Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? (25759 Views)

Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? / Adedipe Oluwatosin Wins Young Nigerian Scientist Of The Year & N1M Yearly Grant / Ayoola Oguntade And Juliet Eko Win N1m Each At Cowbellpedia Maths Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Mabelenena(f): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2016
Well for me,i wud go 4 education instead because being an illiterate wud make me squander the 1 million because i may nt have any handwrk n no knowledge of how 2 spend or used the money
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 28, 2016
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by danxzy: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

First, you seem not to understand this thread. It is either you take the money and face your business squarely or you head way to school where you will be trained to manage biz. You cant do both, if you try it you might be advised to withdraw.
Anything to say

I will collect the money, start up a good business then train 1 or 2 people in school that will not fail me in future incase my business crash

what do u think?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by sirqeeboi(m): 10:18am On Nov 28, 2016
I will just say it depends on you...how u visualize it..for one million it can be more than enough for a person who can think and manage business. ..and other can go to school so as to be employe in future to is dream job.. (buh for naija is slim)...even many rich ppl I know that have certificate still venture into business ..every job that pays is a business...for business u can predict the future and as an employee u can't predict ....
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

I will pick the money start up Business and still go to school . While I do my business, den when u graduate I will employ you and be paying u salary..... angry
Lol on top #1m.. Naira oooo. Nice attempt at sounding brilliant.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by MultiCEO1: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

You can't even employ me with your biz bcoz ur biz will not be thrive enough to afford my salary.

Besides, you can only employ those secondary school graduates and not a higher institution graduate with whatever biz you might engaged yourself in.

I beg to differ bro. A printing firm I started immediately after service with less than 50k has started another that today has a graduate as its manager. 1million naira can very very comfortably start a business, a firm that can employ graduates. You no know say country hard and job is hard to come by. I employ labour so I know what I'm saying.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Banabif(m): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=Lovexme post=51440349]Easy choice.

As much as I need money now, education can not be disregarded now. I'll pick education!

Using the money to start business is not "disregarding"school..but after you must have established your business school can come.let's say 3or4 years.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by DBDaniel(m): 10:28am On Nov 28, 2016
Opinion: Environment determined my decision in an environment like Nigeria I will chosen money what is purpose of spending huge amount on education & @ end of efforts its you are searching for job for a decades or you are employed as conductor. God forbid bad thing.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2016
danxzy:

I will collect the money, start up a good business then train 1 or 2 people in school that will not fail me in future incase my business crash

what do u think?

That's good

1 Like

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2016
Dollar or naira?is the cash.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 28, 2016
MultiCEO1:

I beg to differ bro. A printing firm I started immediately after service with less than 50k has started another that today has a graduate as its manager. 1million naira can very very comfortably start a business, a firm that can employ graduates. You no know say country hard and job is hard to come by. I employ labour so I know what I'm saying.

As it is for business so it is for graduate seeking job.
Some graduate get job even before they complete their service while some don't even get job after many years. Some people invest more than a million in to a business and the business crashed along the way, that the person you referring to invested #50k into printing succeed does not mean if another person invest #300k will succeed. What works for Mr a might be against Mr b.
My view
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Lovexme(m): 10:50am On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=Banabif post=51445029][/quote]

True. That's why we were asked to pick either money OR education now.

You'd prefer money, right?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by samsam2019: 10:58am On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

I will pick the money start up Business and still go to school . While I do my business, den when u graduate I will employ you and be paying u salary..... angry
are you an Ijebu?

You get sense walahi

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by adeleke5157: 11:02am On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=zaragal post=51388886]

I will pick the money start up Business and still go to school . While I do my business, den when u graduate I will employ you and be paying u salary.....

Igbo man sighted here
I love Igbo too much
An average Igbo has business plans running in his gene.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ruona10(m): 11:25am On Nov 28, 2016
hazyfm1:
1 Million Dollars, and I will set up a University
Won't b enough. I tell u
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by hazyfm1: 11:35am On Nov 28, 2016
ruona10:

Won't b enough. I tell u

Bros you are not a business man cheesy

I only need 800,000USD to set up a University,

Let me tell you how it works

1. Go to a rural area, meet the baale's and co, dash them money and tell them U want to build a University, which will create jobs for them. They will lick your feet and dash you hectares of land and also give u a Chieftain title
2. Construct about 5 big buildings using local labor and meet NUC and FG for the necessary licences
3. Meet a Bank to give you loan using these structures as collateral

4. Smile to the bank, hence you have $200k unused.

1 Like

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by sunshineV(f): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2016
KingRex1:
What is one million?
Go study abroad my friend angry
come open ur mouth for breeze when u come back 9ja

1 Like

Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by mutuality(m): 11:44am On Nov 28, 2016
How many of the people that have spent million of naira going to school have job now?

With that one million naira.. Write a good business plan, set up a business and watch it grow into billions.....
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by IamSpenxer(m): 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
zaragal:

Ohk pick the business start up a business and employ u to come and work for me... While I pay u salary.
How much will u pay d graduate?? 20k??
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ruona10(m): 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
hazyfm1:

1. Go to a rural area, meet the baale's and co, dash them money and tell them U want to build a University, which will create jobs for them. They will lick your feet and dash you hectares of land and also give u a Chieftain title
2. Construct about 5 big buildings using local labor and meet NUC and FG for the necessary licences

hazyfm1:

hazyfm1:

HMM Business man
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Ikennafabian651(m): 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

Money can buy everything

You can ask Dangote, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Donald Trump

To me, education is a waste of time, i went into business without going to the university and years later i know how much i have and some of the people i went to high school with are still looking for jobs

That's very correct@d person's comment above.
School in this our present time, seems to worth nothing oh!
I will go for d money oh!
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ikennafabian651:

That's very correct@d person's comment above.
School in this our present time, seems to worth nothing oh!
I will go for d money oh!
if every one thinks like Mark Zuckerberg, donald trump, or dangote.. everyone will b rich.. evry one wants to b rich like dem.. did u know what they went through before making the money they made..
I'm sure some of the people who chose the money dont even know what business to start.. so sad

for me. I'd rather study than start a business without education..
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by TOY5050: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

Money can buy everything

To me, education is a waste of time, i went into business without going to the university and years later i know how much i have and some of the people i went to high school with are still looking for jobs
you Know Why Education Is Nothing To You? It's Simply because U Lack D Ability To Tink Outside The Box.....Fine, Bill Gate, Mark Zuckerberg Or Aliyu Dangote Are Multi-billionaire But Av U Forgotn They Hired The Skilld One To Run D Job For Them? If Education Is Realy Nothing Den Those Influential Man U Mentioned Above Wil Also Be Nothing...My Brother Education Is Worth More Than A Million Dat Can Vanishd And Disappeard Like A Smoke Exposed To The Air...U Wil Nva Knw Its Advantages because U Av Bn Covered By Dat Small Or Little Sum U Ar Earning,,,goodluck With U
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by mcroeb(m): 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
i will rather go for number 2 because with education i can realize more than the said money
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by ElsonMorali: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

funny you

did you consider what the transport fare will be subtract the fare from a million naira and tell me if the balance can establish you your dream job in one of the countries mentioned by you?

As a matter of fact you are right in the sense that it'll be better to invest the money here than elsewhere but mainly because of the exchange rate anyway.

Still if you have a million bucks I'm sure any reasonable person will be cautious about what to invest in and how to invest it. Despite the exchange rate a million bucks isn't change.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Adeyemi0(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

Money can buy everything

I can see... 'education is the waste of time' hearing this for the first time. Not surprised though.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by oloriooko(m): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
wins18:
bro make your selection based on your country
So you comparing one million naira to free education shocked
If na one million UK pounds then to hell with free education bro
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by SirIsaacus(m): 4:56am On Nov 29, 2016
Education is different from wisdom/sense. What's important is to have sense and whichever one you choose will work for you.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by KingRex1(m): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2016
sunshineV:
come open ur mouth for breeze when u come back 9ja

Oga 1m can't put him thru school abroad.. Besides with such qualifications he stands a better chance of getting and utilising a loan.
Or better still get employed there. Oga remove ur ignorant cap and mediocre quest.
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by jkrist: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
wasuka14:

I keep saying it to those who wish to hear that, the basic thing one need is to learn how to read and write and litte arithemetic. Except you are going for professional courses like, engineering, medicine, geogology etc. Entreprenuership should be more encourage than schooling for certificates.
and u also forget to mention *Banking and finance/Accountancy*or weren't they professional? undecided
wasuka14:

I keep saying it to those who wish to hear that, the basic thing one need is to learn how to read and write and litte arithemetic. Except you are going for professional courses like, engineering, medicine, geogology etc. Entreprenuership should be more encourage than schooling for certificates.
and u also forget to mention *Banking and finance/Accountancy*or weren't they professional?
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Ikennafabian651(m): 10:02am On Aug 02, 2017
if every one thinks like Mark Zuckerberg, donald trump, or dangote.. everyone will b rich.. evry one wants to b rich like dem.. did u know what they went through before making the money they made..
I'm sure some of the people who chose the money dont even know what business to start.. so sad

for me. I'd rather study than start a business without education..

Not in this our country my friend.......
How will u feel after spending ur hard earned money on schooling and at the end of the day u have no job
Re: N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? by Ikennafabian651(m): 6:53am On May 13, 2020
How successful famous pple did u knw dat went to school? Gone are the days school is known key to successful. Nowadays school Nigeria is total opposite it all. If I must go to school 2day, it's jst to acquire knowledge nt for money. I mean in Nigeria 2 be precise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation / Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.