Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) (2988 Views)

Please Is Planting Of Beans Really Profitable? / I Buy Cucumber In Large Quantity / How To Plant 24,000 Seeds Of Cucumber On A 3plot Of Land And Make Millions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
All glory be to God Almighty for given us the opportunity to have a bountiful harvest this year and to compliment it is this AKURO farming .
As we all know that during dry season vegetables are planted in the swampy area to serve the consumers when the dry season is at it peak and when you can hardly see vegetables around.
So in our own area me and my friends now decides to try cucumber in these small swampy portion in our neighbourhood.
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by pamdaniel(m): 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
try? I pray no burning of fingers
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
Day 1 - planting
Seed - Sarina

Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Pixs

Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by pamdaniel(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
weldone
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2016
Good morning
It rains all through last night and pray my seeds grows.
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by Dadanoah(m): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
babakk2:
Day 1 - planting Seed - Sarina
weldone bro.
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by dondo83(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
babakk2:
Good morning It rains all through last night and pray my seeds grows.
is it sack farming?
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by dondo83(m): 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
pamdaniel:
weldone
is it advisable to plant cucumber in a swampy area?
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by pamdaniel(m): 5:05am On Nov 30, 2016
dondo83:

is it advisable to plant cucumber in a swampy area?
not advisable sir...though cucumbers are water lovers but they have shallow roots... and this roots nay not hold ground on the swamp... u I tot the pix there shows u u are going on sack?
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
pamdaniel:
not advisable sir...though cucumbers are water lovers but they have shallow roots... and this roots nay not hold ground on the swamp... u I tot the pix there shows u u are going on sack?
Thanx you are right that cucumber is vegetables but it doesn't love to much water because it will root sock and die.
So I decided to use sack for the planting and will be wetting it wells.
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by Dadanoah(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
babakk2:
Day 1 - planting
Seed - Sarina
gud p.m! plz did u plant sarina seed before? if yes;how much d one tin? it use hws many days bfore u start harvestin it?
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=Dadanoah post=51519391]gud p.m! plz did u plant sarina seed before? if yes;how much d one tin? it use hws many days bfore u start harvestin it?[/quote
Thanx for the question
I use darina and not Sarina as earlier stated it was a typographical error.
Darina is good seed versions of hybrid .
3-4 days after planting it must have started germinating.
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
Pix of germination at day 4

Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by babakk2(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2016
Good morning how was your weekend?
It is fulltime wetting things this days as the only source of water is through artificial source .
Wetting tinz all the way. I will send pix later
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by Cyanda: 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hi rummies... Babakk2 watsup wit ur cucumber?
Re: Late Planting Of Cucumber In A Swampy Land (AKURO) by pamdaniel(m): 6:46am On Feb 21, 2018
Sacks are far away from each other, why the much spacing? They are reasons for spacing when planting on bare ground, but as far sack farming u don't need such spaces... It's as equal as planting on ground.
I guess that's almost 2-3 plots over there... U can do more than that there and get cool cash from same hardwork.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

6 Acres Of Land For Sale Can Be Used For Agriculture, Resident Or Commercial.... / Are You In Need Of An Affordable Website To Sell Your Farm Produce? / Live Big Turkeys Up For Sales. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.