Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money (64266 Views)

FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / Infinitikoncept Has Refused To Released My Goods.. HELP / GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ceejay80s(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
1stolax:
[size=18pt]Nonsense!
So why are you displaying his contact [/size]
Op, you're ingrate grin grin grin
The dude tried for you, at least he's given you some of the money back and he promised to return the rest.
He told you that he was expecting 50k too when the money entered grin
No be the guy say make you mumu go send money to him account. undecided

You should be happy that he is even giving you attention,
Relax and give him some time cheesy

u and ur 21 LIKES followers are thieves, just look at what u just vomited , what will it take him to return the money that is not his, if not bad intentions ?

i still repeat , so many of u are thieves without shame in this forum

14 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by whiteprince(m): 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
1stolax:
[size=18pt]Nonsense!
The dude tried for you, at least he's given you some of the money back and he promised to return the rest.

You are very stupid for saying that

Please Shut ur gutter of a mouth jare...

Even u sef no get sense,look at what u re saying,who is above mistake in this world? And u re here promoting evil

As the receiver knows its not his own why didn't him send it back if truly thieving is not running in his veins

When u want to do something u first of all put ur self in that shoe and think abt the future

I personally have seen huge amounts on the roads mostly at nights bt I refuse to pick them because its not mine and I will try putting my self in the person's shoe if I were the one that lost the money and someone took it as I would take someone's own how will I feel

Please Stop promoting evil and OP involve the police

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by dabrake(m): 12:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:
I did make a huge donation to TeHN under 'anonymous'. Thanks for the insults anyway.
Why then did r231 call you out? That was after Perx passed on
I still remember quite vividly. That was 4 years ago.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by omonnakoda: 12:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
"A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it".

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by omonnakoda: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by donnie(m): 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
progress69:

Bro, dont let anyone u dont know use ur account for any transfer of any kind. Many times its a ploy from scammers. After accessing someone's account, they look for any one they can lure sometimes enticing you with a percentage. Once the deal is done, theynare gone, and sooner, you will see SARS in your house.
There was the guy that does Asun in a joint i go to, we alteady paid him in full to come do Asun the following weekend at a party. The day came, we didn't see him. Everyone was angry waiting to catch him and just beeat him up or something, nit knowing he eas cooling down in Panti. They came to pick him in Ibadan from Lagos. He said some guys came to drink, and begged him they misplaced thier ATM, they want to quickly make a transfer to his account, and he should help them withdraw it and pay for the drinks with POS and told him to keep 20k. Boya he nor know, dem finiah all transaction finish, dem waka dem own until police con carry am for House.

Hmm...
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by progress69: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
semmykiki:

U sound senseless to me with this stupid response here. You mean he sent a transfer and never bother to check the recipient name that appear during the transfer? Did you go to school at all?

U get sense so? Lol. You were talking of bank teller, cashier and all when OP clearly stated he made a TF and u still dey make noise here cheesy. What prompted this your bitter response? Na me dey frustrate your life?
Be like u nor get money? Hence u nor dey do transfer. This mistake is not new, and the problem is with the app or the banks keeping beneficiaries for easy access next time. Sometimes name doesn't even show and an app like quickteller will tell u to carry on if you are sure. Have u mistakenly sent a text to a wrong number on your phone before despite it being on your contact list? Stop making a fool of your self on the internet

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by ephi123(f): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
bigtt76:
OP to be blamed

1. He should have crossed checked to see that the Account Number and Account Name matched that of the person he was to send money to. If he has Internet Banking or any of the Bank's mobile Apps that supports online money transfer, he could easily have done that.

2. He should have complained officially to the bank. The banks have now been cautioned by the CBN into taking actions against fraudulent transactions. All the bank need to do is place a 'No Debit' message on the person's account across all the banks using his BVN. That way, he would have been forced to return your full money

undecided

Did you read that he called the bank immediately it happened but was unable to get through / kept waiting for 3 hours by which time the thief had withdrawn the money?

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Malakh: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
if you dont believe in God then you'll never have a conscience of what is good or evil, the laws of God is innate and spiritual, so that's a proof unto you that He exist, you cant escape Him because we were created out of Him,out of His universe and world, we are inside Him and He is inside us, no escaping Him, you are just in denial thats all
ColonelDrake:

I don't believe in God, but I think I will make an exception here. Permit me to say - God bless you. Your actions gives me joy that there's still hope.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Revolva(m): 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
so when y de make d payment u no de loook the receiver name on account before u make payment wether its online transfer or bank counter u r paying

bro be patient he may refund u
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by sukkottt: 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
An0nimus:

While I'm happy with the development, I find it surprising. This same Nigeria most people are cutting corners left, right and centre? this is one helluva paradox.
right bro ? it just does not add up. smells fishy. grin
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Explorers(m): 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
Some people can be so heartless sa, we all make noise that our present leaders are corrupt, they still millions of Dollars, bla, bla, bla.

With what am seeing now, if we are given the opportunity, we will do worse and steal Trillions.

Thats why we keep misbehaving around the world.

Its only God that can deliver this nation.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Certitude(m): 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

If I was a brick-layer or village hunter and village farmer. If I was a cleaner or night guard which I consider hardwork, then I dont think I would have been this wealthy. Life isnt always about working hard.
That being said; My position remains that he is not supposed to expose the guy's pictures on Nairaland for his own very mistake. He is supposed to pay the price then use diplomacy to recover the funds. Even if the guy confessed that he spent the money. You cant expose his photos. In court you are asked if you owe, and you say Yes. And then you are asked when you expect to pay back. You are the one to mention the date and it will be recorded. No one goes to jail for owing and admitting that you owe. Never happens, except you deny.
In this case, the recipient story is sweet. And he can win in court provided he has evidences.
Are you talking about the court you see in Nollywood. Sincerely speaking; you know nothing about court.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by progress69: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

Scammers ? How did he scam him anyway? And how did he steal ? Keep emotion aside. No one talks about emotion in court. Its evidence-based trial. So, Alanposh, I think you need to go to the nearest police station and file a report. Make sure the case goes to court and lets see who goes to jail. After that, we can conclude if life is fair. It isnt. People who make mistakes pay great prices. Diplomacy is all you need to survive on Earth.

Do u even know what libel is or u are just making noise on the internet.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by omonnakoda: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
Malakh:
if you dont believe in God then you'll never have a conscience of what is good or evil, the laws of God is innate and spiritual, so that's a proof unto you that He exist, you cant escape Him because we were created out of Him,out of His universe and world, we are inside Him and He is inside us, no escaping Him, you are just in denial thats all
I do not believe in gods of any description and I have no idea of what you mean by good or evil. I can bet everything I have that you cannot provide a meaningful definition of good or evil but I would refund the money because I would expect if it were me to have it refunded. Morality is nothing to do with God, good and evil but about rules that make society work in a harmonious way and reduce conflict. Most people have a sense of what is right or wrong conduct naturally and taking what belongs to another is wrong because we would not like to be treated thus( that reason suffices for most thinking folk)
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by sunkoye: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:
You sound bitter. Are you broke ?
@brownlolly see, arrogant people like billyonaire are often quite insecure. Though he tries to dominate and control, struggles to be in control, a reflection of his big fear of being dominated and controlled. As annoying and in share arrogance he finds it hard to admit being wrong and no matter how ridiculous and laughable the situation is. Here on NL, ehn, he often cling to a belief that he knows things even when the knowledge is outdated or fails to take into account broader perspectives. Sadly, if you check deep into him, He actually have less life experience than his pretense; brother, it's all a big cover up inflated by imagination and envy.
He once profess not to have issues sleeping with another man’s wife….you should understand how unstable he is and the level of his moral decadence. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by omonnakoda: 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

And how did he steal ?
Read the Nigerian penal code
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Criminal%20Code%20Act-Part%20VI%20%20to%20the%20end.htm

(1) A person who fraudulently takes anything capable of being stolen, or fraudulently converts to his own use or to the use of any other person anything capable of being stolen, is said to steal that thing.

(2) A person who takes or converts anything capable of being stolen is deemed to do so fraudulently if he does so with any of the following intents-

(a) an intent permanently to deprive the owner of the thing of it;

(b) an intent permanently to deprive any person who has any special property in the thing of such property;

(c) an intent to use the thing as a pledge or security;

(d) an intent to part with it on a condition as to its return which the person taking or converting it may be unable to perform;

(e) an intent to deal with it in such a manner that it cannot be returned in the condition in which it was at the time of the taking or conversion;

(f) in the case of money, an intent to use it at the will of the person who takes or converts it, although he may intend afterwards to repay the amount to the owner.

The term "special property" includes any charge or lien upon the thing in question, and any right arising from or dependent upon holding possession of the thing in question, whether by the person entitled to such right or by some other person for his benefit.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Malakh: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
This is what the laws of YHWH say we must do in this situation
Deuteronomy 22:1-3
Thou shalt not see thy brother's ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt in any case bring them again unto thy brother
And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it unto thine own house, and it shall be with thee until thy brother seek after it, and thou shalt restore it to him again.
In like manner shalt thou do with his ass; and so shalt thou do with his raiment; and with all lost thing of thy brother's, which he hath lost, and thou hast found, shalt thou do likewise: thou mayest not hide thyself.
The thief was supposed to hold the money and return it in full to the owner, this is why Yah's curses has devoured humanity because they've broken His covenants with Him and man.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Malakh:
Very big lie!...I don't need a god to have a good conscience and do what is right sorry
"If you cannot tell what right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion"
Morals have nothing to do with religion.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Malakh: 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
Romans 2:12 KJVS
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
ColonelDrake:

Very big lie!...I don't need a god to have a good conscience and do what is right sorry
"If you cannot tell what right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion"
Morals have nothing to do with religion.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Malakh: 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Romans 2:12 KJVS
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
omonnakoda:

I do not believe in gods of any description and I have no idea of what you mean by good or evil. I can bet everything I have that you cannot provide a meaningful definition of good or evil but I would refund the money because I would expect if it were me to have it refunded. Morality is nothing to do with God, good and evil but about rules that make society work in a harmonious way and reduce conflict. Most people have a sense of what is right or wrong conduct naturally and taking what belongs to another is wrong because we would not like to be treated thus( that reason suffices for most thinking folk)
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by hugochuks60(m): 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
the truth is that a mistake has already been made. the guy that paid the money into d wrong account made d greatest mistake. he could av asked d cashier if d Acc no n name r correct, but he didn't. in fact him n d cashier r first to be blamed.
secondly when he noticed this, he should av gone to d bank immediately to reverse the transaction n not calling customer care cos it will take time.
now as for d guy that used part of d money, tho that's wrong, but due to our nature as Nigerians, I will say he tried. he gave u 1/2 of it n promised to pay back d rest later n even explained he used to money to pay hospital bills for a woman. he has tried but as Nigerians, we don't trust people wen it comes to money. for me he has tried.
for d person who paid d money, pls u av already done a lot of damage to this guy by exposing his identity n picture n address n phone numbers on d social media. this is wrong. pls stop this n if u can delete them, pls do that. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
money money money!!! money is not everything. ur identity is more important. if u ask me, this guy owes u nothing cos u directly paid it to him.. pls I beg both parties to forgive themselves n make peace reign here. dont let this case reach court. its so minor but d consequences could be more than 60k.
thank you
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by equilibrum(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
OK guys I have to use this account for update, it's a friends. My actual account has been put on some kind of restriction.

Wanna first appreciate everyone for dropping by. Some of the comments here are very encouraging. So the guy contacted me few hours ago on whatsapp after seeing all of these. He had to unblock to message me. He mentioned paying back but first I should close down this thread. I just laughed. Told him to pay back first and I would inform u guys here and then do the needful.

And also to make few clarifications. The transaction was done on a Sunday so no way I could go to the bank. Also i used quickteller application for the transfer and the name didn't come up. I have learnt my lesson though. But still, he has no right to hold back the money. Thanks everyone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by blesoh(f): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
I don't understand, the guy said the woman's son then later changed to the woman's cousin, am sure he spent that money.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Certitude(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
LordBaelish:

You think that there are no medical records? or would he pay the hospital too? or would he say pay another guy to claim that he was to send the said #50,000? and on it goes..

Sometimes i just think the problem of most Nigerians is the fact that they feel that they're too smart.

Your case just fell apart here.. smh.
You are even nice. Even if he pays them all, he is still going to lose on his defamation claim.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by blesoh(f): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
equilibrum:
OK guys I have to use this account for update, it's a friends. My actual account has been put on some kind of restriction.

Wanna first appreciate everyone for dropping by. Some of the comments here are very encouraging. So the guy contacted me few hours ago on whatsapp after seeing all of these. He had to unblock to message me. He mentioned paying back but first I should close down this thread. I just laughed. Told him to pay back first and I would inform u guys here and then do the needful.
The guy is a thief, let him return the money first.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by progress69: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
Zirah:
Guy shatap. Shatap abeg. You're yet to make any sense. The more you tender the sillier you get.

That online billy goat should just give up already. The more he tries to sound smart the more he sounds extremely stoopid. As in, i just weak at how someone can be that silly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Certitude(m): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Billyonaire:

Let's even analyze your points and compare with the points from the recipient. You said he was supposed to return the money once he confirmed the mistake. And the recipient said, he already given the cash to the woman who was expecting money from the son for medical treatment, and the woman has spent it. He went ahead, and stated he wants to go to the woman and retrieve some of the unspent cash, and he did. Then followed up with a tactical conversation, that he has to borrow extra 5k to add and pay the 'OP'; That shows good faith in court, that shows honesty even though he might not be. But the courts see the acts and the facts not your emotion and conscience.

This is a win for the accused in court. Trust me.
So the OP wouldn't mention the fact that the guy blocked him from whatsapp, deactivated his line and also his nairaland account? BILLYGOATIARE abi na how dem dey call you...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Originalsly: 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hmmm.... but why contact the guy when the Bank was involved? The guy sounds credible but then.... one time he said it was the woman's son... and later he said was like a cousin? It can be he was truly waiting for the money ... I think if he wanted to take the money he wouldn't be going thru all that back and forth with you... and sending you some money. You also sound demanding when the fault was yours.... as for me... even if I wanted to... your tone would make me change my mind. Some mistakes are costly.... you've made one... move on.
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by datigbogirl: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
omonnakoda:
Read the Nigerian penal code
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Criminal%20Code%20Act-Part%20VI%20%20to%20the%20end.htm

(1) A person who fraudulently takes anything capable of being stolen, or fraudulently converts to his own use or to the use of any other person anything capable of being stolen, is said to steal that thing.

(2) A person who takes or converts anything capable of being stolen is deemed to do so fraudulently if he does so with any of the following intents-

(a) an intent permanently to deprive the owner of the thing of it;

(b) an intent permanently to deprive any person who has any special property in the thing of such property;

(c) an intent to use the thing as a pledge or security;

(d) an intent to part with it on a condition as to its return which the person taking or converting it may be unable to perform;

(e) an intent to deal with it in such a manner that it cannot be returned in the condition in which it was at the time of the taking or conversion;

(f) in the case of money, an intent to use it at the will of the person who takes or converts it, although he may intend afterwards to repay the amount to the owner.

The term "special property" includes any charge or lien upon the thing in question, and any right arising from or dependent upon holding possession of the thing in question, whether by the person entitled to such right or by some other person for his benefit.

Billyonaire what do you have to say to this?
Re: Help!!! He Has Refused To Return My Money by Rilwayne001: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
1stolax:
[size=18pt]Nonsense!

You are a thief! The likes of You, dogara and Saraki should be tied to a tree and consequently be shot 50times angry angry

This is why Nigeria is getting worse every blessed day. And the more reason why we are being ruled by evil men of the underworld.

Gosh! How did i end up here

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Zaki Biam Yam Market, Benue State: The Biggest Yam Market In Nigeria West Africa / Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! / Entrepreneurship Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.