Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? (882 Views)

Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / See The Most Guarded Kenyan Prophet, All His Body Guards Armed With AK 47 / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sorry for ask this boring question, why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? Is there any bible verse that support it?

Please kindly educate me on this topic. May God bless us all.

Don't be offended by my poor English-speaking.

Cc Brother Seun
Re: Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by lomprico(m): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Any where u see that, God is not there!!
Re: Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
foolish question

why don't you go and ask your pastor, instead of coming to fool around here. Gosh!!!!!
Re: Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by psucc(m): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
That only happen when men had forsaken God and decide to provided his own security.
Re: Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by Splinz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:
Sorry for ask this boring question, why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? Is there any bible verse that support it?

Cc Brother Seun

Because those pastors are simply "men of God men".
Re: Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by Freksy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

Cc Brother Seun

Because they know it's their altar, not God's and hence must put men to guard them.

What those men are to human altar are what angels were to God's altar.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by tosyne2much(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
I think I can answer your question.. Though, there are various reasons why ushers stand beside a pastor during sermon but the one that's very paramount is to ensure decorum, orderliness and ability to spot distractions during sermon. Take for example, a little girl might be roaming to the altar during sermon and thus causes distraction. The ushers standing before pastors are usually at alert so that they can use eyes signal to communicate with the users any anomalities going around right from the podium

I hope this helps
Re: Why Do Body Guards Stand In Front Of God's Altar When Pastor's Are Preaching? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
tosyne2much:
I think I can answer your question.. Though, there are various reasons why ushers stand beside a pastor during sermon but the one I'm familiar with is that they do that to ensure decorum, orderliness and spot anything that would cause distraction. Take for example, a little girl might be roaming to the altar during sermon and thus causes distraction. The duty of the ushers is to quickly use eyes signal to communicate with other ushers any anomality they're sporting right from the podium

I hope this helps
wow! Thanks

(1) (Reply)

"... And God Changed His Mind..." / Explain The Importance Of John The Baptist To The Fulfillment Of Jesus Ministry / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/03/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.