Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) (13734 Views)

Governor Atiku Bagudu Gives Suya Seller 100k To Expand His Business / Door Of Holy Kaabah Opened For Bagudu, Kebbi Governor, His Entourage In Mecca / Obiano, Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbe Watching Anambra Rice Being Harvested-pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by stephanie11: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2016
FG hails Ebonyi's move to ban sale of foreign rice

Promises to cultivate 1,500 hectares of cashew nuts

Agric minister urges youths to go into farming, says farmers are heroes of Buhari's administration

The Federal government of Nigeria has stated its support for the Ebonyi state government as it moves to ban the sale of foreign rice into the state. This was revealed by the minister for agriculture, Audu Ogbeh, who visited the state in company of the Chairman,Presidential Committee on Rice production, Abubakar Bagudu and Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele.

Quoting Ogbeh;

Governor, I hear you banned the sale of foreign rice in your state, God bless you for it. I also hear you invited young men to come back from Lagos and work here, God bless you also for it. They will be happier here in this state than living under the bridge or substandard accommodation in Lagos, Abuja or elsewhere.

Ogbeh further urged youths of Ebonyi state to venture into farming, adding that farmers were the heroes of the Buhari administration. He revealed that machines were going to be made available for farmers in the state. In his words;

By the middle of last week, I had some machines ready for you (Ebonyi State). These include threshers and even new par-boiling drums which operate differently from what women are using. When those machines come, young men will be thought how to enter a farm and harvest rice for farmers.These young men and farmers will make so much money to the extent that they will become millionaires in the villages. So wealth is here (in farming).

According to Ogbeh, the FG was going to plant 1,500 hectares of cashew nuts. Five hundred hectares for the three senatorial districts in the state.He also said that two cashew roasting factories will be built.

CBN governor, Emefiele, in his remarks stated that the bank's Anchor Borrowers Programme will kick off next year, helping to boost farming in Nigeria. Bagudu, on the other hand, revealed that Nigeria has achieved self sufficiency in rice production and preparations are being made for export.

Before departure, the team was pleased to see giant heaps of rice husks which the Ebonyi state government plans on using to generate electricity.

http://politicsngr.com/photos-emefiele-bagudu-ogbeh-visit-ebonyi-back-umahis-ban-foreign-rice/

1 Share

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Rikidony(m): 9:15am On Nov 28, 2016
Sai baba

9 Likes

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by IgboRulesOthers(f): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2016
THIS IS GREAT

GOD Bless all South Eastern States and south south

God Bless all Igbos whether in Rivers, Calabar, Delta, Bayelsa, or Akwa ibiom

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

MY FELLOW BRETHEN WE SHALL GET there IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by IgboRulesOthers(f): 9:36am On Nov 28, 2016
CBN governor should endevour to visit south wastes state that has agriculture too cool cool cool cool

is not only South east and north that plant rice and others tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by galeiiTNA: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2016
Others are diversifying their economy, afonjas are busy rigging headies awards with tribalism

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by IgboRulesOthers(f): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2016
galeiiTNA:
Others are diversifying their economy, afonjas are busy rigging headies awards with tribalism

grin grin grin grin grin GUY free them nahhh.. atol atol na it bad pass cool cool cool cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by XXLDICK(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
IgboRulesOthers:
CBN governor should endevour to visit south wastes state that has agriculture too cool cool cool cool

is north only South east and north that plant rice and others tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Bigot!!!
Afonja must be giving you sleepless nights.
Seems you have not heard of Ofada rice... I so much love that rice

10 Likes

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
Great, at least Ebonyi can feed the nation with rice grin

"According to Ogbeh, the FG was going to plant 1,500 hectares of cashew nuts. Five hundred hectares for the three senatorial districts in the state.He also said that two cashew roasting factories will be built." shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by rickie4us(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
Now that they are planning to ban imported rice, what will be the price of the locally produced ones? I am yet to see it in the market where I live o. I still bought a bag of rice for 22k last weekend.

Please, what is the price of the locally produced rice and where can I buy it?
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by berrystunn(m): 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
Good move for Anambra state
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by IgboRulesOthers(f): 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

c ur big teeth grin grin grin
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
Na wa o, 2,016 yrs after Jesus died, we are celebrating production of our basic grains by ourselves ? WOW!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by phumble1: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
Good to see we are moving forward irrespective of party affiliations

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by berrystunn(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
IgboRulesOthers:
THIS IS GREAT

GOD Bless all South Eastern States and south south

God Bless all Igbos whether in Rivers, Calabar, Delta, Bayelsa, or Akwa ibiom

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

MY FELLOW BRETHEN WE SHALL GET there IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME

Where??
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by nairaman66(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Rexnegro(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
great decision
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by KnightSucre(f): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
It's ok
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by DanPel(m): 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
Other states,OYA OOO come and copy dis great step o,tori me i can't come and be eating imported china plastic rice o... #TeamConcoctionRiceBastardaizedWithIru anytime anyday...
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by freddie82(m): 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
Consistency is what matters. This is Nigeria n we know how incompetent hands have been running d affairs of our dear nation. I pray they can keep up d good work
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Ijaya123: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
IgboRulesOthers:

is north only South east and north that plant rice and others tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

How come you share similar attribute with the Starfish?
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=rickie4us post=51448759]Now that they are planning to ban imported rice, what will be the price of the locally produced ones? I am yet to see it in the market where I live o. I still bought a bag of rice for 22k last weekend.

Please, what is the price of the locally produced rice and where can I buy it?[/Quote
The reason u r not seeing it is bcuz greedy Nigerians re-baggin the locally made rice in a foreign bag and sell it as for foreign to us. saw it live at sango. ogun state. we Nigerians r the one killing ourselves. change shuld really begin with us.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
rickie4us:
Now that they are planning to ban imported rice, what will be the price of the locally produced ones? I am yet to see it in the market where I live o. I still bought a bag of rice for 22k last weekend.

Please, what is the price of the locally produced rice and where can I buy it?
The reason u r not seeing it is bcuz greedy Nigerians r re-baggin the locally made rice in a foreign bag and sell it as foreign to us. saw it live at sango. ogun state. we Nigerians r the one killing ourselves. change shuld really begin with us.

12 Likes

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Aburi001: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Rikidony:
Sai baba
IF I HEAR shocked
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by ItsawrapOutfit: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
The price should be the determinant
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by Partaker(m): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ebonyi ,the strong hold of south east agricultural product, proudly EBONYIAN, Anambra pple will not be happy abt this news,, watch them coming out to attack me
Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by OnichaIgbo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
Dead on arrival! Just negodu, ndi ji Range rover ya na toyota prado's bu ndi na abia igwam "buy naija to grow the naira"

Omasi'm ego Ebonyi rice ngoo, ma omasighi'm mhapu.

One thing I know, umu mmadu will still smuggle it into Ebonyi state and aga ereriri ya na Onicha Igboeze.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbeh Visit Ebonyi, Back Umahi's Ban On Foreign Rice (Pics) by OnichaIgbo(m): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
Partaker:
Ebonyi ,the strong hold of south east agricultural product, proudly EBONYIAN, Anambra pple will not be happy abt this news,, watch them coming out to attack me

Mechipu gi onu dia! Who asked you to compare and contrast? Ina. Abia ikpa nkewa.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo LG Elections: APC Candidates Win 610 Wards, Clear 33 Lgas, 35 Lcdas / Reps Pass Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing / Again, Kogi Residents Protest Against Dangote's "Monopoly & Exploitations"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.