Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants (2483 Views)

Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? / Chocotravel Uses Nude Flight Attendants In Ad Campaign (Video) / What Is This Airplane Doing On Lagos Road? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Taking long flights can be a tiring experience no matter how
comfortable the plane is. If it is uncomfortable for a passenger imagine what it would be for a flight attendant or a pilot. They have to stay vigilant all through the journey and mind the needs of passengers. Long-haul flights take more than eight hours to reach destination. Long-haul non-stop flights fly without breaks, which means a very long working day.

To make things better for the crew most of the long-haul plane manufacturers build secret rooms and bedrooms where the crew can rest. They are usually built behind the cockpit and can only be accessed by the crew.

www.unbelievable-facts.com/2016/07/secret-airplane-compartments.html

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Different planes have different type of layout and interiors. Some are of dorm-room style with all the beds placed side by side and a little partition separating them.

1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
Boeing 773 adopts an aisle-style compartment.The beds are on either side of the aisle separated by partitions and curtains.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
The quarters are windowless and usually very cramped. They are meant to serve as temporary retreats for a quick nap or break.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
The signs near the entrance give details about the capacity and instructions for usage.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Some interiors are made to look lively with pops of bright colored pillows so that the lack of space is less noticeable, like this Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
Or this Boeing 777, which also has storage space for the attendants.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
While this Canada’s Boeing plane has a very function-oriented bland look.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
The whole experience of being in such cramped spaces can be claustrophobic. But since they are temporary sanctuaries to get
some shut-eye they serve their purpose well.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
The entrances are hidden away from the view of passengers. They sometimes are small doors with a compact stairway up to the rooms, while some are ceiling trap doors that look just like the luggage bins above passengers.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Olarewajub: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
Boeing 777 also has a compartment overhead with two business class chairs and a washing area.

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by FreshBoss007: 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
cool grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by henrychubayo: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
very nice info. But seriously, I didn't know about this before. Thanks for this wounderful forum and the lovely people we have here.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by MrTeCO(m): 6:24am On Nov 29, 2016
I love this....front page please..

c.c: lala come ooo
Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 29, 2016
Nice one...
Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Dexema(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2016
The attendants also need some rest, I don't like that bland canadian one, seems it's made like that to discourage them from sleeping.
Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by forexbinary: 11:39am On Dec 01, 2016
Mere looking at the pictures alone makes me claustrophobic... embarassed

If I mistakenly sleep in any of those, I'd be sure to dream about the judgement day sad
Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by Electroweb(m): 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good for them.
Re: Pictures Of The Secret Airplane Compartments Of Flight Attendants by tyosho: 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
I miss being a cabin crew.it was a fantastic experience.
These pictures brought back beautiful memories.I wish I could relive those days.
Doing long haul flights to new places,meeting people,the exposure,the knowledge garnered from different experiences!!
Great great I tell you.

I envy those ladies up there

(1) (Reply)

Visa Appeal Without The Service Of A Lawyer / United Nigeria Airline Airbus A320 Now In Nigeria (photo) / Ireland Ranks No 5 In Best Place To Live In World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.