular Family Foods / See Your Fetus Say Hi To You During Your Pregnancy With Our 4D Ultrasound. / This Spring Make Your Day Healthy And Fit With Health Boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.