Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother (1297 Views)

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / Woman Shocked As Her Mother Dresses Her Daughter In Shoes She Wore 35years Ago / 23-year-old Law Student Gets A Mercedes Benz From Her Mother As Birthday Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by macveracity(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2016
my Sister was separated from her daughter at the age of 1yr and 9 months from a man that is not yet legally married to her.
against my sisters wish and awareness he took the baby out with him outside the country. after 2yrs (last week) he send the baby to his home town while he is still lying to us that the baby is still with him. we decided to pay visit to his home town yesterday, only to see the baby with his family. I want to take it up diplomatically but it is obvious that we are dealing with set of mindless people who doesn't know the pains they have put my sister and my entire family into within this yrs of separating a mother from her child.
the guy when called on phone to inform him about our plan to go with the baby at that moment started pleading that we wait till he comes back this Xmas to talk things over b4 taking the baby. but I am sensing they may take the baby into hiding if we give any chance to their plead.

plz can someone who is experience put me true on how to write to the AIG zone 6 for necessary action and how to get the service of any human right lawyer if necessary.

thanks
Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Laird(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2016
Threaten him to allow the Child be with You as a minor until the Child has grown a little....

Threaten to inform police, human rights organisations, involve lawyer and last resort the embassy

But explore all diplomatic channels first

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by macveracity(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
thanks @ Laird
Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Laird(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
You are welcome
Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Onegai(f): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Compile all evidence and documents, approach an NGO, write to Linda Ikeji and Stella Dimoko Korkus and every blog.

How did he get an International Passport for the child without the Mother's written letter of consent and her IDs? Next time he tries to fly out, go to the airport of departure with Mother and inform NIS that he is trying to take a minor out without mother's consent. They don't joke with that (because it can cause wahala much later on if things escalate).

Christmas, go with a lawyer experienced in Family Law (don't inform anyone present what the lawyer's job is, just say he/she's a friend). Come to a specific agreement (does your sister get full or partial custody, when does she take her child, etc). Get it in writing, ask the man to sign. How come he was able to take the child in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by ifyalways(f): 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Where exactly is the child now cos that is not very clear from your write up.

If you can, keep the child while you wait for the dad to come back.

Gather and keep all evidence, which country did he take the child to? Find and keep the embassy contacts handy.

Give room for peace, wait till he comes then try to resolve amicably with him but if that fails, then go the "werey" routse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Nezzel(f): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
He doesn't have any right over the baby because he is not married to the mother..
Where I come from the baby belongs solely to the girl's family..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by EfemenaXY: 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
I'm sorry I don't get this.

Are you saying the man is overseas and your sister is in Naija? And the baby with inlaws in Naija?

What stops your sister from going right in there to take her baby? And they aren't even married.

Is this thread a joke??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by macveracity(m): 7:32am On Nov 28, 2016
Thank you all for your kind advice,
@Onegai, he took the girl away by tricks. After Xmas celebration in my house with the baby and the mother in the year 2014, the guy came to pick the baby with my sister with the intention to spend some days with his family before traveling Togo. At the same moment he convinced my sister who is preparing to go back with the baby to the place of her NYSC primary assignment to be doing first while he bring the baby to her b4 traveling. Within 48 hours after my sister left the guy took these baby away.

Should we be talking able full or partial custodian here while the guy in question has not traditional done anything in her head. I paid for the hospital bill when the baby was born. I have ever b4 he took the girl away took are no fun all her bills and that of the mother. Plz advice

@Ifyalways. The baby has been with the guys family over one week now since he brought her home through her sister who just came back from Togo. We got the security info of their return that was while we went to find out and as well I took the girls pictures and some Vedio coverage with my sister (the baby's mother) who went with me to prove that the baby is back.

I want to go back for the baby. I don't think I can stay still when the guy comes back
Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by ifyalways(f): 8:03am On Nov 28, 2016
macveracity:
@Onegai, he took the girl away by tricks. After Xmas celebration in my house with the baby and the mother in the year 2014, the guy came to pick the baby with my sister with the intention to spend some days with his family before traveling Togo. At the same moment he convinced my sister who is preparing to go back with the baby to the place of her NYSC primary assignment to be doing first while he bring the baby to her b4 traveling. Within 48 hours after my sister left the guy took these baby away.

Should we be talking able full or partial custodian here while the guy in question has not traditional done anything in her head. I paid for the hospital bill when the baby was born. I have ever b4 he took the girl away took are no fun all her bills and that of the mother. Plz advice

@Ifyalways. The baby has been with the guys family over one week now since he brought her home through her sister who just came back from Togo. We got the security info of their return that was while we went to find out and as well I took the girls pictures and some Vedio coverage with my sister (the baby's mother) who went with me to prove that the baby is back.

I want to go back for the baby. I don't think I can stay still when the guy comes back

Na Togo be the abroad? Abeg you and your family should go for the child then tell the man's family to come see y'all when their son is back.

Togo is not even a good place to raise a child.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Onegai(f): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2016
macveracity:

Go and carry your pikin from the family. He has no legal right to keep the child. Carry your pikin because if he could lie that the baby was spending a short time with him and he disappeared with her for almost 2 years, he can do anything. No custody for now, let him be visiting the child in your home until he can prove his trust.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by cococandy(f): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
So you saw the child and even left again without him/her? If I were you I'd have taken the child that day despite his pleading and wait for him to come back before settling custody arrangements. If he could kidnap her that first time at such a tender age, he can do anything.

I wonder why some men don't understand joint custody and respect for others. If they are not totally abandoning the child, they want to take it away from the mother. No room for civility and humaneness.

5 Likes

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Gracious10: 2:43am On Nov 29, 2016
cococandy:
So you saw the child and even left again without him/her? If I were you I'd have taken the child that day despite his pleading and wait for him to come back before settling custody arrangements. If he could kidnap her that first time at such a tender age, he can do anything.

I wonder why some men don't understand joint custody and respect for others. If they are not totally abandoning the child, they want to take it away from the mother. No trim for civility and humaneness.

Chai! Cococandy, u are always making sense, ... nothing to add. A man who hasn't paid a dime on the woman has no right to the child. I only feel sorry for the child involved, adults behaving like kids...

1 Like

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Mimzyy(f): 5:07am On Nov 29, 2016
She should just go back to that house and take her child away. The man had not right whatsoever to kidnap the child in the first place!

1 Like

Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 29, 2016
A man kidnapped your child, left the country with her, returned the child to Nigeria and abandoned her with his parents . . . . undecided undecided

And you are still here asking questions!

Maybe you don't even deserve that child.
Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by jahsharon: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
macveracity:
my Sister was separated from her daughter at the age of 1yr and 9 months from a man that is not yet legally married to her.

If you had brought up your sister well, then she would not have had a child outside wedlock like Flavour's, Wizkid's, Tuface's, Davido's and Ice Prince's baby mamas. We have heard your side of the story, let us hear from the man too. Only the wicked judges based on one party's narration.
Re: Illegal Separation Of Child Of 1yr+ From Her Mother by macveracity(m): 6:51am On Nov 30, 2016
jahsharon:

If you had brought up your sister well, then she would not have had a child outside wedlock like Flavour's, Wizkid's, Tuface's, Davido's and Ice Prince's baby mamas. We have heard your side of the story, let us hear from the man too. Only the wicked judges based on one party's narration.

You started your contribution with blames, though you are entitled to your opinion but being polite with the choice of words used in a public forum speaks more of maturity.
Secondly I did not ask you to be the Judge here, I have only asked for the professional legal advice from well meaning participant in this forum who are experience and or have been in this related predicament and a possible way forward with dialogue were necessary.
Thanks anyway

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Pre-wedding Photos Of A Soldier & A Nurse / Read This Before Hiring A Personal Driver / Is This A Sign Of Disloyalty Or Betrayal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.