Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu (20908 Views)

2019: Why PDP Is Yet To Endorse Fayose For President – Makarfi / Rivers Re-run: Wike Would Have Gone Had PDP Lost — Okorocha / Why PDP Lost Edo, Ondo And May Lose Future Elections - Ali Sheriff Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by akinszz: 1:28am On Nov 28, 2016
Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

Senator Buruji Kashamu on Sunday explained why his political party, the Peoples Democratic Party, lost the Saturday’s Ondo State governorship election to the All Progressives Congress.

The senator also crticised the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led National Caretaker Committee of the party over the statement credited to its spokesman, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, where he threatened to sanction those in the camp of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff.

Kashamu, in a statement signed by him, said that no one should mistake the pronouncements of the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court over the Ondo State PDP governorship ticket as their judgments on the party’s national leadership crisis.

He said that the refusal of the Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, to listen to advice on where his successor should come from worked against him and the PDP during the election.

Kashamu said, “We told Governor Mimiko that after eight years in office, the good people of Ondo State would resist the injustice of producing a successor from the same senatorial district where he hails from.

“It is not that Jegede is not a good material. He is urbane, intelligent and smart. He would have probably won had he come from any other senatorial zone than Mimiko’s.

“We told Mimiko that the people would not take anything that would look like a third term for him and his senatorial district. He would not listen.

“ Mimiko turned deaf ears to wise counsel, just like he turned his back on all those who helped him to power.

“Despite being the Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Mimiko turned himself into Fayose’s puppet, allowing Fayose to lead him by the nose.”

On the claim by the spokesman for the National Caretaker Committee of the PDP, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, that the party would impose severe sanction on Sheriff and members of his faction, Kashamu said such action would fail.

But he said that neither he nor any member of the faction was afraid of such impending sacrifice since, he said, they were fighting for the interest of their people.

He said, “”No one is afraid of any sanction so long as we know that we are fighting to protect the interest of our people.

“A political party is a congregation of people with a common goal yet with various interests. In every political setting, people align and realign with the bloc or group where they feel their interest is better protected and guaranteed.

“If your bloc or group wins, it does not mean you should seek to emasculate the other because you never can tell what would happen tomorrow.

“I wish to advise that no one should mistake the verdicts of the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court over the Ondo State PDP governorship ticket as their pronouncements on the national leadership crisis.

“They are two separate issues that I hope we can still resolve amicably. Anyone talking of sanctioning any member of the party for fighting to protect his interest does not wish the party well.”

He said that the gale of sanctions in Osun, Ogun and Kwara states would further exacerbate the crisis in the party, adding, “the truth is, such a move that will further undermine the party and its leadership.

“Is anyone saying that if tomorrow the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court rule in favour of any of the national leaders, he should send all those in support of the other out of the party when all the 36 states are polarised along the lines of Senators Sheriff and Makarfi? No. That is not the spirit of party politics and participatory democracy.”

http://punchng.com/pdp-lost-ondo-kashamu/

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 1:43am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmmm, let the blaiming continue..pdp

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by KwoiZabo(m): 3:50am On Nov 28, 2016
I agree 95% with Kashamu. The 5% is still reserved for the fact that Federal might favours APC.

17 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Atiku2019: 4:45am On Nov 28, 2016
cool cool
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by NOC1(m): 5:17am On Nov 28, 2016
Kashamu is so so right, in Nigeria when moving into the theatre of politics you must put region and geopolitical zones into consideration.

21 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Elnino4ladies: 5:46am On Nov 28, 2016
Blame game continue

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by modath(f): 6:10am On Nov 28, 2016
AndyMolarAllwel:
Hmmm, let the blaiming continue..pdp

Make dem kontinu nah, they will learn soon, the time just never reach... charlatans dem!! sad

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by OmoIyaMero: 7:00am On Nov 28, 2016
I agree with this man on this. But funny people are too myopic. Imagine Akure pple not voting their own son cos they feel jegede is a 3rd term agenda. Fashola succeeded Tinubu and it was not a 3rd term agenda. I wish Ondo state the best anyway. Pray Aketi won't be another Jonathan to Buhari theory. Ak'adiye ta, a fo'wo r'awo. Aja n lo'so, a re ra obo.

7 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 28, 2016
Let the blame game start.
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Agromuda(m): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2016
OmoIyaMero:
I agree with this man on this. But funny people are too myopic. Imagine Akure pple not voting their own son cos they feel jegede is a 3rd term agenda. Fashola succeeded Tinubu and it was not a 3rd term agenda. I wish Ondo state the best anyway. Pray Aketi won't be another Jonathan to Buhari theory. Ak'adiye ta, a fo'wo r'awo. Aja n lo'so, a re ra obo.

Fashola and Tinubu are not from the same senatorial district.. Fashola iis from Surulere, Tiinubu is from Alimosho, Ambode is from Epe. Mimiko miscalculated politically. He should have considered other districts too.
However, Ii share in your wish."I wish Ondo state the best anyway. Pray Aketi won't be another Jonathan to Buhari theory. Ak'adiye ta, a fo'wo r'awo. Aja n lo'so, a re ra obo."

18 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by damton(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2016
Whether or not jegede comes from the same senatorial district with the incumbent, the fact is that the people are fed up with this administration and it's influence in the State.

we can only hope Aketi lives up to billing

meanwhile,
I have an offer ,this one is better than MMM. ping me if you're interested.

Register with 1 stockfish and get matched with 4 people who will donate soup to u in 3 hrs.
It's no scam, it's real and it works. A friend of mine received 10 pots of soup within three days. Join now before it's too late.

9 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by XXLDICK(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2016
The PDP lost Ondo because of Mimiko's misrule, nothing else

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Lasskeey: 9:39am On Nov 28, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by kokerkl(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2016
PDP is not a serious party. just look at the time they wasted in court instead of campaign ground. Sheriff is truly a mole from the APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by kingDELE(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2016
Ehn-Ehn

Next please
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Olalekanbanky1(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2016
Shut up There! Jimoh Ibrahim already told us the reason.

Fani Kayode! Simple! grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by olaolulazio(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2016
R. I. P to pdp in the south west... We are coming for Ekiti state soon.

APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lies!!!
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by tolexy007(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2016
Rubbish, there must b a reason for everthing. even if PDP won there must b a reason for it... Kasumu or Kashamu abeg travell go USA and park well
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by ItsawrapOutfit: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2016
I reserve my comment
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by nerilove(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2016
Mimiko is so selfish. Even if the governor comes from a different senatorial district, he will still be in power. The thing be like film to him now. Always listen to what comes to both ears.
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by SexyNairalander: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by chinanu123(f): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2016
AFONJA Drug Baron have spoken.
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by seunny4lif(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Because of Mimiko simple
We don't need him
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by jegz25(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Na dem dem...
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Lanretoye(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2016
because they didn't pay FFK not to support them.
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by gigabyte13: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Pdp.......!!!!!!! FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......!!!!
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2016
olaolulazio:
R. I. P to pdp in the south west... We are coming for Ekiti state soon.

APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lies!!!
Yes Ekiti my dear state is the next to be taken over by APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by vivymako(f): 9:48am On Nov 28, 2016
PDP is gone for good. I pray they come up again though
Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by kings09(m): 9:49am On Nov 28, 2016
PDP's defeat is self-inflicted n they r bn paid back for all d bad governance they given Nigeria. APC sef is no difft n they r worse. They r all d same, afterall na interest (selfish interest) is wat matters

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Lost Ondo – Kashamu by agabusta: 9:49am On Nov 28, 2016
The drug baron.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ortom Is Selling 11 Benue Companies (See List In Newspaper Advert) / Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) / Rochas Okorocha Denies Calling Omojuwa "Stupid", Says It's 'Photoshopped'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.