Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This (5061 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

lmao !!! grin grin

This is seriously now a thing grin grin
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by MrMontella(m): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
kingebukaNaija...it seems analice107 is on a ban or something.. Ive been expecting to see her contrasting opinions on this thread.. She'd try to justify the brakadada ratata raba language...
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by dalaman: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Muafrika2:

This is a serious person who is a pastor. Hes not even my agemate, I wont be seeking him out like that! For this mini brobe ! undecided

But let me check if he's got photos online. He's a Ugandan pastor currently pastoring in Rwanda cheesy

For traditionalists who speak other languages without ever hearing of them, I may have to convince a friend to join NL(highly unlikely) and educate you on the phenomenon.

I knew it will always come to this.
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukaNaija: 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
MrMontella:
kingebukaNaija...it seems analice107 is on a ban or something..
Ive been expecting to see her contrasting opinions on this thread..
She'd try to justify the brakadada ratata raba language...

Well its good to see contrasting opinions
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by sonofthunder: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
I was once in a meeting and the pastor was going round holding hands with people and praying with them to receive the Holy Ghost.... some fell under the anointing while nothing happened for others... there was a lady amongst us who began speaking in tongues uncontrollably for like an 45mins - 1hr (maybe more as I can't fully remember if I left here there after the meeting). she really seemed to have been 'taken over'.
is that glosso... or xenoglossia?
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
sonofthunder:
I was once in a meeting and the pastor was going round holding hands with people and praying with them to receive the Holy Ghost.... some fell under the anointing while nothing happened for others... there was a lady amongst us who began speaking in tongues uncontrollably for like an 45mins - 1hr (maybe more as I can't fully remember if I left here there after the meeting). she really seemed to have been 'taken over'.
is that glosso... or xenoglossia?

Was she speaking in an existing language just like the 120 in Acts 2: 4-12 ?
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
cc : lalsticlala
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2016
cc : lalasticlala
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2016
Good morning Nigeria !
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by dalaman: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Good morning Nigeria !

Ebuka go to church and dash your pastor and his wife money. Stop greeting Nigerians that don't want your greetings. tongue
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2016
dalaman:

Ebuka go to church and dash your pastor and his wife money. Stop greeting Nigerians that don't want your greetings. tongue

grin grin grin

lol ... bro

Check this out

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/24/health/teen-spanish-new-language-trnd/

Xenoglossy can be inspired by the Holy Spirit
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by dalaman: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

lol ... bro

Check this out

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/24/health/teen-spanish-new-language-trnd/

Xenoglossy can be inspired by the Holy Spirit

No body has seen it happen anywhere the way it was reported in the bible. They event reported in the bible is mythical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:27am On Dec 04, 2016
dalaman:

No body has seen it happen anywhere the way it was reported in the bible. They event reported in the bible is mythical.

lmaoo ... at least you have seen that such is possible . So your claim that the one in the bible is mythical is baseless .
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by dalaman: 11:40am On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

lmaoo ... at least you have seen that such is possible . So your claim that the one in the bible is mythical is baseless .

Possible how? In your report it says the guy could speak some Spanish. All the people could at least speak the language a little at least. The one reported in the bible remains mythical.
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
dalaman:

Possible how? In your report it says the guy could speak some Spanish. All the people could at least speak the language a little at least. The one reported in the bible remains mythical.

The bible is a credible historical source . Don't forget that
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by CoolUsername: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible is a credible historical source . Don't forget that

But the Exodus never happened.
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
CoolUsername:

But the Exodus never happened.

Check this out bro www.reformjudaism.org/exodus-not-fiction
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
cool
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by MrMontella(m): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

egyptian evidence or?
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
MrMontella:

egyptian evidence or?

I strongly believe its Croatian evidence
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by MrMontella(m): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I strongly believe its Croatian evidence
i am asking you for egyptian evidence of the exodus...
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
[b][/b]
MrMontella:

i am asking you for egyptian evidence of the exodus...

Looks like it was from Czech Republic after all . Just hold on , let me send you a new one .
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by CoolUsername: 12:21am On Dec 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
So this article circumvents the absence of evidence by telling us that the Bible isn't a reliable source of information, since it is contains the number of people who left Egypt. Unfortunately, the author failed to substantiate the story, explaining the reason for lack of evidence is not evidence in itself. But what am I to expect from a Jewish source? Objectivity? The fact stands that there is no way exodus could have happened without acknowledgment from Egypt. The economic consequences alone would have been ridiculous. What we do know, though is that Egypt was quite prosperous at that time. Further reading: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8216544220 http://www.exitmundi.nl/bible/web-content/mos_exodus.html If the Exodus is fake then the Moses we know couldn't have existed. The law of Moses was the basis of Jesus' and Paul's teachings. If it is all based on a lie, what does this say about the Abrahamic religions?

Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by sonofthunder: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Was she speaking in an existing language just like the 120 in Acts 2: 4-12 ?
I'm not sure I'm/was in best situation to ascertain that for a number of reasons.
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukaNaija: 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
sonofthunder:

I'm not sure I'm/was in best situation to ascertain that for a number of reasons.

ok then .. no wahala
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by uvalued(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I'll do so . I've downloaded it . I'll get back to you when I'm done reading it smiley

hi
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukaNaija: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2016
uvalued:

hi

Still haven't read it yet bro . I'll be the one to message you , I promise .
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
cc : lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by sonofthunder: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2018
KingEbukaNaija:

Still haven't read it yet bro . I'll be the one to message you , I promise .
I guess you forgot to read said book...
Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by sonofthunder: 11:46am On Jan 13, 2018
John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by Kolanist(m): 3:06am On Jan 21, 2018
There is nothing wrong in PRAYING in tongues aloud in the church.it is just that when ever u pray in an unknown tongue in the church try to pray in a known tongue also~1CORINTHIANS 14:14-17. There is a difference between PRAYING in tongues(1CORINTHIANS 14:14-15) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES WITHOUT INTERPRETATION FOR UNBELIEVERS TO HEAR (1CORINTHIANS 14:21-22) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES TO MAGNIFY\PRAISE\TELL OF GOD'S WONDERS\WORSHIP\ which is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism(ACTS 2:1-15; ACTS 10:44-46 ) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION FOR BELIEVERS TO HEAR(1CORINTHIANS 14:27-28). Every christian can PRAY in tongues(it is called PRAYER LANGUAGE)&all can speak in tongues for unbelievers to hear and all SHOULD speak in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\(this is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism) but not all christians can SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION(it is a specific gift of the spirit in 1CORINTHIANS 12:10&30). If the bible condems speaking in tongue openly for unbelievers to hear why does it say in 1CORINTIANS 14:21-22 that "with men of other tongues will i SPEAK UNTO THIS PEOPLE yet they will not hear wherefore tongues is a SIGN TO UNBELIEVER" . If tongues is a sign to unbelievers as the scripture says, how will they hear it as a sign to them if it is not spoken openly to them or for them to hear. 1CORINTHIANS 14:39 says "........FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES" .Even in the first church, they ALL spoke with tongues to tell of God's wonders for the unbelievers to hear(ACTS 2:1-15).The fact is this, if ALL of them were not speaking in tongues in the first church during penticost, why did the people MOCK THEM SAYING THEY WERE DRUNK OF WINE in ACTS 2:13-15 ,if they were all speaking with understanding the people would not have said they were drunk ,this is what happened in Cornelius's house(ACTS 10:44-46). This is proof of the validity of speaking and praying in tongues openly .SPEAKING in tongues(without interpretation) should be done for unbelievers;SPEAKING in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\ SHOULD be done any were by all believers(any were,in &outside the church) but SPEAKING in tongues for interpretation(with an interpreter)(not all believers can do this) can be done in the church, there is the speaking with TONGUES OF ANGELS in 1CORINTHIANS 13:1 which i guess no man can understand, PRAYING in an unknown tongue can be done every were(in and outside the church) but try to pray with a known tongue as also with the unknown

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This by MyExpression(m): 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
Yhh... 100% true. I attended Christ embassy once and almost everyone was speaking in tongues even my friend that i know to be a chronic sinner. Twas later i got to know that they learn it.

How do they learn it?
I've heard this accusation of Christ embassy countless times and it shocks me to the bones...coz I attend same church yet I've never been told such Jack yet I pray in tongues and most of my set that joined the church at the same time still pray in tongues and most have had a deeper rship with God.

It's not taught in Christ embassy, however, you can claim that it is learnt by association; one begins to pick up the words from what is heard and can gradually speak in such manner.
Yet, speaking it consistently doesn't take practice, it's a state of mind or spirit, that allows you flow comfortably in unknown tongues without any doubts or questioning your actions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Vs Mohammed / Biblically Fact About Poverty / If God Created The Sun On The 4th Day,how Did 3 Days Come To Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.