Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? (25755 Views)

Behind The Hype, Is Dangote’s Refinery A Game Changer? / Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by DanPel(m): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2016
not worth it... bt previous years were really hits bac to bac.
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by nkemma54(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2016
in other countries, yeah it is

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 27, 2016
I don't buy on impulse, never. Nigeria is the definition of dishonesty, they give with left hand take with the right hand.
Even if it's an expired product, they would rather change things he label than reduce the price . The more you look, the less you see

5 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by drnoel: 8:06am On Nov 27, 2016
JKisOK:
I just called a Friend, who is General Manager of a company and very IT-savvy. When I asked him about BLACK FRIDAY, he hissed. He told me it was an anti-climax. The popular companies completely lost the spirit of this concept imported from UK, EU and USA. Many of the sellers "did 419." They jacked up prices beyond normal and announced percentage reductions... no real bargains at all. At the end of the day, you ended up buying an item for its same old price, with virtually no price reduction. Is this true? Please, share your BLACK FRIDAY experience.

Which one is black Friday
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Femich18(m): 8:08am On Nov 27, 2016
StoneLucifer:
It was a big scam despite the hype and its just going to be the way MMM will give people cardiac arrest very soon..
What is even your problem with MMM.what is the correlation between MMM and black Friday.you just want to talk?

13 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by nwajesus12(m): 8:10am On Nov 27, 2016
StoneLucifer:
It was a big scam despite the hype and its just going to be the way MMM will give people cardiac arrest very soon..
WETIN CONCERN MMM IN THIS BIKONU...ABEG!!!...NON SEQUITUR...NEX!!!

8 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2016
Black friday? is it an event
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by hollyfat(m): 8:11am On Nov 27, 2016
Well some black friday offers really worth it, E.G Whogohost 75% off on all orders

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by smellingmenses: 8:11am On Nov 27, 2016
cococandy:
In U.S yes.

My favorite sites had online sale even though it wasn't cyber Monday yet. Kate spade bag for 75% off. Could have asked for better. smiley smiley

Louis Vuitton bags on huge discount. I sneakily pointed him towards that direction. Hoping to get a 'surprise' for xmas. cheesy

Waiting for cyber Monday too.

Sorry about your bad Jumia experience. Nigerian sellers are not really known for looking out for the poor masses.
I didn't see the direction o....abeg repoint
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by iykedare(m): 8:12am On Nov 27, 2016
MVLOX:
It was overly worth it.... As a sales consultant with one of the online markets I was able to help customers get products at outrageously beat down prices

Shut the hell up.

You are just an agent of those scammers - jumia and Konga

8 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by ssfWeShss: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2016
It didn't make sense at all.. With all the 1% reductions I was seeing here and there. Its not surprising tho.. Judging from the country's financial state. Its impossible to get a proper black friday

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by donsheddy1(m): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2016
I thought I was the only one who ever noticed this since 2 years ago! That's just why I stuck to aliexpress and amazon cos their black Friday sales is just what it should be. I never was a fan of the Nigerian market when it comes to shopping online.

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by alsudaes1(m): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2016
waylz:
I still wonder why we enjoy scamming each other in this country. I notice we derive joy from it.

You are absolutely right bro.

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by WesBreezy: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Black friday? is it an event
yes before Monday Night Raw!

3 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by jeff1607(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2016
no bag of rice was put 4sale

3 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 27, 2016
WesBreezy:

yes before Monday Night Raw!
hmm ok
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by maasoap(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2016
JKisOK:
I just called a Friend, who is General Manager of a company and very IT-savvy. When I asked him about BLACK FRIDAY, he hissed. He told me it was an anti-climax. The popular companies completely lost the spirit of this concept imported from UK, EU and USA. Many of the sellers "did 419." They jacked up prices beyond normal and announced percentage reductions... no real bargains at all. At the end of the day, you ended up buying an item for its same old price, with virtually no price reduction. Is this true? Please, share your BLACK FRIDAY experience.
Yes, it was true. I checked the price of Innjoo Halo X on Jumia twice in the past. Then, on black Friday, I checked again and I realised that the new price was still the same but they put old price there by adding something like N5000 to it. If I didn't know the price before Friday, I would have thought that they reduced the price by N5000.
But I ordered another phone when they sent me a voucher of N1200 twenty minutes to twelve midnight. At least, that would pay part of their shipping charge.
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by InvertedHammer: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2016
/
1. Not every item is up for discount.

2. Item A = N1000

On Black friday, the ad reads like this:
Item A:
Original price:N1,400
Now: N1,100.

The seller rips you off. But you believed you got a bargain. The reduction in price of popular products is to lure customers in for the kill on other items. It is all psychological

Companies are in business to make money not to be father Xmas.

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by justmenoni: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2016
Are you related to seun egbegbe?

2dugged:
NO, would have been worth it if my dream phone htc 10 was sold for #50k

3 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by vicoloni(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2016
I got blazers of 25k each for 4k each! Worked for me

3 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by frankopit: 8:30am On Nov 27, 2016
wanted to buy Iphone 6s Plus from amazon America(US). i added different variety of the phone to my cart.10 days before Black Friday the price keep going up and i was notified of price increase on the items on my cart.the prices never came down.because of this i refuse to Buy the iPhone till any time I'm comfortable.Black Friday is not applied to all product e.g electronics.
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by maasoap(m): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2016
SweetJoystick:
If it's not on Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, Alibaba and the rest.... then it's not black Friday, unfortunately I couldn't participate because NGN card wasn't working for foreign transaction.
The same thing happened to me. But now, I know better. One can easily use GTBank naira card to pay dollars into one's aliexpress pocket. If you don't have GTBank account, you can use that of one person close to you.

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by calabardick(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2016
black friday suppose to be naija police remembrance day

my one cent

2 Likes

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Viking007(m): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2016
just another scam for the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Zellie: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2016
fücking scamangry
Fake discounts . makes you think they're doing you a favor.

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by maasoap(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2016
olaade714:
11/11 on aliexpress is the best cool.. . I don't buy things on Jumia or konga, angry angry....

Try aliexpress, and you will give glory to the lord
I will update my GTBank account and get the atm card ready for next year. Lack of functional account and inexperience made me missed all the items I already picked including Xiaomi redmi 4 prime.
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Ugosample(m): 8:49am On Nov 27, 2016
It was worth it Abroad , but in Nigeria, because of our greedy nature, it was not really worth it.

1 Like

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Ugosample(m): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2016
mcemmy0z:
Nigeria and copy cat
Assuming this is true. what should now happen
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by zicoraads: 9:02am On Nov 27, 2016
It wasn't worth it. I'm happy I bought a phone on Ali express on 11:11:2016. That is when they slash their own prices. And I know how much the phones goes for, and how much I got it for. Totally worth it I tell you.
Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by Micheezy7(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2016
Scam Friday

Re: Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? by zicoraads: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2016
olaade714:
11/11 on aliexpress is the best cool.. . I don't buy things on Jumia or konga, angry angry....

Try aliexpress, and you will give glory to the lord
I just posted my comment before seeing this. I got a phone. A phone worth about 50k was worth I got for about 25k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bet9ja Refused To Pay 15 Million Won With Bonus All Evidence Available / Nigerian Woman Demands For Her Money From Halifax Bank Cashier In UK (Video) / FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.