Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,835 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance (22322 Views)

Aso Rock Policemen Protest "Discriminatory Allowance"- The Punch / Women Protest In Ondo Over Dino Melaye’s Attack On Remi Tinubu / Celebrities And Policemen Protest Against Gender Based Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 28, 2016

Some men of the Nigeria Police Force on Monday morning went hay wire in Ondo town, Ondo State, protesting non-payment of their last Saturday governorship election allowance.

The policemen trooped out to Fagun street in Ondo town ‎chanting various war songs to kick against the way they were treated after the governorship election.

The development caused traffic logjam in the area.

All efforts to speak with the protesters were not successful as they ‎were beating journalists who were trying to speak with them and residents who wanted to take photographs of the protest.

Details later.

http://punchng.com/breaking-policemen-rampage-ondo/

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Why buhari no dey like pay workers salary?

15 Likes

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by KnightSucre(f): 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
What?

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by kolaish(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
This is rather too early, they should have waited for at least a week or two after the election. By the way, is it permitted for Police to protest openly? They should have seek alternative ways to get the allowance instead of protesting.

My opinion.

19 Likes

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by donphilopus: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
comshots:

Is the FG owing you any salary? Besides, this' not salary but allowance.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Bamz555: 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Time To Break My Silence.

Each time I try to keep silence my conscience won't let me be,just as I recall one that the man in me dies when I keep mute in the place of oppression.

Yes I used the word oppression here to justify the suffix on the unjust rustication of a 200L student of the prestigious university of Abuja my alma-mater by the disciplinary panel of the institution because he mobilised students for the peaceful NLC protest over the sudden increment of fuel pump price.

Peaceful protest is not a crime in any sane society and why would that of Ameh Destiny be different?

The likes of Late Obafemi Awolowo And Nnamdi Azikiwe Zik of Africa fought and protested for the liberation and emancipation of this nation and Africa students during the colonial era.

Segun Okeowo of this world also fought and led many struggle for the emancipation and liberation from the shackles of the oppressor.

I therefore call on civil society, human rights activist, union leaders both present and past, the leadership of National Association of Nigeria students national body led by Comrade Aruna Kadiri Nans Jcc Fct Axis led by Comrade Abubakar Yahaya M and other concerned comrades to rise and come to the rescue of this young man.

Amanga Awetu!

We Shall Not Relent!!

Okeke Nnaemeka Rolland
#WeDemandJustice

#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny

*BringBackOurDestiny*!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!!

The entire Unibuja students demand the reinstatement of Comr. Ameh Destiny or show Comr. Felix the exit door too.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
donphilopus:

Is the FG owing you any salary? Besides, this' not salary but allowance.
Last month or so, Buhari's bodyguards who worked for him during his presidential campaign protested over the same issue of non payment of their allowances.The Nigerian army who are fighting bokoharam lamented too.Another one is the revelation by Al-Jazira investigation over the non payment of 8 month arrears been owed fg retirees.It took protest among these people for their money to be released.Why is this man inhumane?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
kolaish:
This is rather too early, they should have waited for at least a week or two after the election. By the way, is it permitted for Police to protest openly? They should have seek alternative ways to get the allowance instead of protesting.

My opinion.
The policemen said they were owed some allowances of past election before the just concluded Ondo state election.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by donphilopus: 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
comshots:
Last month or so, Buhari's bodyguards who worked for him during his presidential campaign protested over the same issue of non payment of their allowances.The Nigerian army who are fighting bokoharam lamented too.Another one is the revelation by Al-Jazira investigation over the non payment of 8 month arrears been owed fg retirees.It took protest among these people for their money to be released.Why is this man inhumane?

Why were you then mistaking the non-payment of allowances for non-payment of salaries? Is there no difference between the duo? You're even talking as if Buhari didn't inherit the non-payment of arrears from Jonathan. I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
donphilopus:

Why were you then mistaking the non-payment of allowances for non-payment of salaries? Is there no difference between the duo? You're even talking as if Buhari didn't inherit the non-payment of arrears from Jonathan. I rest my case!
Both are not paid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by agabusta: 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
They should exercise patience now. Haba, its way too early for protests.
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by kolaish(m): 1:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
comshots:
The policemen said they were owed some allowances of past election before the just concluded Ondo state election.
Then, the protest is worth it.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by herzernIsHere: 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
I feel like raininq curses on the entire NPF...... undecided undecided
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by smogup: 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
APC and scam are like Mugabe and Zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
Choi
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by rawtouch: 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ok now
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by newheart2(m): 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
op u are lying police cannot do that
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Bigajeff(m): 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
Police What?
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by newheart2(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
op u are lying police officers cannot do that
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by KnightSucre(f): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
Linus
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by noyen(m): 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
comshots:
some people sef...na salary or allowance

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by scrapNG: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
good for them
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by johnstar(m): 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
Kiki
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by DjAduba(m): 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
kolaish:

My opinion.
U say whaaaaaaa! guy after 3days if u no talk, the English weh u go hear even Oxford Dictionary no fit explain am.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Mrsogoduu: 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hahaha
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Pavore9: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Policemen protesting! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by snadguy007(m): 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Police protesting..... This one is strong o cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Nairadays: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
If no be hunger, paramilitary men are not supposed to behave in such manner. angry

Hunger no be good thing, abi HungerBAD?

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Ahmeduana(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
kolaish:

My opinion.
TOO EARLY? AFTER ALL THE RIGGING WORK WEY THEM HELP APC DO! I THINK THAT IS WHAT GAVE THEM THE BOLDNESS TO PROTEST.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Nairadays: 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ahmeduana:

TOO EARLY? AFTER ALL THE RIGGING WORK WEY THEM HELP APC DO! I THINK THAT IS WHAT GAVE THEM THE BOLDNESS TO PROTEST.

Hahahahaha, Rigging work indeed. Come to think about it, which kind allowance be dis, isn't election monitoring part of the police force duties? Or is it left for Civil defense?

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by Candybob(m): 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
Very funny post grin

Police protesting is some new development...

I think I like the idea
Re: Policemen Protest In Ondo Over Non-Payment Of Election Allowance by ButterFrost212(f): 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
Policemen or any armed force should not be protesting, they should all be sacked!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola / Don’t Let ‘hunger Virus’ Kill Us, Residents Beg Wike / APC Wins 25 Out Of 27 Assembly Seats In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.