Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation (15149 Views)

President Buhari Set To Commission Post-graduate Centre Built By CBN At ABU / 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Laxy009(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tobilee:
Shout-out to ma Eksu Nigguhs and Babes.....First class,what?.....I comment my reserve!

Abeg tell them oooo. First class for Eksu? . We hardly have 10 in my school comprising from all faculty. In my class nobody get first class when they pasted the graduating list.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by jospepper(m): 2:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Matildahenshaw:
ABU are strict jare. I remembered in our 100level we started with 15 first-class. Now by our 300level second semester result we have only 4 remaining out of which 3 are on less than 4.53
Proudly an ABUSITE, I was in Textile Science U02. Which was ur dept.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by xample(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Try LASU, body go tell you
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by bakoson: 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:
In the University of Port Harcourt....You can hardly get 7 first class from the Entire school during Convocation.

Schools in the West , North and East keep bagging First Class.

But when you come to South South ....Count yourself Lucky if u get a 2.1.

Can Uniport convocate eleven thousand graduate in one convocation? Before making such assertion, you need to consider the size of graduate convocating. You dont just sit in the comfort of your house and make assertion about region you have never visited! And I doubt if you have study outside south south before or visited any state outside south south!!!
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by dada01(m): 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
seguno2:
Na who 1st class epp?
Wetin previous 1st class don invent, discover and what hypothesis or theory have they come up with to address issues of concern to us?

Atleast, first go get the first class b4 you com here com dey shout say "who first class don help"
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Usernamesucks: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Undisputed001:

They have improved. During my time in ABU, you hardly get first class. Things are changing. They are now trying to copy other universities who now award over 100 first class in a year.
I don't doubt their competencies especially in Engineering courses.

Engineering graduate? What year?
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by AlphaT1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:
In the University of Port Harcourt....You can hardly get 7 first class from the Entire school during Convocation.

I guarantee you, a first class graduate from A.B.U is a first class anywhere in the world. Quote me anywhere. I know what I went through to make 4.52 seven years ago.The best graduating student had 4.60. We both proceeded to Unilag for MSc (in different depts), he got 5.0 out of 5.0 and proceeded to UK for PhD (of course you know they won't allow him come back). I got 4.8/5.0 in Unilag, went to USA for another MSc and got 4.0/4.0. before returning here to work ( i don't want a PhD for now). In Unilag we both got that their scholarship (Trainee Assistant, TA). Mind you there were other first class and 2.1s too that went for the interview for the TA award.
My friend made 4.6 in Physics (A.B.U), went to Canada and made 3.89/4, got Cambridge scholarship for phD, afterwhich they retained him there.
Another friend from chemical engineering, got 4.2/5.0, went to MIT for masters (on scholarship), came top of his class n got a studentship for phD. He is now working with an oil n gas firm in the US as a manager.
The very guy that encouraged me not to give up also made first class, breaking a record of 14yrs of no first class in his course. He went to UI for MSc n got 4.8/5.0. He is in UCL now on PhD scholarship. These are real facts.
I respect any first class from A.B.U. When the Senate decides to single one person out of the many potential first class students, then that person must really be good.

4 Likes

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by mechanics(m): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
MEERLEEQ:
Chai ABU. What da hell is this?? 49 out of 8545 undergraduate. Just 0.57 percent. Those 49 must be really good.
lolz u meant dat percentage is small abi?
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by ut47(m): 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
fuckpro:
Let me tell you something if you make a first class in those school you are a scholar not just a first class product,why? because there the system is setup to fail you,the lecturers are out for you they will tell you in their time it did not happened so don't even dream about it faculty of science and engineering as a whole have gone on without producing first class for years if not dacades,... Maximum first class is 5 and this is even an exaggeration 2 or 3 is the norm so to hear a school graduate 49 is like an abomination

I doubt you bro.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by CallMeNJay: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
AlphaT1:

I guarantee you, a first class graduate from A.B.U is a first class anywhere in the world. Quote me anywhere. I know what I went through to make 4.52 seven years ago.The best graduating student had 4.60. We both proceeded to Unilag for MSc (in different depts), he got 5.0 out of 5.0 and proceeded to UK for PhD (of course you know they won't allow him come back). I got 4.8/5.0 in Unilag, went to USA for another MSc and got 4.0/4.0. before returning here to work ( i don't want a PhD for now). In Unilag we both got that their scholarship (Trainee Assistant, TA). Mind you there were other first class and 2.1s too that went for the interview for the TA award.
My friend made 4.6 in Physics (A.B.U), went to Canada and made 3.89/4, got Cambridge scholarship for phD, afterwhich they retained him there.
Another friend from chemical engineering, got 4.2/5.0, went to MIT for masters (on scholarship), came top of his class n got a studentship for phD. He is now working with an oil n gas firm in the US as a manager.
The very guy that encouraged me not to give up also made first class, breaking a record of 14yrs of no first class in his course. He went to UI for MSc n got 4.8/5.0. He is in UCL now on PhD scholarship. These are real facts.
I respect any first class from A.B.U. When the Senate decides to single one person out of the many potential first class students, then that person must really be good.

I'm not Saying those with first class don't deserve it... Only meant the percentage / amount of first class produced by schools in the south are very little compared to the amount produced in other part of the Country...for reasons i don't know.

Just see the trend

SCHOOLS IN THE WEST

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN

https://www.nairaland.com/3467332/ui-graduates-5598-studentsas-117/1#51072870
A total of 117, out of 5,598, graduating students of the University of Ibadan, emerged in the first class category at the institution’s 2016 convocation ceremony

178 First Class as UNILAG Graduates 5,472 Students

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/198964-unilag-produces-178-first-class-graduates-20142015-session.html

Covenant University
157 students graduate with a First Class
http://pulse.ng/student/covenant-university-157-students-graduate-with-a-first-class-id5198470.html

NORTHERN UNIVERSITY

BUK
63 Bags First Class, Bayero University Kano Last Convocation
http://.com/63-bags-first-class-as-bayero-university-graduates-8875-students-share-this/

49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation
https://www.nairaland.com/3488226/49-bag-first-class-abus/2#51422902

SOUTH SOUTH

But University of Port Harcourt
2011/2012 Session ... 6 First Class out of 5707 graduands.

2012/2013 Session ... 17 First class out of 5574 graduands.

2013/2014 Session ... 15 First Class.

https://www.nairaland.com/2372868/uniport-graduates-41-first-class

And you hardly get them from Science/Engineering related courses.

Another South- South School
University of Calabar
2016 UNICAL Convocation : 12 Bags First Class as 7,222 Graduates
https://www.nairaland.com/2985903/unical-produces-12-first-class/1#43713706

28th Convocation: 10 Bags First Class Degree Out Of 8,120 Graduands
https://www.nairaland.com/2197841/unical-holds-28th-convocation-10#31656477

So why are schools in the south south having less first class, while those in the North,West and East Harvest Hundreds of First Class every year?
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Realist5: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
I forgive who ever scammed you of common sense.
Me23:
Superstory. Tell me wen u apply for a job, will u b ask which skul u graduated from?? Dey dia mak u dey hype Abu wen dem don almost destroy ppl pikin lyf
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Realist5: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
I forgive who ever scammed you of common sense.
Me23:
Superstory. Tell me wen u apply for a job, will u b ask which skul u graduated from?? Dey dia mak u dey hype Abu wen dem don almost destroy ppl pikin lyf

1 Like

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by wayisshut: 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
oyb:

Uniport ke? The institution that gave us the duo of gej and pej?

I look at any potential hires from that institute with a magnifying glass.

SIR, those duo became your president and first lady for more than five years. If you were a better candidate then your place should have been spared.

I bet to differ on this one sir ? I think it was your type that voted for buhari?
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Henycymama(f): 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

The admission list for the current academic year was was released last week.

You can check here, if you applied: https://abu.edu.ng/ugadmissions/tblugadmissions_list.php

The stuff is saying 'no record found '
why?
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Henycymama:

The stuff is saying 'no record found '
why?

Did you apply? What course and department?
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Jarus(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Laxy009:

Abeg tell them oooo. First class for Eksu? . We hardly have 10 in my school comprising from all faculty. In my class nobody get first class when they pasted the graduating list.

Be truthful to yourself, which best students in a good secondary school will want to go to EKSU? Most (very) brilliant students in Ondo/Ekiti axis go to Ife/UI.

So who will make the first class?

6 Likes

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Neozy(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Naija universities dull jare. Is it when the percentage of people that get first first class is low, then the university is good whereas abroad it is your inventions, your successful research and things like that. That why Nigerian universities are not among the best in Africa not to talk of the worldwide.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Neozy(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:

So Many People Calling me out!!

I'm not Saying those with first class don't deserve it... Only meant the percentage / amount of first class produced by schools in the south are very little compared to the amount produced in other part of the Country...for reasons i don't know.

Just see the trend

SCHOOLS IN THE WEST

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN

https://www.nairaland.com/3467332/ui-graduates-5598-studentsas-117/1#51072870
A total of 117, out of 5,598, graduating students of the University of Ibadan, emerged in the first class category at the institution’s 2016 convocation ceremony

178 First Class as UNILAG Graduates 5,472 Students

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/198964-unilag-produces-178-first-class-graduates-20142015-session.html

Covenant University
157 students graduate with a First Class
http://pulse.ng/student/covenant-university-157-students-graduate-with-a-first-class-id5198470.html

NORTHERN UNIVERSITY

BUK
63 Bags First Class, Bayero University Kano Last Convocation
http://.com/63-bags-first-class-as-bayero-university-graduates-8875-students-share-this/

49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation
https://www.nairaland.com/3488226/49-bag-first-class-abus/2#51422902

SOUTH SOUTH

But University of Port Harcourt
2011/2012 Session ... 6 First Class out of 5707 graduands.

2012/2013 Session ... 17 First class out of 5574 graduands.

2013/2014 Session ... 15 First Class.

https://www.nairaland.com/2372868/uniport-graduates-41-first-class

And you hardly get them from Science/Engineering related courses.

Another South- South School
University of Calabar
2016 UNICAL Convocation : 12 Bags First Class as 7,222 Graduates
https://www.nairaland.com/2985903/unical-produces-12-first-class/1#43713706

28th Convocation: 10 Bags First Class Degree Out Of 8,120 Graduands
https://www.nairaland.com/2197841/unical-holds-28th-convocation-10#31656477

So why are schools in the south south having less first class, while those in the North,West and East Harvest Hundreds of First Class every year?
Naija universities dull jare. Is it when the percentage of people that get first first class is low, then the university is good whereas abroad it is your inventions, your successful research and things like that. That why Nigerian universities are not among the best in Africa not to talk of the worldwide.

1 Like

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by adeniyi3971(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
fuckpro:
Let me tell you something if you make a first class in those school you are a scholar not just a first class product,why? because there the system is setup to fail you,the lecturers are out for you they will tell you in their time it did not happened so don't even dream about it faculty of science and engineering as a whole have gone on without producing first class for years if not dacades,... Maximum first class is 5 and this is even an exaggeration 2 or 3 is the norm so to hear a school graduate 49 is like an abomination

lol... somebody give this guy admission to study in ABU..

so 49 first class is not fair enough.. for a school to produce first class shows that they had students who distinguished themselves exceptionally.. after looking for ways to find them unworthy, they still could not help but give them... for those glorified secondary schools to hoard first class to deserving students shows how stupid the administration is...

1-now I don't still get your point.. are you saying that for the fact that Abu churned out 49 first class this year means their curriculum is inferior to that of uniport and the rest, that churns out less?

2- when did churning first class students Mar the reputation or standard of a school?

3- do you mean ABU churning out 49 first class students( which is “too much" for a university), did a wrong a thing?

4-those schools you mentioned stand nowhere close I respect no where close to Abu in all ramifications. Now does producing much more first class students make them in any way lesser than those school??

so many questions to ask but answer those first.

shalom
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by adeniyi3971(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
fuckpro:
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by adeniyi3971(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
fuckpro:

lol... somebody give this guy admission to study in ABU..

so 49 first class is not fair enough.. for a school to produce first class shows that they had students who distinguished themselves exceptionally.. after looking for ways to find them unworthy, they still could not help but give them... for those glorified secondary schools to hoard first class to deserving students shows how stupid the administration is...

1-now I don't still get your point.. are you saying that for the fact that Abu churned out 49 first class this year means their curriculum is inferior to that of uniport and the rest, that churns out less?

2- when did churning first class students Mar the reputation or standard of a school?

3- do you mean ABU churning out 49 first class students( which is “too much" for a university), did a wrong a thing?

4-those schools you mentioned stand nowhere close I respect no where close to Abu in all ramifications. Now does producing much more first class students make them in any way lesser than those school??

so many questions to ask but answer those first.

shalom
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by EmmyDe25(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2016
Matildahenshaw:
ABU are strict jare. I remembered in our 100level we started with 15 first-class. Now by our 300level second semester result we have only 4 remaining out of which 3 are on less than 4.53

Till date, they've only had 2 people who graduated with first class from the department i finished from. One is a lecturer. The level of witch hunting is grand!
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Henycymama(f): 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Did you apply? What course and department?
my brother applied Elect Elect
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2016
Henycymama:

my brother applied
Elect Elect

He wasn't offered admission.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by alexarelano(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

The admission list for the current academic year was was released last week.

You can check here, if you applied: https://abu.edu.ng/ugadmissions/tblugadmissions_list.php
Thanks egbon
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by alexarelano(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Realist5:
Since sir. But a few are still coming.
Thanks
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
Caseless:
don't mind them . Throughout my days in that school , there was no year they produced more than one first class. In fact, some years went without a first class.

What department are you?

Sharap angry
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Caseless:
don't mind them . Throughout my days in that school , there was no year they produced more than one first class. In fact, some years went without a first class.

What department are you?

Sharrap dia!

Buhari supporter!
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Aliyu333: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sodiq3:
Aliyu, how far? Was that girl with 4.80 from your department given any award. I have a very big reservation on how ABU treated the guy with the 4.90CGPA.He is the overall best graduating student but only a laptop was given to him. Or are there other benefits from the management awaiting him apart from that? 4.90 no be beans o..
Brother nothing oooo. She wey get 4.80 nd some wey commot with 4.53 were treated dsame. It was sad though, she deserves something badd. And yes Ibrahim Awofe, the guy from bus admin, they didn't celebrate him as ought to. But who knows?? since his department loves him, they might sponsor him for masters and even retain him.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by kennyjam: 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
AlphaT1:

Pls Sir, can i PM You? i just need some clues from You. Thanks!
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by AlphaT1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2016
kennyjam:

Pls Sir, can i PM You? i just need some clues from You. Thanks!

U may email me... tyav24@gmail.com
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by kennyjam: 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
AlphaT1:

U may email me... tyav24@gmail.com

got it, right away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Denies Any Form Of Negotiation And N15.89bn Payment Rumour, / Use Of English JAMB Past Questions And Answers PDF Download / Hajj Commission Offers 2019 UTME Top Scorers Free Pilgrimage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.