Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. (947 Views)

Book Of Luke. (Very Deep Words of JESUS) / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time / Indeed! This Is The Last Time. The Breakdown Of Luke 21:25-27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2016
Luke 21:1-4
1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

Chapter 21 of the book of Luke opens with an observation by Jesus of how different people were giving their gifts into the temple treasury. Rich men were giving out of their abundance until a poor widow came in and dropped in just two mites into the purse. Jesus told his disciples and his followers that the widow had given more than all the others because while other people had given out of their abundance, this poor widow had given her all in her poverty.

Jesus apparently was teaching his disciples on the benefit of sacrificial offering. The woman had given her all to God in order to possess the kingdom of God

Mathew 13:44-46
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
5 And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

As we proceed, we must also realize that the prophecies in this chapter are not set out chronologically.

Jesus begins to speak about the temple. Now, I need to clarify that there was no free standing building called the Temple of God in ancient Israel where the Israelites worshiped The LORD.

https://www.nairaland.com/3109089/there-no-physical-temple-jerusalem

The temple of God is the heart of man, together we all form the temple of God. We all are the stones that are used to build the temple of God. The stones of the Sanctuary of God are the people of the sanctuary.

Lamentations 4:1-2
1 How is the gold become dim! how is the most fine gold changed! the stones of the sanctuary are poured out in the top of every street.
2 The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter!

Jesus says that all the stones, not one remaining, will all be thrown down, in order words, the temple would be demolished. Jesus was saying that the temple will be broken, and all the stones of the temple will be displaced. The people are the stones with which the Temple/Sanctuary of God is built.

Jeremiah 7:3-7
3 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.
4 Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, are these.
5 For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;
6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
7 Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.

Jesus says all the stones will be thrown down meaning that the people will be displaced/killed/scattered.

The temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple, of the LORD are these
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Here, in the typical fashion of the Bible, Jesus begins to talk about the end from the beginning. Only Jesus can restore the temple and its stones, Jesus begins to warn his disciples that in the aftermath of their displacement in the destruction of the temple, many will come claiming to be Christ, Jesus warns his disciples to take heed and not be deceived, he admonishes them not to go after these false Christs.

Isaiah 46:10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
The next verses are in the aftermath of the casting down/out of the stones of the temple. These events would surely happen but it does not mean that the end is by and by/near.

[b]9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.[/b]

Wars and commotions, nations rising against nations, kingdoms against kingdoms: the Crusades, the world wars, the Islamic Jihads, the Punic wars, the Roman wars, the Kiriji war, the American civil war, the Mugba-mugba war, the Nigerian civil war, the Ekwumekwu war, Vietnam war etc. are all examples of the wars and rumours of war.

Great earthquakes in diverse places, famines and pestilences; and fearful sights from heaven. The fearful sights from the heavens include meteor showers. Solar and lunar eclipses etc. The Pompei earthquake in 62AD and the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD which destroyed Pompei comes to mind.

Jesus tells his disciples that they will be persecuted, that they would be brought before kings and rulers, he comforts them by telling them that he will give them wisdom that is difficult to deny, resist or gainsay when they stood to defend themselves.

1 Like

Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Apostle Paul is the perfect example of the fulfilment of this prophecy of persecution and great wisdom. Paul stood before King Festus Agrippa in Jerusalem, and Emperor Nero in Rome.

Acts 26:24-28
24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
25 But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
26 For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
27 King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.

If not for stronghead, under Paul's persuasion, Festus would have become a Christian.

I like that part about ’much learning doth made thee mad’ grin No be today wink
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

Jesus talks about betrayals from parents, brethren, kinsfolks, and friends. Some of his disciples would be put to death.

In Rome, and elsewhere around the world in those times, the disciples and followers for Jesus were the target of the most vicious forms of persecution. They were sawn asunder, Paul was beheaded, Peter was crucified upside down, some were fried in hot oil, and many were fed to wild beasts. They fought as gladiators in the arenas of Rome, many were banished to remote places, it was a tale of great peril and sadness during those times.

Jesus consoles his disciples, he tells them ‘But there shall not an hair of your head perish’. He encourages them to possess their souls in patience. They have endured their persecution in the past, they are the first fruits, they second death has no power over these ones. They ones who paid heed to the Word of the Master are already redeemed, they have risen from the dead, they are waiting for the Master to come so that they can receive their crowns.

Revelation 2:11
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

At the end of his race, Paul declared that his crown of righteousness is already laid up for him which the Lord, the righteous judge shall give him on that day, and not only him, but all those that love the appearing of the Son of Man.
Paul says he will be here when Christ returns

https://www.nairaland.com/2948312/paul-say-he-here-when
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2016
Jesus begins his teaching end from the beginning. He has told his disciples and followers what would happen in a long while to come. Now he begins to tell them what would happen shortly, he shows them the opening preambles of the tribulations. He tells them what steps to take when they see the signs of the coming desolation.

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

This is the way The Most High God operates, this is the way the whole Bible is written. After telling them what would happen in the end, Jesus begins to tell his followers what would immediately happen, and the steps they should take when they see the signs of the Abomination which causes desolation

Jeremiah 44:22
So that the Lord could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.

Matthew 24:15
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Daniel 8:13
Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

The abomination which causes desolation is the displacement/throwing down of the stones of the temple. It is the occupation of Jerusalem by enemy forces.

The first desolation occurred when the first temple was sacked by Nebuchadnezzar in 606BC.

The second desolation occurred in 70AD when Roman forces sacked Jerusalem, and deported its people all over the world.

The Yoruba whose ancestor Oduduwa is said to have fallen from heaven are Jews.

Lamentations 2:1
How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!
2 The Lord hath swallowed up all the habitations of Jacob, and hath not pitied: he hath thrown down in his wrath the strong holds of the daughter of Judah; he hath brought them down to the ground: he hath polluted the kingdom and the princes thereof.

The history of the fall of Oduduwa the progenitor of the Yoruba is the allegory of the fall of Jerusalem.

Jerusalem itself was the temple of God, the temple of God is where God dwells. The Temple of God is heaven.

Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by EniHolar(f): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
MrPresident1:

Jesus begins to speak about the temple. Now, I need to clarify that there was no free standing building called the Temple of God in ancient Israel where the Israelites worshiped The LORD.

Can you please shed more light on this?
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
Jesus told his disciples to flee when they see Jerusalem compassed by armies. Jesus told his disciples to FLEE!!!

It was going to be the start of THE GREAT TRIBULATION, the fulfilment of the days of vengeance.

The Israelites would be led captive into all nations, and Jerusalem would be trodden by the gentiles until the time of the gentiles is fulfilled.

We are still in the time of the gentiles, only the coming of Jesus can end the time of the gentiles. The coming of Jesus marks the end of the time of the gentiles, when all the original Israelites will be gathered from where ever they have all been displaced to.

Ezekiel 39:25-29
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

The Israelis and the Arabs who are fighting for the ownership of Jerusalem are not the original owners of the land, they are the gentiles who must tread the land until their time ends.
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
EniHolar:

Can you please shed more light on this?

There was no building called the Temple, (or sanctuary, or habitation of God), it was symbolic language. The reason is because God does not dwell in temples made with human hands. What can the finite human mind conjure to contain The Infinite God?

The city of Jerusalem itself was the temple and habitation of God. The stones of the temple were the people of Jerusalem.

Acts 7:48
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

I did a thread to explain this. See this link

Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 12:08am On Nov 27, 2016
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2016
This study is divided into Part 1 and 2. I did the 2nd part first cheesy, end from begining grin. This thread is Part 1, You will find Part 2 in the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3469040/indeed-last-time-breakdown-luke
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
The world will be caught unawares, so no matter how much I ventilate here, many will still not pay heed.

It will come as a snare...
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
The world will be caught unawares, so no matter how much I ventilate here, many will still not pay heed.

It will come as a snare, like a snare
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 11:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
Any questions?
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by xtivin(m): 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Jesus disciples had one common similarity with jesus...They all knew when their hour came.From my observation They knew Jerusalem is a terrible city full of persecutionist but they would not cease going there because they fear not he that kills the flesh but he that kill both flesh and soul.I really admire that boldness
Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
The first time he came, he came as a sacrificial lamb. This time around, he has come as a conquering and consuming lion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Complete Breakdown Of Luke 21 and the end of time. by MrPresident1: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2016
Anybody interested in this thread?

(1) (Reply)

See What A Chinese Woman Had To Say About Nigerians And Religion / Misplaced Priorities / Please Nairalanders Help My Family We Are Starving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.