Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! (3039 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? / Who Can Say The Full Meaning Of This Plate Number? / When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
May be I was foolish, reluctant or just a victim of corruption. Yes! I learned the hard way when I was stopped yesterday by a policeman who said that my number plate was not on plate number verification website. That it shows invalid/wrong number.
Before I could say jack robinson, I parted with N2000, with abeg!. Now am planning to go and sort things out with FRSC.
My question is, now that I've used this plate number for more than two years now, with all my papers correct. Do I need to pay for the plate number for it to be registered or buy entirely new plate number with other documents: that would be very much for me as I'm just managing to fuel the car.
Please advice me on the step to take, if you have a similar experience.
Because the frsc official that registered the car for me cannot be reached on phone again and I don't know his real name. Thanks
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by DjAndroid: 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
If you have the registration number allocation receipt, I think you have no problem. Let FRSC sort themselves out.
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
DjAndroid:
If you have the registration number allocation receipt, I think you have no problem. Let FRSC sort themselves out.
abi? my brother. I have all documents
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by FlyboyZee: 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
silvoice:
abi? my brother. I have all documents
Have you gone online to check if your registration is not valid? I suggest you first check your number plates online first to verify. Please, also do same for your driver's license...

These security men on the road would do anything to fleece you, if you do not know what you should know...
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by BestySam(m): 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
grin grin grin. MAGA DON PAY

1 Like

Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Have you gone online to check if your registration is not valid? I suggest you first check your number plates online first to verify. Please, also do same for your driver's license...

These security men on the road would do anything to fleece you, if you do not know what you should know...
I've checked, it shows invalid/wrong number. So I went to the website for "continue registration" then I typed my vehicle ID. that was on my plate number registration paper, my data showed up. it seems whoever did the registration did not complete it.
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by pattybf(f): 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
DjAndroid:

having those documents does not guarantee ur vehicle was given original registration.

first step, check for ur number plate on FRSC website:
http://www.nvisng.org/NumberPlateVerification.aspx

if its not found, take ur allocation n proof of ownership to Mvaa station where the vehicle was registered, to find out if it was really registered there. u will located the station on the proof or d stamp on both documents.

if ur vehicle info is found, the station will send ur vehicle info n id to FRSC for uploading.

if its not found, i'm sure u know what that means!

1 Like

Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by princemillla(m): 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
Op did you re registered the vehicle?
Some touts will advise you to registered an already registered vehicle. On the long run, the registration won't be recognized by the authorities. Thanks God no be VIO catch you sha
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
pattybf:

having those documents does not guarantee ur vehicle was given original registration.

first step, check for ur number plate on FRSC website:
http://www.nvisng.org/NumberPlateVerification.aspx

if its not found, take ur allocation n proof of ownership to Mvaa station where the vehicle was registered, to find out if it was really registered there. u will located the station on the proof or d stamp on both documents.

if ur vehicle info is found, the station will send ur vehicle info n id to FRSC for uploading.

if its not found, i'm sure u know what that means!

very helpful, thanks. I will do that. Only that I don't know the trick they would use to extort money from me when I get there. That's why I'm asking for help Information here.
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
princemillla:
Op did you re registered the vehicle?
Some touts will advise you to registered an already registered vehicle. On the long run, the registration won't be recognized by the authorities. Thanks God no be VIO catch you sha
no, it was imported for me in 2014.
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by autoinfo: 9:26am On Nov 28, 2016
All you need do is to visit the MVAA station where your car is registered. They will help you confirm on there records if your vehicle information are captured on their records. If found on their records, you dont have problem but otherwise you have been using a fake document since.

You can get the name of the MVAA station where your vehicle is registered on your Proof of ownership or on your Allocation of plate number form.

silvoice:
May be I was foolish, reluctant or just a victim of corruption. Yes! I learned the hard way when I was stopped yesterday by a policeman who said that my number plate was not on plate number verification website. That it shows invalid/wrong number.
Before I could say jack robinson, I parted with N2000, with abeg!. Now am planning to go and sort things out with FRSC.
My question is, now that I've used this plate number for more than two years now, with all my papers correct. Do I need to pay for the plate number for it to be registered or buy entirely new plate number with other documents: that would be very much for me as I'm just managing to fuel the car.
Please advice me on the step to take, if you have a similar experience.
Because the frsc official that registered the car for me cannot be reached on phone again and I don't know his real name. Thanks
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2016
autoinfo:
All you need do is to visit the MVAA station where your car is registered. They will help you confirm on there records if your vehicle information are captured on their records. If found on their records, you dont have problem but otherwise you have been using a fake document since.

You can get the name of the MVAA station where your vehicle is registered on your Proof of ownership or on your Allocation of plate number form.

Thanks
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
Pls, this MVAA station that I will go, I guess is the licensing office where I obtained those documents. Or is it the state? Because. I have a bayelsa state number, which Was processed at PortHacourt Licensing office in Diobe. all I could see in the prove of ownership stamp is the LGA licensing authority (Brass) and bayelsa state.
Do I go to that LGA in bayelsa or just go that PH office where I met the officer that registered the car for me.
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by danwa25(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2016
silvoice:
Pls, this MVAA station that I will go, I guess is the licensing office where I obtained those documents. Or is it the state? Because. I have a bayelsa state number, which Was processed at PortHacourt Licensing office in Diobe. all I could see in the prove of ownership stamp is the LGA licensing authority (Brass) and bayelsa state.
Do I go to that LGA in bayelsa or just go that PH office where I met the officer that registered the car for me.
you will go to PH
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 11:59am On Nov 29, 2016
danwa25:
you will go to PH
ok, thanks
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by autoinfo: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
We help to fast track any of your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers and we DELIVER it to your doorstep on TIME with payment on delivery service.

Our services include:
New Registration and licensing of motor vehicles
Re-validation of the old number plate (Replacement to new plate)
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle license
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle insurance (Premium or Third party)
Issuance of learners permit
Issuance and renewal of hackney permit
Issuance and renewal of road worthiness permit
Processing and registration of Special Number Plates
Issuance and renewal of Mobile advert permit
Issuance of tinted glass Permit

Email: myautoreg@yahoo.com
Call or Whatapp: 08034607531
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by MyMouth(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
I hope u did not space the number when u were checking it online? Because if u include a space, it will tell u invalid even if ur number is registered
Re: This Plate Number Issue Na Wao! by silvoice(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
MyMouth:
I hope u did not space the number when u were checking it online? Because if u include a space, it will tell u invalid even if ur number is registered
no I typed it right.
The worst path is that I finally went to the MVAA station and met a staff who told me that there was nothing to check at the station, he noted that if my plate number is showing invalid, I must do a new registration.
To make the matter worst, someone here on nairaland said that the custom paper of the car is fake. I'm just confused. Will new registration be possible without custom paper?

(1) (Reply)

Clean European Used Passat From Norway / 10 Most Common Cars In Nigeria / How Many Litres Of Fuel Should/can A Nissan Micra Consumes Per Kilomitre ?'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.