Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih (1144 Views)

Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor / How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark / I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by rapistomenka: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2016
ABUJA—TWENTY- three years after the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, supposedly won by late business mogul and candidate of the defunct Social Democratic Party, SDP, Chief M.K.O. Abiola, National Chairman of the party at the time, Chief Tony Anenih, has said Abiola refused to heed his warning not to declare himself president.

Anenih, who revealed this in his autobiography, titled My Life and Nigerian Politics, said: “ I wish he had listened to my advice not to declare himself president of this country. ‘’If he did, I believe he would, in all probability, still have been alive today. Frustration arising from the collapse of his scheming drove him into the extreme step which, in the end, set up a chain of events that ultimately cost him his life.’’ According to Anenih, after declaring himself president, Chief Abiola was detained and efforts were made to secure his release, but his friend, late General Sani Abacha, refused.

He noted that Abacha wrote, saying “The case of Chief Abiola who is standing trial for treason has gone widely distorted in the orchestrated campaign to mislead the world. ‘’An act of treason is as serious as it is grievous. It is an assault on one’s fellow citizens. Those who describe Abiola as a political prisoner seek to trivialize the grave offence for which he is charged…” Chief Anenih, who was Chairman of Board of Trustees, BoT, of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, also revealed that late General Shehu Yar’Adua played a significant role in his life, adding that the late general and politician made him what he is in politics today.

“Any account of my role in Nigeria’s political centre stage cannot end without a discussion of my relationship with Shehu Musa Yar’Adua. ‘’As I indicated earlier, it was Shehu Yar’Adua who made me what I am in politics today. While he was alive, he was a good leader, a strong politician who was ready to do anything to achieve success in politics as he did in the army.” he said. In the 257-page book, made up of eleven chapters, appendices and colourful pictures, Chief Anenih opened up on what took place and the political intrigues that characterized the political scene at the time.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/june-12-saga-warned-abiola-not-declare-president-anenih/
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by rapistomenka: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2016
I know he was seriously warned but his imaginary sophistication wudn't let him heed to advice.

MKO Abiola sponsored many coups and stole our money.

How will History remember him?.....as a thief or a Coup financier?

I need a copy of Anenih's book so as to have the clean breast of Abiola's ugly records

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by bonechamberlain(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2016
Hmmmm, anenih but why u allow osho nah
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by amnesty7: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2016
So what shall we do with this news now when Abiola is not here to confirm its authenticity?
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by alcmene: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2016
Do they ever listen to advice

The same way we warned Tinubu against supporting Buhari.

The only difference between Tinubu and Abiola presently is that MKO is late cool cool

5 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2016
And thats how we going to allow this man to go with all his wealth of experience, no wonder Jonathan begged him to stay cheesy he would be greatly missed by the youths cool

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by testarossa: 10:32am On Nov 29, 2016
Naso. Mr warner Bros
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by CowHard: 10:34am On Nov 29, 2016
The greedy and insatiable MKO was consumed by his selfish ambition.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by Atiku2019: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2016
cool cool
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by kings09(m): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2016
Can't dis old n irrelevant man go sit down sumwhr? Tot he said he z retired. Him mouth no de follow retire?
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by dukie25: 10:40am On Nov 29, 2016
Ok
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by TippyTop(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2016
Iyase of esanland has spoken, am still waiting to lay my hands on a copy of this autobiography.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by rapistomenka: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2016
kings09:
Can't dis old n irrelevant man go sit down sumwhr? Tot he said he z retired. Him mouth no de follow retire?

Retirement doesn't connote political dumbness.

Focus on the subject matter and stop attacking an old man undecided

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by kings09(m): 10:49am On Nov 29, 2016
The old man dat never contributed anythn while he was active political service n now he z seeking some form of important legacy to remember him. If he had performed positively, he doesn't need to tel us all dis stories for d gods he z sayin. Na we go even de praise am. Let d man retire evrytin abt him n go chill wit his money in some isolated retirement mansion of his.
rapistomenka:

Retirement doesn't connote political dumbness.

Focus on the subject matter and stop attacking an old man undecided
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by SillyMods: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2016
alcmene:
Do they ever listen to advice

The same way we warned Tinubu against supporting Buhari.

The only difference between Tinubu and Abiola presently is that MKO is late cool cool
Same way we warned Dilector KANU but he refused to heed our advice. See where his strong head has landed him!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by rapistomenka: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2016
kings09:
The old man dat never contributed anythn while he was active political service n now he z seeking some form of important legacy to remember him. If he had performed positively, he doesn't need to tel us all dis stories for d gods he z sayin. Na we go even de praise am. Let d man retire evrytin abt him n go chill wit his money in some isolated retirement mansion of his.

To the best of my knowledge, Pa Anenih is not asking anybody for political favor but like any other politician, is taking us down memory lane on the numerous political activities that transpired during his active days.

Whats difficult to comprehend here?

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by alcmene: 11:02am On Nov 29, 2016
SillyMods:

Same way we warned Dilector KANU but he refused to heed our advice. See where his strong head has landed him!

Kanu and MKO struggle are different matters entirely.

Mandela was also warned but his resoluteness led to the liberation of South Africa

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by CowHard: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2016
SillyMods:

mofo.... their struggles are different.

MKO was a full time Nigerian politician while Nnamdi kanu the Ohamadike of Igbo land is fighting for the liberation of his people.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by SillyMods: 11:12am On Nov 29, 2016
cowardSeun:

mofo.... their struggles are different.

MKO was a full time Nigerian politician while Nnamdi kanu the Ohamadike of Igbo land is fighting for the liberation of his people.
You mean Okiki Abiama is preventing Dilector from unleashing his one million riffles and soldiers on the zoo?
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by Progressive01(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2016
From the way this man's been running his mouth lately, i wouldn't doubt it if he tells us he asked jonathan to devorce mama piss if he wanted to win the election.

When a man sees his end, he tries to convince himself there was some purpose to his life.
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by Progressive01(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2016
Modath, comman see your friend has started hailing Anenih, same way he hailed sheriff until he declared one day "sheriff is a useless man and a mole planted by APC".

Cant forget how you massacred him with a screenshot of what he said about sheriff coupla months earlier. The yoot scampared never to return until after he recovered from the injury your comment gave him. cheesy
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by Jesusloveyou: 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
alcmene:

Kanu and MKO struggle are different matters entirely.

Mandela was also warned but his resoluteness led to the liberation of South Africa
but not the division of south Africa
And mko struggle would have also lead to liberation of Nigeria
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by rapistomenka: 12:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Modath, comman see your friend has started hailing Anenih, same way he hailed sheriff until he declared one day "sheriff is a useless man and a mole planted by APC".

Cant forget how you massacred him with a screenshot of what he said about sheriff coupla months earlier. The yoot scampared never to return until after he recovered from the injury your comment gave him. cheesy

What is this one saying
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by alcmene: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
but not the division of south Africa
And mko struggle would have also lead to liberation of Nigeria

Mandela fought against imposition/occupation/oppression by foreigners.

Nnamdi Kanu is fighting against imposition/occupation/oppression by foreigners

MKO fought for his personal and political gain and was rightly handled

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by CowHard: 12:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
lalasticlala...... front page
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by Stalwert: 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Guy shettap abeg all this running tongue sorry mouth wey dey shack you no make sense at all
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by rapistomenka: 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
Stalwert:
Guy shettap abeg all this running tongue sorry mouth wey dey shack you no make sense at all

Who are you referring to particularly
Re: June 12 Saga: I Warned Abiola Not To Declare Himself President —anenih by Stalwert: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
rapistomenka:

Who are you referring to particularly

Ask your rape victims

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Family Abandons Daughter’s Pre-wedding Photographs / Okada Riders Excited As Fayose Reaches Out To Them With Christmas Gifts(pics) / Dino Melaye's Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.