Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana (566 Views)

Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) / Man Sends An Orphan He Met During NYSC In Rivers To University (Pics) / Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana by caremaster: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2016
GHOne News has released a shocking video of how pupils swim their way through two rivers in a quest to gain access to education at Tsavanya, the nearest community with school facilities. According to the report, canoes are mostly unavailable to convey the kids from Agorde to Tsavanya, leaving them to use a deadly means by putting their uniforms and books in basins and hold it carefully as they swim across to Tsavanya.

Speaking to GHOne News, Kpodo who access the river with two of his brothers and other children said it is more dangerous especially during rainy seasons but they have no choice but to bravely navigate the waters to school. Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2me9zBDK87s
Source: http://www.nigerianewspaper.com.ng/2016/11/watch-how-pupils-swim-across-2-rivers.html

Re: Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana by Towncrier007(m): 7:19am On Nov 29, 2016
ohhh
Re: Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana by lawrenzi(m): 7:20am On Nov 29, 2016
This is preposterous!

Africa my land!

May God help us all.

alot of us swim the sea of life just to get to our destination.
Re: Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana by Oliviaxx(f): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2016
no money to build a bridge..meanwhile in another thread i read that $80,000 or so was given to a 'Miss africa' winner...smh. Misplaced priorities..what the hell is miss africa anyway
Re: Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:46am On Nov 29, 2016
i have nothing to say .........Bad govt.
Re: Watch How Pupils Swim Across 2 Rivers To Attend Classes In Ghana by LoveJesus87(m): 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Oliviaxx:
no money to build a bridge..meanwhile in another thread i read that $80,000 or so was given to a 'Miss africa' winner...smh. Misplaced priorities..what the hell is miss africa anyway
$80k to another cucumberian? shocked na wao shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Jamb And Admission Poo Is Enough / PTDF Moves To Domesticate Overseas Scholarship Programmes / Unveiling The Secret Of The Voynich Manuscript (i Can Read It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.