Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? (1762 Views)

Are Best Friends Worth It? Mine Abandoned Me In The Streets Of A Foreign Country / The Right Helping Hands For Your Family While You Are Home Or Abroad / Water Purifiers Are A Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
Please, has anyone used the unilever Pureit water purifier? I am thinking of getting one for my family instead of relying on refillable water dispensers, but would like to know how it works, power sources, what parts need to be replaced, how often and how much these parts may cost. Any reviews on any other home water purification system are also very much appreciated.
Re: Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? by mu2sa2: 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
Farmerforlife:
Please, has anyone used the unilever Pureit water purifier? I am thinking of getting one for my family instead of relying on refillable water dispensers, but would like to know how it works, power sources, what parts need to be replaced, how often and how much these parts may cost. Any reviews on any other home water purification system are also very much appreciated.
I am using one I bought 15k about 2 years ago. It works perfectly. I don't buy satchet water anymore. Infact I don't like to drink satchet water since I have been using it - the water from it tastes great. But you have to be replacing the filter - a kit filters about 2000 litres,as stated on the package. The last time i bought one it was 5k. The water purifier will stop working by itself if the filter is due for replacement ( water will not come out of the tap). I recommend it anyday - fixing the filter is a bit tricky, though not difficult.

1 Like

Re: Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2016
mu2sa2:
I am using one I bought 15k about 2 years ago. It works perfectly. I don't buy satchet water anymore. Infact I don't like to drink satchet water since I have been using it - the water from it tastes great. But you have to be replacing the filter - a kit filters about 2000 litres,as stated on the package. The last time i bought one it was 5k. The water purifier will stop working by itself if it expires(no water will come out of the tap). I recommend it anyday - fixing the filter is a bit tricky, though not difficult.

Thank you so much. I will try to get one ASAP. A bag of pure water is now N100 which is N10/litre, the refillable thing is even worse, about N15. This way it will be about N2.50/litre. Let us hope that water corporation start giving us drinkable tap water in the forseeable future.
Re: Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? by segzy0i(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2016
Its a very good device in addition to d above comment depending on d water quqlity it might filter above 2000ltrs or might not be up to dt if ur water is of good source it wl last but if its not dt gud I might tend to change it b4 dt 2000Litres but be sure u wl njoy it cos I ve been using it for d past 4 years

1 Like

Re: Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? by stormtrooper: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
yeah, this is a good water purifier, however, in my case it was broken too fast... So I would like to know what's the model of water purifier you use and what made you buy the water purifier?
Re: Are Home Water Purifiers Worth It? by nicki1991(m): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2019
stormtrooper:

yeah, this is a good water purifier, however, in my case it was broken too fast... So I would like to know what's the model of water purifier you use and what made you buy the water purifier?
Personally, I liked the water purifier I saw in my brother's apartment. Then I didn't know what kind of device it was and thought it was a coffee maker, lol smiley However my brother said it was a water purifier and gave me to taste the water from it. To be honest at that moment I realized what clean drinking water is... Moreover, then I became interested in water purifiers, so I was looking for the best deals in the Internet and when I typed the request in Google, the first link was an article about the best water purifiers, and with the help of this article I chose Havells Max 7-liters RO UV Water Purifier (fortunately there were links to the cheapest offers on Amazon).

(1) (Reply)

23 Things To Do To Keep Your Husband Under The Control Of Your Love / Help I Need 20k And Baking Equipments / Share Your Childhood Photos. Let’s Appreciate How Far We’ve Come. 2023!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.