Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress (1106 Views)

‘executions By Guillotine’ Finally Passed In USA... / Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria / US Senate Has Passed The 'obama Health Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by naliakar: 5:37am On Nov 08, 2009
The Health Reform bill barely passes in House: 220-215. A major hurdle passed. I wonder how Tayo-D feels
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by princekevo(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2009
Another great history has been made by this guy. Am so much happy abt this particular achievement. Keep it up.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by Ibime(m): 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2009
Yes we can!

Obama! Obama! Obama!

The people have won.

Where the haters at?
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by yeswecan(m): 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2009
I'm loving it
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by yeswecan(m): 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2009
This is history
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by Ikomi(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2009
I still remember someone asking what is it, that it is, that Tayo-D's feeling is?
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by TayoD1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2009
@naliakar,

The Health Reform bill barely passes in House: 220-215. A major hurdle passed. I wonder how Tayo-D feels
Let me put yours and other people's wonderment to rest by sharing with you my first thought when I learnt that the bill passed the House.

The first thing that came to mind was a quote by a Native American Indian Chief (his name escapes me now).  The Chief declared the following when he was asked about other Indians who just signed away their land to the White man and chose to move into Reservations: "Indians? What Indians?  I am the only Indian left".

The Native Indians were in most part receptive of the White man who stepped on their land.  History teaches us that the first surviving colony in North America would not have made it save for the Indian tribes that taught them survival techniques.  Over time, the White man continued to migrate into Indian territory, displace the Native people, destroy their way of life and eventually take all of their land from them.

Many of the tribes realise that the opportunity was no longer there to defeat the White man.  The White man in turn, "out of the goodness of his heart" decided to offer the owners of the land meagre portions where he can live.  These meagre acres of land are still refered to today a Reservations.  The White man will give the Indians portions of food, meat, heating oil, clothes and basic necessities of life.  Many Indians considered this a generous offer by the White man. Infact, many betrayed each other and killed each other just to find favor and receive extra portions from the White man.

Others, like the Chief I quoted above, realise that the concept of Reservations denies the fact that the entire land belongs to the Indians.  They were no longer free and are now unable to cater for themselves.  They are now going to be dependent on the White man for everything they provided for and by themselve before.  This is not freedom, it is slavery.

I feel America is now creating another Reservation.  They are taking away our freedom, and creating a dependent class on them. They will give us food, water, housing, healthcare etc as long as we give up something greater - our freedom.  Unknown to many, when you have freedom, you can have all that these people are offering.

Needless to say, I am heartbroken.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by Ikomi(m): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2009
Tayo-D:

@naliakar,
Let me put yours and other people's wonderment to rest by sharing with you my first thought when I learnt that the bill passed the House.

The first thing that came to mind was a quote by a Native American Indian Chief (his name escapes me now).  The Chief declared the following when he was asked about other Indians who just signed away their land to the White man and chose to move into Reservations: "Indians? What Indians?  I am the only Indian left".

The Native Indians were in most part receptive of the White man who stepped on their land.  History teaches us that the first surviving colony in North America would not have made it save for the Indian tribes that taught them survival techniques.  Over time, the White man continued to migrate into Indian territory, displace the Native people, destroy their way of life and eventually take all of their land from them.

Many of the tribes realise that the opportunity was no longer there to defeat the White man.  The White man in turn, "out of the goodness of his heart" decided to offer the owners of the land meagre portions where he can live.  These meagre acres of land are still refered to today a Reservations.  The White man will give the Indians portions of food, meat, heating oil, clothes and basic necessities of life.  Many Indians considered this a generous offer by the White man. Infact, many betrayed each other and killed each other just to find favor and receive extra portions from the White man.

Others, like the Chief I quoted above, realise that the concept of Reservations denies the fact that the entire land belongs to the Indians.  They were no longer free and are now unable to cater for themselves.  They are now going to be dependent on the White man for everything they provided for and by themselve before.  This is not freedom, it is slavery.

I feel America is now creating another Reservation.  They are taking away our freedom, and creating a dependent class on them. They will give us food, water, housing, healthcare etc as long as we give up something greater - our freedom.  Unknown to many, when you have freedom, you can have all that these people are offering.

undecided   naliakar

Tayo-D:

"Indians? What Indians? I am the only Indian left".

In other words "wrong person, what wrong person, Tayo-D is the only wrong person left."
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by bawomolo(m): 4:32am On Nov 09, 2009
They still have to deal with the senate. this is a watered down bill by the way.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by princekevo(m): 4:49am On Nov 09, 2009
Tayo-D:

@naliakar,

The first thing that came to mind was a quote by a Native American Indian Chief (his name escapes me now).  The Chief declared the following when he was asked about other Indians who just signed away their land to the White man and chose to move into Reservations: "Indians? What Indians?  I am the only Indian left".

The Native Indians were in most part receptive of the White man who stepped on their land.  History teaches us that the first surviving colony in North America would not have made it save for the Indian tribes that taught them survival techniques.  Over time, the White man continued to migrate into Indian territory, displace the Native people, destroy their way of life and eventually take all of their land from them.

Many of the tribes realise that the opportunity was no longer there to defeat the White man.  The White man in turn, "out of the goodness of his heart" decided to offer the owners of the land meagre portions where he can live.  These meagre acres of land are still refered to today a Reservations.  The White man will give the Indians portions of food, meat, heating oil, clothes and basic necessities of life.  Many Indians considered this a generous offer by the White man. Infact, many betrayed each other and killed each other just to find favor and receive extra portions from the White man.

Others, like the Chief I quoted above, realise that the concept of Reservations denies the fact that the entire land belongs to the Indians.  They were no longer free and are now unable to cater for themselves.  They are now going to be dependent on the White man for everything they provided for and by themselve before.  This is not freedom, it is slavery.

I feel America is now creating another Reservation.  They are taking away our freedom, and creating a dependent class on them. They will give us food, water, housing, healthcare etc as long as we give up something greater - our freedom.  Unknown to many, when you have freedom, you can have all that these people are offering.

American seems to be the most retard and selfish human on earth. What is wrong in passing a bill that gives every citizens access to an affordable medical health care. You have the money to buy the expensive health insurance from insurance companies. Have you thought of how many ordinary American on the street who can afford such cost to. Many Americans are dying of Cancers and other disease jst becoz they don't have a good health insurance policy to undergo the high cost medical surgery in the States.
There you are giving us History of Indians, which you cannot relate to this health reform bills. Probably the same propaganda you are being fed with by those selfish humans at your congress. You are talking abt freedom, freedom of what are you being denied? Freedom of death? becoz i cant understand the importance of freedom without life. Please save us those histories.
It was funny when i watched people demonstrating against the health reform, i understood that millions of Americans like you are being fed with the wrong interpretation of the whole thing by you power mongers at the congress and many don't even know what it is all abt, many have this stereotyped way of thinking, since the policy does not come from my party nor being supported by them then it is wrong. As such majority of the people interviewed didn't even know why they where demonstrating or what they were demonstrating against.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by TayoD1(m): 5:10am On Nov 09, 2009
@princekevo,

What is wrong in passing a bill that gives every citizens access to an affordable medical health care.
Letmedealwith this in the very juvenile way you made your post.  Tell me, what is wrong in giving the Native Americans free food, free water, free clothes, free houses, free education and free everything under the sun? Like I alluded to earlier, some people don't mind selling their souls for the assurance of receiving hand-outs from a govt.

By the way, nothing is free. Someone, somewhere is paying for what others are receiving free. No one has the right to deprive me of my hard-earned money and freely give the money to others to gain political advantage. If I make my money, I must have the freedom to spend it and give it to whomsoever I choose to give it to.  Even God does not force peopl'smoney out of their pockets.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by princekevo(m): 8:51am On Nov 09, 2009
Tayo-D:

@princekevo,
Letmedealwith this in the very juvenile way you made your post.  Tell me, what is wrong in giving the Native Americans free food, free water, free clothes, free houses, free education and free everything under the sun? Like I alluded to earlier, some people don't mind selling their souls for the assurance of receiving hand-outs from a govt.
The only think i can understand and thank you here is your ability to educate me on the history of Native Americans, but you have not been able to explain to me how this relates to the Health bill. Also why you think implementing this bill means denying your freedom. freedom of wht?
Tayo-D:

@princekevo,

By the way, nothing is free. Someone, somewhere is paying for what others are receiving free. No one has the right to deprive me of my hard-earned money and freely give the money to others to gain political advantage. If I make my money, I must have the freedom to spend it and give it to whomsoever I choose to give it to.  Even God does not force peopl'smoney out of their pockets.

No one is forcing to pay for any body. I believe that every US Citizen has an obligation to fulfill which paying your tax is one of them. Government never forced you to pay tax but you are obliged to pay tax. And i believe US have an established tax distribution based on individuals income and effective way of collection. The people you are talking abt don't evade tax, we assume they pay their taxes jst like you do. That you pay more based on your income does not mean you should deny them the right to a good medical health care. If you think such an opportunity means taking from the rich and giving to the poor as you said, then i think some citizens should also be denied the right to all other social amenities, coz same tax you pay is what is being used to fix the amenities for every citizens to benefit irrespective of their tax distribution.
Mind you the government health package they are campaigning for is never for free, the beneficiaries pays for it, jst that Government will  make it affordable for its Citizens and i don't see anything wrong with that. They didn't kick the health insurance company out of business, but jst engaged them into a competition that may turn out good for you and other citizen. If actually in future these health insurance companies dropped down the high cost of their packages as a result of the competition will you give me the money you saved up from there or the government? It still goes to your pockect.
I don't know why you guys love politicising everything. If you think it is all abt politics to their advantage, then i strongly believe there is something good abt it that make it advantageous to whoever you think.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by yeswecan(m): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2009
@ Tayo-D

I understand your point. This is in existence but people don't want to believe it, from a neutral ground it is good to provide free health care so let’s work with that.

Obama is obviously propelling the agenda of the global elites, we can discuss that in a different context.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by preselect(m): 4:05am On Nov 10, 2009
health reform indeed.

even tayo D is ''sad''. tayo u mean u are so naive that u cant read what is going on? or am i so naive or worse still, am i too negative? the bill will not pass the senate. i thought the house wont be a problem but i was shocked it only narrowly passed.

even that 'conservative health care bill', got only I republican vote. and 39 democrats voted no. i cant believe this. democrats are unbelievable and perhaps dont deserve to be re-elected.

if this reform does not pass, then democrats should be decimated in 20I0 angry
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by preselect(m): 4:07am On Nov 10, 2009
@poster

abeg correct the spelling of bill in the thread title. bill, not bell. make we sabi where this bad luck is coming from
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by bawomolo(m): 4:32am On Nov 10, 2009
dennis kuccinich voted no, that says a lot.

this bill is ridiculously watered down.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by Kobojunkie: 5:58am On Nov 10, 2009
princekevo:

American seems to be the most retard and selfish human on earth. What is wrong in passing a bill that gives every citizens access to an affordable medical health care. You have the money to buy the expensive health insurance from insurance companies. Have you thought of how many ordinary American on the street who can afford such cost to. Many Americans are dying of Cancers and other disease jst becoz they don't have a good health insurance policy to undergo the high cost medical surgery in the States.

The above is a RETARED view on the situation in America. If you have no IDEA why people are fighting to ensure this is DONE RIGHT, then please focus on something else rather than come in to INSULT folks for not taking the RETARDED VIEW that you do.

Americans WANT REFORM, they just DO NOT WANT REFORM that will cost them an ARM AND a LEG and FUTURE PAINS.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by princekevo(m): 6:50am On Nov 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The above is a RETARED view on the situation in America. If you have no IDEA why people are fighting to ensure this is DONE RIGHT, then please focus on something else rather than come in to INSULT folks for not taking the RETARDED VIEW that you do.

Americans WANT REFORM, they just DO NOT WANT REFORM that will cost them an ARM AND a LEG and FUTURE PAINS.

So can you explain how how the bill is gonna cost your Arms and leg in future?
How do you explain such comments as this
1. "Someone, somewhere is paying for what others are receiving free".
Who is paying for who? And who is recieving what for free?
To me that is a retard and selfish comment and it has been made by millions of Americans.

2. "No one has the right to deprive me of my hard-earned money and freely give the money to others to gain political advantage".
Is that not another selfish statements also made by thousands of Americans and believed by millions.
Have you ever reasoned that if this reform could be seen as political advantage to the democrates, then there must be something good in it. Why has the opposition being against it for years?

3. How do you explain a full grown adult demonstrating on the street without knowing why he/she is on the street? Is that not retardness?

The comment i made above is not from wht i red on the news. I have americans frens and i know the real situation an average American is passing through in terms health care. Do you know how long millions have waited to embrace such an opportunity, while few are there at the white house politicising it at the expense of people lifes
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by Kobojunkie: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2009
princekevo:

So can you explain how how the bill is gonna cost your Arms and leg in future?
How do you explain such comments as this
1. "Someone, somewhere is paying for what others are receiving free". Who is paying for who? And who is recieving what for free?  To me that is a retard and selfish comment and it has been made by millions of Americans.

WHAT?? shocked  I am sorry, the post above is even more RETARDED than I expected. So, where do you think money to run America comes from? Our DRUG businesses or the war which has cost us billions already? Where do you think money to fund the many subsidies and free housing and welfare programs currently come from for the millions of poor already in the system? Where do you think the money will come from to pay for the HealthCare bill to be passed? 

I don’t see you or anyone of you all out there crying that folks are retarded for wanting to make sure they do not end up with the short end of the stick VOLUNTEERING to help pay for the bill since you are here now to tell us you CARE MORE for those poor souls than those who are concerned about their purses do.

How much are you willing to contribute in this case to help the millions you claim to be concerned about?

We have people who live in high-tax cities because they need to stay employed; people with family members to take care of. Many of these people are wondering how much of an extra tax burden the Health care bill is going to be on them, and you are here trying to spew crap that it is RETARDED for them to QUESTION the bill in any form? You really have no heart, do you, let alone any clue what is happening?

princekevo:

2. "No one has the right to deprive me of my hard-earned money and freely give the money to others to gain political advantage".
Is that not another selfish statements also made by thousands of Americans and believed by millions.

What is SELFISH is trying to IMPOSE your own WILL On others. It is NOT the duty of individuals to fend for those who do not have. That is why the act of giving is called CHARITY!  You do not ROB peter to FEED PAUL, and then get medals for righteous as a result. That only works in fairy tales!

princekevo:

Have you ever reasoned that if this reform could be seen as political advantage to the democrates, then there must be something good in it. Why has the opposition being against it for years?

What in the world does the above even mean? WHO CARES about the frelling DEMOCRATS? We are speaking of a bill here that is ABOUT THE PEOPLE and FOR THE PEOPLE. 

princekevo:

3. How do you explain a full grown adult demonstrating on the street without knowing why he/she is on the street? Is that not retardness?

What I think is retarded is your assuming he does not know why he is on the street and why he is demonstrating. You really think, with the rather naïve view you have offered so far, that you know what is going on in America, don’t you? Do you somehow think all the while people have been going back and forth on this; it has all been for no absolute reason? I am going to bet you think that.

princekevo:
The comment i made above is not from wht i red on the news. I have americans frens and i know the real situation an average American is passing through in terms health care. Do you know how long millions have waited to embrace such an opportunity, while few are there at the white house politicising it at the expense of people lifes

I disagree!!! You have NO CLUE what the situation is with average Americans at all, as you have made that quite clear with your comments so far.   Tell me, how long have MILLIONS waited to embrace such an opportunity? Are we talking of millions who enjoy such benefits as Medicaid, free clinics and the lot already? Or are we talking of millions who recently lost their jobs and hence insurance as a result? Or are we talking of millions who are lifelong mooches that would rather go to the free county hospitals to queue all day for free health help for minor issues? I mean there the currently uninsured fall into different categories, so you would have to tell me which group you are referring to and then how long.  Which millions are you speaking of here and how long?
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by princekevo(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WHAT?? shocked  I am sorry, the post above is even more RETARDED than I expected. So, where do you think money to run America comes from? Our DRUG businesses or the war which has cost us billions already? Where do you think money to fund the many subsidies and free housing and welfare programs currently come from for the millions of poor already in the system? Where do you think the money will come from to pay for the HealthCare bill to be passed? 

i never heard of this bill being a sort of Charity, free or a welfare programs. Before the bill passed the house they were able to mak a clear provision on how is was gonna work, which is createing a new exchange where people can shop for it and giving the lowest earners tax credits to help them pay for it which i think is normal. So indirectly it was never gonna be a free as many of you guys assumes or robbing your pocket to fund it.
Meanwhile So you guyz can now complain abt the billions America spends daily on Iraq? I never heard anyone of you complained abt it for the past 2years. But here you are complaining abt a public demand ( American people,s demand).
How was the war in Iraq funded? with drug money or from my pocket?
America could spend billions funding a wars for how many years, but prefer a country where 46 million Americans are currently without any type of health insurance, another 25 million people being underinsured? Do you know how many hundreds of thousands more that were sent  into the category of uninsured  with the recent economic woes as unemployment numbers rise and the medical costs that continues to rise daily?

American health affairs stated that $2.4 trillion was spent in 2007, which is 52 percent more than any other nation in the world. Add to those numbers the fact that of the 1.5 million Americans that are likely to declare bankruptcy in 2009,  a study from 'American Journal of Medicine 2009 revealed that more than 60 percent of them result from medical bills.
With this many like you still believe there is no need for reformation of the American health system.
I dont care whatever you think abt that nor whatever assumption you guys holds on it, i believe there is need for government to compete with the private insurance companies that is already dominating the market,  as such giving the public an option. All those craps many are holding on to are jst fear based on assumptions, which i can term as selfishness.
Anyways that is not my problem, but jst a concern, coz i would never someday think of settling in a place like the US. So is of no single benefit to me drinking panadol on someone else headache. Have a good day
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
princekevo:

i never heard of this bill being a sort of Charity, free or a welfare programs. Before the bill passed the house they were able to mak a clear provision on how is was gonna work, which is createing a new exchange where people can shop for it and giving the lowest earners tax credits to help them pay for it which i think is normal. So indirectly it was never gonna be a free as many of you guys assumes or robbing your pocket to fund it.

UUmm . . . .  What do you think a TAX CREDIT means? If the price tag on a service government negotiates for the people is set at 130000 and government offers some people tax credits, what do you think that means? That at the end of the day, Government would pay less than the 130000? I know you can do this, think on it a bit.
Here’s a clue, Government still pays 130000, only it dips into its own pocket for the money to make up for the discount /tax credit and you know where it goes to fill up that pocket?

princekevo:

Meanwhile So you guyz can now complain abt the billions America spends daily on Iraq? I never heard anyone of you complained abt it for the past 2years. But here you are complaining abt a public demand ( American people,s demand).

CAN NOW? Roflmao!!!
I said it, you have NO CLUE what happens in America, do you? SO, it never occurred to you that one of the reasons why people started getting frustrated about the war in the first place was between IT WENT OVER
a) Time people expected it to run for
b) OVER budget people were willing to allow for it?
You seriously believe people did not complain about the budget for the past 2 years, when people started complain less than 3 years into it and it dawned on many that we might be there longer, and have to spend more than we bargained for initially? 

princekevo:

How was the war in Iraq funded? with drug money or from my pocket?
America could spend billions funding a wars for how many years, but prefer a country where 46 million Americans are currently without any type of health insurance, another 25 million people being underinsured?

I think I have asked you this question before. Do you, after spending money you did not expect you would on a car, still go out splurging on other things? Rational beings will sit back and take time to make the next money costing decision before actually going for it. This is exactly what is happening today. People are already overwhelmed by the debt we have ALREADY incurred. Not sure why in your mind you believe it only makes sense for us to add more without making sure everyone is getting a fair deal here.

By the way, even if the war was not funded with money from your pocket, is it then rational to think that since a country can fund a war, it means the country has UNLIMITED supply of the resource and so can fund just about anything, therefore there is NO NEED to debate any other spending issue?

princekevo:

Do you know how many hundreds of thousands more that were sent  into the category of uninsured  with the recent economic woes as unemployment numbers rise and the medical costs that continues to rise daily?
I am one of them! Your point?

princekevo:

American health affairs stated that $2.4 trillion was spent in 2007, which is 52 percent more than any other nation in the world. Add to those numbers the fact that of the 1.5 million Americans that are likely to declare bankruptcy in 2009,  a study from 'American Journal of Medicine 2009 revealed that more than 60 percent of them result from medical bills.

Just out of curiosity, what other nation with any health care system in place has a population that comes close to the 312 MILLION America bears ( I added the 12 million there for illegal immigrants, many of who get free health care benefits as well)?   

princekevo:

With this many like you still believe there is no need for reformation of the American health system.

Roflmao!!! I don’t believe there is need for reform in Health Care system? Now I know you are smoking IDIOTS-WEED for sure. How many American’s have you heard saying “LEAVE IT AS IT IS” in the past 30 years? Not even this year alone, I mean 30 years.

Seriously, I hate it when people come on RAMBLING STUPID nonsense when they have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what is really going on.

princekevo:

I dont care whatever you think abt that nor whatever assumption you guys holds on it, i believe there is need for government to compete with the private insurance companies that is already dominating the market,  as such giving the public an option. All those craps many are holding on to are jst fear based on assumptions, which i can term as selfishness.

Anyways that is not my problem, but jst a concern, coz i would never someday think of settling in a place like the US. So is of no single benefit to me drinking panadol on someone else headache. Have a good day

I guessed as much cause most of your offerings has been that of one with NO IDEA of what is obtained here in America, but quick to RAMBLE on without even taking time to understand the frustrations of the average American and why they want it done right if it is to be done now.

If I sound miffed, you bet I am. I am miffed that folks do not take time to research the history, and true stories behind so many of the issues out here in America. All you have done is compare our spending in one area to another without taking time to understand that this issue has been on the table here in america for longer than most of you have been on earth and there is a legit reason why. You mention how 40 million are not insured and are aware of the fact that it is because many cannot afford it, but you fail to realize that in order to insure that 40 million, we are talking MILLIONS here, someone would have to foot the bill and it ain't gonna be oil money from Nigeria or money from drug businesses but HARD EARNED money of hard working Americans that will be taken to pay for the 40 million you keep mentioning. These same Americans are the ones shouldering most of the burden of paying off the debt from the war, and you feel adding more should not be a big deal? Aren't they human beings? Don't they have a right to speak out when they think things are a bit unfair for them? Why should they be punished simply for making more money? Why should they be treated as if they are the enemies here? If that is not INSANE talk, then I don't know what is.
Re: Health Reform Bill Just Passed In Congress by princekevo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2009
Kobojunkie:

UUmm . . . .  What do you think a TAX CREDIT means? If the price tag on a service government negotiates for the people is set at 130000 and government offers some people tax credits, what do you think that means? That at the end of the day, Government would pay less than the 130000? I know you can do this, think on it a bit.
Here’s a clue, Government still pays 130000, only it dips into its own pocket for the money to make up for the discount /tax credit and you know where it goes to fill up that pocket?

CAN NOW? Roflmao!!!
I said it, you have NO CLUE what happens in America, do you? SO, it never occurred to you that one of the reasons why people started getting frustrated about the war in the first place was between IT WENT OVER
a) Time people expected it to run for
b) OVER budget people were willing to allow for it?
You seriously believe people did not complain about the budget for the past 2 years, when people started complain less than 3 years into it and it dawned on many that we might be there longer, and have to spend more than we bargained for initially? 

You know when you said people i dont exactly understand what you mean by that. Jst last year presidential debate the Rep. candidate still believe the war wasnt over yet as such was against pulling of American troops from Iraq, and am sure the rep. were fully in support of that. When a poll was conducted on withdrawing American troops from Iraq more than 30% of Americans suggested that the country should retain their milliatry there, still spending billions of dollars on war. Though MC. cain  made mention of cutting down the cost without explaining in details how that was gonna be possible. I bet you 98% were Rep. the same people now crying on how government is gonna fund this bill that will benefit American people. So i dont know when they realized that America was over spending as a result of the war.

Kobojunkie:

I think I have asked you this question before. Do you, after spending money you did not expect you would on a car, still go out splurging on other things? Rational beings will sit back and take time to make the next money costing decision before actually going for it. This is exactly what is happening today. People are already overwhelmed by the debt we have ALREADY incurred. Not sure why in your mind you believe it only makes sense for us to add more without making sure everyone is getting a fair deal here.

By the way, even if the war was not funded with money from your pocket, is it then rational to think that since a country can fund a war, it means the country has UNLIMITED supply of the resource and so can fund just about anything, therefore there is NO NEED to debate any other spending issue?

No man or nation is happy when over spending i don't dispute that, what matter or makes it different is the value of what you are making the spending on and the positive impact it creates to in the life of the people. And you thinking it is not a fair deal for an average US citizen to have a good and affordable health insurance, jst becoz you are taxed more according to your income must be selfish.

No one said is should not be debated, but is jst irrational accepting an expenditure that does not directly affect an average US citizen and being against the one that directly affect the citizens, becoz we think it does not favour us or for some selfish reasons is not jst right.

Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!! I don’t believe there is need for reform in Health Care system? Now I know you are smoking IDIOTS-WEED for sure. How many American’s have you heard saying “LEAVE IT AS IT IS” in the past 30 years? Not even this year alone, I mean 30 years.

Seriously, I hate it when people come on RAMBLING STUPID nonsense when they have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what is really going on.

I think you are the one who really does'nt understand why a politician voted into an office would say "LEAVE IT AS IT IS" for good 30years. Meaning that 40millions of Americans or more that voted him in should be without a health insurance jst becoz they are of low status. Only you does not know why this bill has not passed the house for 30years, but i personally know why.

Kobojunkie:

I guessed as much cause most of your offerings has been that of one with NO IDEA of what is obtained here in America, but quick to RAMBLE on without even taking time to understand the frustrations of the average American and why they want it done right if it is to be done now.

If I sound miffed, you bet I am. I am miffed that folks do not take time to research the history, and true stories behind so many of the issues out here in America. All you have done is compare our spending in one area to another without taking time to understand that this issue has been on the table here in america for longer than most of you have been on earth and there is a legit reason why. You mention how 40 million are not insured and are aware of the fact that it is because many cannot afford it, but you fail to realize that in order to insure that 40 million, we are talking MILLIONS here, someone would have to foot the bill and it ain't gonna be oil money from Nigeria or money from drug businesses but HARD EARNED money of hard working Americans that will be taken to pay for the 40 million you keep mentioning. These same Americans are the ones shouldering most of the burden of paying off the debt from the war, and you feel adding more should not be a big deal? Aren't they human beings? Don't they have a right to speak out when they think things are a bit unfair for them? Why should they be punished simply for making more money? Why should they be treated as if they are the enemies here? If that is not INSANE talk, then I don't know what is.

My question remains? Are these 40million people you suggested they should live without health insurance not Americans?
Are there not paying their taxes jst as you do even though you claim you are being taxed higher. You keeps asking who is gonna foot the bills, are they not gonna be directly or indirect part of funding the bills? Why those in the upper class thinks the money will only come from their pocket, becoz they are taxed more according their  income as if those from middle and lower class are not being taxed? Even the Illegal immigrants you people are whining abt jst becoz they will benefit from this bill pays tax to American government.
I dont think it is unfair taxing someone according how much he/she earns.
If you think it is so much stressful and unfair being at the upper class, you can drop down to middle or even lower class so that government would'nt tax you more and you still enjoy the same health insurance packages with the upper class. Simple.

Please you guys should stop being selfish.
if you think being rich so stressful and unfair then try poverty and see the difference.

(1) (Reply)

Us Says It Has 5,113 Nuclear Weapons / Is Russia Living In The Future Part 2 ? (NATO Jammed Out Of Civilization) / Why Blaise Compaore May Be Found Guilty Of Thomas Sankara’s Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.